the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin took note of the warriors of the Edge, but they were many and the stallion would have to assess them as they came. The leader, a tall, white stallion with a horn of ice spoke to Mirage in a tone that Paladin could only guess was weariness, and part of him understood the noble King. Though Paladin was against the mood of the Edge, he could not help but feel sympathetic; he knew what it was like to have a group trying to rip your land from under your hooves. Kri’s voice also rang out from the crowd, and he watched the many warriors that she had brought. What would make her loathe him so much when he was putting his life at stake for equality?

Then, crimson eyes settled on his half-sister, and the blackness in the stallion’s heart rose to his throat. He lowered his head menacingly, baring his white teeth in dark, brutal anger. “You knew that I ruled the Tides with equality, Giselle. I have repented of the sins of our father, but you revel in the madness. You are blinded with needless hatred, and I am sorry that the abuse you suffered has changed you.” Paladin’s crimson eyes filled with emotion for a brief moment, remembering them as children. She was not born like this; she was made like this. “I am sorry that I could not help you.”

A dark mare with a silver moon painted across her back took the lead and shouted orders, and the black dun was grateful for the militant logic. He listened carefully and nodded, imagining the battle field from a bird’s eye view; he envied the pegasus in this moment. A smile formed on his lips at her fire, and he nodded to his group: Ricochet, Archibald, Aaron, and Ned. “Work in tandem. If we remain a group, we cannot be picked off. Listen to the dark mare with the silver markings and remain a part of the mass. Glance frequently behind you.” The stallion watched the musculature of the Edge’s warriors, waiting to see who would run first.

Mauja. And he made a line toward Aaron when the entire field burst into glorious, total chaos. Paladin could not help but grin; this was his element, and he reveled in the thought of battle. The black dun watched with pride as Aaron maneuvered with the King, but Paladin would not allow a chance that one of his own warriors, especially one so young, would get killed. With a snort, the Valiant watched as Aaron’s magic worked itself over the king, but a darting, bay figure caught his eye. Both Lace and Vikram were going to help the young Aaron, so Paladin could focus on his sisters. He watched with an amused smirk as the gunmetal figure of GISELLE ran at him in a juvenile attempt to spear his side; they had sparred before, and she knew exactly why Paladin had been the general of their group. She was playing him a fool.

The black dun tensed his body, widened his stance and lowered his horn. Most of his weight was on his hindlegs, hocks coiling like a spring to dodge her horn, and he did so easily with a simply dance to the side. Neck arched, he laughed before a flash of black and a stab of pain in his hip distracted him from his brief victory. PSYCHE stabbed him, though shallowly. He spun around, watching a flurry of chocolate and feathers help in his defense against his jackal of a sister, and he was surprised. KRI. NED also appeared to take care of PSYCHE, leaving Paladin’s crimson eyes a brief moment to take count of those around him. Black with white stripes leapt at Ned, and Paladin eyed DELINNE with anger before jumping in front of NED’S side. The black dun stallion pushed off the ground hard, hind hooves ripping into the earth as he launched himself at DELINNE; she would not even get close. “You fight for the wrong side, DELINNE!” he barked, arching his neck and turning his head as he dipped his chin to his chest. Hopefully, his horn would scrape along her barrel as she ran, and if not, he would be ready to meet her head on.

Once he made sure that NED was safe, Paladin turned his attention once more to GISELLE. “Face me like a true warrior and not this coward you have proven yourself to be. You know better,” he said, arching his neck and lunging forward at her crimson and silver figure with his horn leveled at her side. The stab from Pysche burned. Then, his crimson eyes flashed with hatred, and he released the darkness of his soul, intent to burn her blood and hear her screams.

[OOC: (798 words)
Defense: Jumps out of the way of Giselle's attack. Gets stabbed shallowly in the hip by Psyche.
Attack: Lunges at Delinne and turns his horn to the side to scrape her body as she goes past, but if she turns to face him, he is ready.
Lunges at Giselle with his horn leveled to stab her, but uses his blood boiling magic. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Paladin - 09-22-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM