the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

This was just like before, like home, like Salka.
Jaydan lurched on his tree as his heart simultaneously lifted with joy and sunk with despair.

There were subtle differences of course, namely the opponents and his brethren. Rather than wings and elves surrounding him it was a myriad of colors and bodies, many of which he did not know while his previous army had been intimate. His opponents looked so similar to even some on his side - in Salka there had never been a pretty face looking back at you when you gored it or when it gnawed on your flesh. It had always been hideous and loathsome orcs, trolls, giants and goblins.

Could he fight these horned ones, standing in their rightful home, with the same hatred and battle lust he'd provided in Salka? Did he even have the capacity for anything aside from grief any more?

He glanced around him, blue eyes skimming the field of mist that veiled a good majority of the enemy line. The trees here were spindly and sparse compared to Salka. This was not home. This was not a war he burned for.
But I need it his mind, small and fragile, whispered back to his flickering memories and emotions, equally wound together.

There were some similarities to behold after all, he reasoned with himself. One side against another. Wings still beating in the air around his ears. Inspiring songs sung by their military leads. Battlecries screamed with the start.

The start!

Jaydan's blue eyes snapped to clarity just as the branch beneath him cracked with a tremendous bellow of complaint and sent him plummeting down to the earth below in a tangle of wings, legs and blue. The ground rushed up quickly, but Jaydan had enough time to at least position his feet under him. He landed roughly, his legs buckling and sending him keeling over onto his right side. He breathed heavily into the ground, dust and mist alike swirling around his nose as his sides heaved with the exertion required to draw air. It was an incredibly odd sensation, as if the earth were pulling him into her, not content to have him pressed against her dirty bosoms but wanting him deeper.

And then all at once, the feeling lifted.

Jaydan gasped, his ribs stretching thankfully beneath his splayed wings. Dazed but at least aware enough that a battle surged on around him, although luckily none seemed to bother finding him as his eyes noted the small bands already in tussle, he shakily stood back to his legs. His side hurt and scratches lined regions where he'd been half clobbered by the tree branch that fell with him, giving him a great array of mild bruises as well all over. Everything was minor annoyances though, the brunt of his injury sustained by his right fore that had taken the force of his falling body. It was tender to stand on, but it would have to hold him the rest of this day. He hoped this would not wage on long, but it was likely a useless wish.

Shaking the dust from him he flexed his wings, finding with satisfaction they were in working order, then shoved off with his haunches to get airborn once more. At least in the sky his fetlock was of little consequence, but seeing as his foes were all land bound it was likely to come into play in time.

A set of circles wove the jay atop the battlefield, head dipped to watch the fray below before he finally settled on an area of focus. The great dragon MIRAGE that twirled into the air not far from him caught his attention first. For a moment fear lurched in his throat but he hastily beat it down, knowing her to be an ally. And anyway, his heart sung wickedly, what did he have left to fear?

With fresh resolve Jaydan threw himself into reckless abandon, diving at ULRIK just after the dragon's tail swept through. Mostly Jaydan hoped to scatter the dark unicorn and LENA if she remained near him, but his wings soon trapped the air and angled him back out steady, driving him up to the skyway once more with strong beats, but not before a parting buck was given towards ULRIK'S head.

Jaydan hoped to kill today. If not that, then someone better kill him.

[733 words :: summary- fell with the tree branch, landing on right fore and injuring it so it wont hold his weight well. Scratches and bruises mainly on his right side but really everywhere. Got airborn again and tried to help Mirage by diving at Ulrik and Lena, then kicking out at Ulrik's head as he started to climb back up.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM