the Rift

[OPEN] I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE]

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
never take advice from someone who just admitted to being devious and just confessed to treason

The Basin's army had filtered forth from the icy halls and left the valley empty and silent. The Thief had watched them leave with conflicting emotions, wanting to be a part of the fight as much as he had wanted to stay out of harm's way. In the end, it hadn't been his choice to make. He kept close to the sentinels in their absence, watching the path that wound through the towering mountains, waiting for the sight of an approaching silhouette against the gray rock. The sun tracked slowly across the sky overhead as he paced across the open field, too restless to retire for any amount of time. He was watchful, in case his family might return, or any rivals were to show up on their doorstep. The invasion had thrown a wrench into his developing plans. He had intended to depart the Basin that very morning and embark upon his search, but with a war being waged in the south, he would have to put it off for some time longer.

The Thief had anticipated the possibility of a disturbance during the time in which he waited, but he did not expect it to come from within. A guttural bellow caught his attention from inside the walls of the valley, and Roland turned to find the source of it, prepared to leave his post by the entrance to their home. Before he could take a step forwards, he spotted forms in the distance, moving towards him at a breakneck speed across the plain. There was a mare in their midst, hornless and boxed in by two of the Basin's own. Another raced towards the sentinels and barred the way out with his towering frame, and from the taunts and calls shared between them, the Thief could only assume their prisoner was attempting an escape. He moved quickly, before the approaching trio could reach them at the sentinels, skirting behind the metal statues and past the flank of the charcoal stallion, acting as a second barrier if the mare was to get past him. Roland planted his feet and readied himself, prepared to slash at her with his horn or throw the bulk of his form against her if she were to evade the others. They could not have a captive relaying information to the Falls when it could sway the tide of battle.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Essetia - 04-01-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Ulrik - 04-01-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Phantom - 04-01-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Bolverik - 04-02-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Roland - 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Rhea - 04-02-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by d'Artagnan - 04-02-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Grimalkin - 04-02-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Essetia - 04-02-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Waprevah - 04-03-2015, 11:57 AM