the Rift

[OPEN] I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

essetia

The only sound that seemed to distract me from task was the incessant clanking of metal. I was making one hell of a run for it, at least for an equine fitted with steel cuffs, most likely hand-crafted by the ever infamous Ulrik. In the short time I’d come to know him I had: hated him, tolerated him, enjoyed him, and then abhorred the mere thought of him. Perhaps I could have been craftier in my escape plans, but for a girl with little to no experience fleeing the Aurora Basin, I’d managed to put some distance between us before he started crying wolf. Which gave me quite the idea…

Romul.

I’d known that Ulrik would follow me and though I honestly couldn’t determine how quick he would be about doing so, a glance behind had me pushing the very limits of my restraints. The ice and the snow had been a problem before, but now it was a mere afterthought that could potentially drop me faster than I could blink. I only had a few options before the Engineer closed in, as he was more familiar with the land than I. However, I faltered when I heard the ominous tones of the bitch following me across the plains. Romul was at my side, keeping stride with my jilted romp, and I kept him there for a long time, longer than was probably wise. I was biding our time and attempting a last resort… a last effort to return a message to the Falls.

Midas was dead.

Another careful glance over my shoulder told me it was time.

Romul! Go!

The wolf hesitated, fearing for my safety, which I quickly thwarted. “GO!” I urged internally. My every fiber bent with the message and finally the canine darted ahead while I veered toward the right. My intent was to fend off Ulrik’s hound and lead my pursuers elsewhere. In an attempt to draw their attention, I bucked out and a vicious war song trembled from my lips, low and threatening. However, another dark figure trudged on ahead of me while Phantom and Ulrik closed in along my sides. The Engineer was quick to throw his weight into my right shoulder while Phantom attempted to close in on my left. I stumbled mid-stride before slowing enough to regain my balance. I’d hoped that if I stopped fast enough that the momentum of my pursuers would force them to surpass me.

Every muscle in my body seemed to flex and quiver with anticipation and after gathering my haunches again, I burst forward once more, planning to steamroll the two as far as I could possible manage. I wasn’t quite sure where Kirchoff had ended up, but I prayed that I had misled him long enough for Romul to reach the sentinels and beyond. “Be safe my love,” I whispered to the wind.

Though my ascent into the trees had been altered, I was still intent on reaching them. That was, until I noticed a dark figure coming up and around from my left. The stallion whipped round to intercept me with teeth bared and another blood curdling shriek broke free of my lips. In a moment’s notice, I skidded to a stop in order to keep from pummeling him and felling us both. I had to stay adrift. That was the only way this plan would work…

Yet, only more animals emerged from the ice and snow. I was slowly surrounded, one after the other, a small army sent to capture little ‘ole me. I wasn’t sure whether to be infuriated or flattered. Surely I was not so integral to their plans-

Wait, their plans…

Their plans- fuck. FUCK NO.

Midas was dead and with our herd so critically impaired it was nearly ripe for the taking... FUCK THEM! FUCK ULRIK, FUCK PHANTOM, FUCK THEM ALL! The planning and the preparation… this was all a fucking scam!

Rage and adrenaline pumped fabricated courage through my veins and when another Basin animal appeared from the trees from behind the sentinels, I snaked my head low and snapped at the air close to his knees. I was closed in and there was no longer anywhere for me to run, but they would have to haul me off with a pair of Ulrik’s chains before I went willingly. After drawing into myself, I posed with each leg ready to strike at will should any of them come near. When I had fixed each of them with a hateful glare, I turned to Ulrik who had no doubt finally caught up with me. I wanted him to see what they had done. I wanted him to witness the monster they’d made of me. I was a cornered beast, snarling and snapping, attempting to survive.

My ears had come to connect with the back of my skull and at times I lifted a hoof in order to remind the mongrels that at least one of them would leave with a little reminder of my love for keeping me in their hellhole. “Some home you’ve got here Engineer. I guess you weren’t kidding when you said there was no sugar coating the Basin. Point taken,” I bit harshly. To another, I chuckled with a devious smile, “I guess he’s finally found something he can’t fix.” The stallion wore a leather bag about his upper half that I could only assume was filled with torture devices, sickly individuals that they were. Yet, they couldn’t leave me be; they only wanted to taunt me and prod me with insults.

So be it.

A curious winged mare had somehow found her way to my company and again I was affronted with a bit more of the glorious Basin attitude. I was tempted to kick her, I was really was, but instead I smiled softly. “Who the hell invited you? What? Did you think that four of your kind would have a hard time thwarting me? I guess that could be a problem…” I sniffed sarcastically. I had come up with a whole slew of other insults, one for each and every one of those monsters… but I was tired. I was suddenly so, so tired.

You’re monsters. You’re all monsters…” I attempted drowsily. Fear began to replace whatever adrenaline remained and I faltered. “You’re horrible-” I stuttered at Ulrik. “You’re absolutely horrible,” I finally finished to no one in particular.

What a wait to commemorate Midas’ death.

I couldn’t even find it within myself to fight anymore.

I couldn’t.

ONLY YOU CAN BE THE ACHING IN MY HEART
MY ENEMY, THE ONLY ANIMAL I COULDN'T FIGHT
YOU HOLD ME IN THE DARK WHEN STORMS ARRIVE

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Essetia - 04-01-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Ulrik - 04-01-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Phantom - 04-01-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: I'M STILL BURNING [ESCAPE] - by Bolverik - 04-02-2015, 09:50 AM