the Rift

[OPEN] The things we lost in the fire [Welcoming]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Laughter bubbled up from her throat as the girl heard the steed's voice be cut off by the sheer surprise of it all. It wasn't mocking laughter, but rather soft and lilting, more like a harmonic song to accompany them while they flew, side by side. The dark smudge of a dragon joined them, though he knew now to maintain a respectful distance from the grullo, so as not to upset the golden queen he was temporarily bonded to. She sung, a harmony that ranged from deep humming through to seraphic tones, voicing the joy she felt at simply flying, and being able to share it with a friend. Had she thought about it too long, she might have been surprised at just how fast the friendship had blossomed. Usually so guarded, so stiff and formal, she found herself more at ease with every moment that passed, so much so that she was entirely surprised to find him sulking by the time they reached the other side.

It was difficult for her to wrap her head around just how foreign and unusual Helovia was for those not raised to accept such things as magic as normal. He had been so pleasant before, but now she saw the wear and tear of travel, fatigue and an overabundance of new things to absorb and learn and come to grips with… She tried to look back on her first day in her father's realm, when she met the dragoness that was her grandmother - the silver's very eye had been the size of her head, and her breath as it washed over Amaris had singed the hairs within her nostrils. She remembered feeling insignificant, tiny, completely and utterly hopeless in the face of something so grand and strong. She remembered feeling how Cathun looked at this moment, like a new born, thrust wobbling and wet into this world, not knowing how to make one's own legs stand up to one's own weight - not knowing if they even could.

Apologetically she reached out to him, offering a gentle rub of her muzzle against his sweaty and worried brow, lipping at his over-long forelock, blowing a gentle, breezy breath upon him. "Sorry," she said softly. "I thought you might've enjoyed it." How many mistakes did the girl have to make before she would begin to make the right decisions, choices, and assumptions about things? It was all a part of growing up, she supposed, but still, it was frustrating to always be apologising, to never being able to just get things right. A small frown creased her brow as she felt disappointed and angry in herself. Suddenly, she wondered whether Cathun would rather find himself another guide, one who was less incompetent than her. A shaky sigh left her lips as she pulled back from him, as the girl tried to ignore the genuine upset she felt at letting her new brother down.

"Cathun?" she asked, her soft voice somewhat flatter than its usual chiming, lyrical tones. "I can go find someone.. else, to show you around and everything. Tandavi shouldn't be far.." her words tricked away into silence, her tiara descending from its lofty perch to a level somewhere around her knees. The black dragon sung sadly for her, descending down to land once more upon her withers, crooning softly to try and lift the girl's spirits once more. What had come over her? Never before had she allowed her insecurities to swallow her up, but somehow, the shame and sorrow she felt from eliciting just that reaction from Cathun had made them all the more raw and volatile, prone to break her down into nothing more than a sad little girl.

Swallowing her guilt, she looked away, into the lands that was her home, lands she hoped so share with him, her new brother, though right now she felt it was just as likely for Cathun to ask to leave immediately as it was for him to want to stay another moment in her presence. When had things gone so wrong?

[ ooc :: @[Cathun]
So Amaris went all angst on me. ]
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: The things we lost in the fire [Welcoming] - by Amaris - 04-04-2015, 01:51 AM