the Rift

[OPEN] I'm a lone red rover

Loricate Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Loricate

I'm a lone red rover
Loricate forgot what it's like to be a newcomer. He's kind of shocked that he's all alone, though he's surrounded by his new herd. There's a sort of loneliness to being new, he thinks, and that loneliness is killing me. What did you expect? To be popular? You need to make it to fame yourself. By deeds. Actions. I haven't done anything but show up. He glances around at the picturesque falls. There's a cold tang in the air, due to the newly arrived orangemoon, and Loricate draws his wings in closer, stifling the urge to shiver. It's not that cold, Lori. He tells himself. It's also about time he stopped talking to himself. It's not normal. Then again, Loricate realizes he's not the most normal of horses, either.

I'm finally at my destination. He realizes, and I don't really know what do do with myself. He's standing by a pool fed by one of the waterfalls, dipping one foot in the water, watching the ripples spiral beneath his black hoof in calm circles, distorting his reflection. He's far, far away from the happening invasion.

Loricate's quite lost in his own thoughts, confused and more alone then he's ever been, though he knows he has a part in this new herd.
At least I'm not running for my life. At least I'm far, far away from the problems of the bast. He smirks at the thought. No, I'm going to make the most of this adventure. Maybe meet someone new. Maybe....he shakes his head and, with sudden force, slams his hoof into the water below him, sending up a large splash of water, the drips down over his mane and forelock. He shakes his head, sending the droplets spinning down his face and back into the pool, drip by drip. Dammit! He doesn't know why he's angry. He just is.

@[Adelis]

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

Panic.. frantic panic; that's the only way one could explain what was going on inside of the disheveled woman's body and mind. Having witnessed the beginning of the battle first hand, the brutt had gone numb, shock taking it's toll on her already fragile frame. You would think that there were only so many tears to shed, but still the woman sobbed deeply, her breast heaving with each rough breath. Ghostly pale hide was discolored with large patches of sweat, the darker hues more plainly visible than the original color that stretched across her white bones.

Her entrance to the forest was anything but agile or quiet while black hooves beat the earth and the metal chain tangled tight into her antlers jangled. Thin black and aqua tail arched as she moved - her flag of surrender to the beastly invaders. But now she was far away from them, deep in the arms of the forest and the surrounding hills, the falls cooing at her like doves, trying to sooth her pained heart. The brutt pranced uncomfortably, small ears flicking back and forth while she caught her breath. Finally able to see past the blur of tears, another body is standing along the edge of one of the crystal clear ponds, the stranger's face tossing in the air as if he were just shaking off.

Per usual, her heart likely would have nearly lept up her throat at the unexpected sight of a strange man, but under the circumstances her heart was already in her throat. Instead of turning on aching heels and hiding from the stranger draped in vibrant feathered wings, the rag doll froze, a thousand words trying to escape her throat all at the same time as they banged around in her head: "Wh- hey! HELP!" the three one syllable noises rather than words squeaked from her parched throat, dark ears flipping forward to train on the stranger.

Did he not know what was happening just over the hills? Would he be able to help her.. or their herd? She continued to gasp for short breaths, waiting for a reply from the winged man.

"Speech"
Let me know if you don't want to be tagged, <3
@[Loricate]

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Loricate Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Loricate

I'm a lone red rover
Loricate whirls at the sound of the plea. "Wh-hey! HELP!" Abruptly jerked out of his thoughts, he half-rears, then falters to a stop as he is faced with a smaller, buckskin mare with antlers spiraling from her head gracefully.

Under a usual circumstance, Loricate would have immediately assumed his 'I'm a hot-ass stallion' stance and began to flirt like the cocky stallion he is, but he realizes that this mare, whoever she may be, looks exhausted, like she's been running crazily for a while. Considering the crazed panic in the woman's eyes and her plea for help, he forgets entirely about trying to make a good impression. Instead, worry begins to crawl up his throat as he realizes that the mare is crying. She looks almost fragile, and Loricate has to stifle the sudden urge to draw the creature close and hold her until she calms down.

"What is it?" He gasps, abandoning his post at the small pool and trotting up to her carefully. "Hey, it's okay." He tries, not really sure how to act in this situation. "What's happening?" You look like you've been in a battle, he wants to say. That seems like the most accurate description.

Wait. He snorts, alarmed by the sudden thought. That is highly possible. What if things are worse then he thought they were? What if he is needed on the battlefield?
@[Adelis]