the Rift

[OPEN] Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
And it's not a cry, that you hear at night -- It's not somebody, who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah
[No posting order.

This takes place AFTER the Invasion has begun. If you post here you can have IC knowledge of it, but there is no way you can arrive in time to participate. Gaucho also goes over the recent promotions, as well as all the building projects that have been going on.]

It had been an interesting period of waiting.

Ophelia had come to him only a week or so prior, indicating her intent to aid the Edge in taking the Falls. He had told her that he would remain in the Throat, and as of yet had not mentioned their conversation to anyone. Ophelia had come softly in the night, and had returned back to the North steadily and just as silently. The dun doubted anyone had seen the two talking, although if they had, it would have been a stretch to assume that an invasion was the topic of discussion. Ever after Rhoa had taken the armor made for the Edge and the Basin, Gaucho doubted any of his herd would have thought much of it. A gift for their friends, born out of the unlimited resources given to them by the sun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Still, Gaucho had waited and watched, his eyes trained to the west. He imagined the armies of the Basin and the Edge marching and merging together to attack the hilly region. A region that he himself had once attacked under fairly similar circumstances.

But when no one from the Falls had come, Gaucho had wondered if the Invasion had occurred at all. Things with he and Midas had been tense lately, but in a time when the Throat was the only thing even resembling an ally, he was certain that some message or other would be delivered to his door. Had something gone wrong with the Edge? Had the Moon Goddess recanted? Had the Basin been unable to come to their aid ? Flicking his tail, the Wildfire turned away from the coast to look inward to his herd.

I was time that they knew.

Arcs of fire rose into the air, accompanied by great dragons composed of flame. It was a sign that all in his herd knew all too well, and Gaucho doubted he would have to wait very long

[Insert people arriving]

Gaucho waited until a lull had come over those assembled before speaking. "Gaucho have good news, and Gaucho have ... other news.s" The Invasion wasn't necessarily bad news per say. But he doubted it would be received happily. "Changes made to our ranks. Some you know about already: Maren is new Diviner. Amani serve well, and now pass the torch to Maren. Astrasza and Cathun join us as warriors, and Rhoa too. Ranjiri and Rei now help crafters, and Bucephalus step down from Chancellor position to help Cera with construction. " Gaucho's gaze moved to each that he listed, smiling warmly at his family and all that they had individually accomplished. "Many projects are completed, and more will be completed. Sun God give us more resources again this month." Gaucho continued, listing off the projects that they had begun: the warrior's stadium, the church and lighthouse, the pillars, as well as other things: armor, Cera's well ...

Once congratulations and praise for what Cera and Bucephalus, as well as those who had aided them, had been given, the smile slowly fell off of Gaucho's rugged features. "Now is time for other news." He began, his voice darkening and increasing as he sought to command their attention with his words. Drawing his wings to his flanks, Gaucho exhaled somberly, his gaze reflecting the seriousness of what he was about to say.

"Everyone remembers what Moon Goddess did. Those that live in Edge no longer want to live with her - they have nothing to do with her actions and no longer want to live under her rule. They cannot take Throat or Basin, that only leave the Falls. Ophelia come to tell Gaucho that the Basin marches with the Edge. They go to the Falls..." His voice trailed off as he tried to gauge their reactions. He was sure that his warriors would likely be feeling the same unsettling anxiousness that he had when he heard the news: the desire to be a part of the Invasion. "Ophelia come about a week ago. Gaucho not hear anything since ... Not from Basin and not from Falls. This not our fight - Falls have not proven to be friends of Throat for some time. But they not come here and ask for help either." Maybe if they had asked, things might have been different. "After Invasion some might want to come here. " His thoughts fell to Midas immediately. He was almost certain the paint would return to the sands where he was raised. "But they must meet with leaders just like every one else."

Looking to his healers - Sikeax and Alija, as well as those in training - Spice, Morrigan, and Voodoo - he snorted. "Healers gather herbs. If there has been fighting, Basin, Edge and Falls might come for aid." Next his gaze fell to his warriors - Ampere, Einarrr, Meg, and Cirrus, as well as those in training - Astrasza, Cathun, and Rhoa - "Warriors keep up patrols. Falls might come here looking for safety. Or might come looking for a fight. Keep watch." He knew he didn't need to tell Ampere how to do her job, nevertheless the command would come from him.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

How long has it been, she thought while looking up at the sky. How long has it been since I saw myself laying here, napping peacefully, in the divine mirror of the Sun, she asked the life-lacking hollowness in her skull, as she felt herself getting drowsy while the boat rocked on in the rhythm of the sea kissing the shoreline. The shoreline of her desert home. She wasn't totally sure why it should matter... Perhaps she just wanted to make sure she wouldn't forget, wanted to make sure that the warm smile gracing the Sun's holy features would stick with her in the forevermore; glued as an idolized poster on the walls in the marble-floored chambers of her fragile memories.

A dragon flapped through the sky with mighty wings of fire.

A tigermare, laying white belly-up in a boat that was being bumped and pulled back on the shore by just the motion of the ocean, frowned - Squeezed her eyes to slits as she started to question her state of wakefulness. With care she pulled herself back on her hooves, angling the world back to the way it was supposed to be admired in. In her sight fell the island; red and with lazy heatwaves lining the horizon. But her gaze had found the fountain of fire - and she knew who it must have come from. With a swift hop she jumped out of her boat and began to run over the beach, past the diviner's fire, crossing the Church's construction-site - to find her way to the Descended. As she drew closer to the stallion she slowed down her pace, leaving a trail of clouds of shimmering dust. She nodded to those already arrived before her and then walked up to her Sultan to bow her alabaster head for him - for he was Chosen by the God, after all - before the tigermare settled for a spot in the sand and listened to what was new.

Gaucho's gaze, warm as the sun, lingered on her as he announced that Maren had been made Diviner. Not knowing what to think while looking back into those eyes, she moved her gaze to the rest of those gathered, attempting a dazzlingly sweet-ish smile, hoping they would all come to seek her guidance soon - to then get them to help Amani and her build the Sun's church. So at least she tried to smile warmly, attempting to look as caring as she wished she was. But with muscles still feeling the ache from the past stressful months, where she remembered living in the roughs of an endless seeming despair, she wasn't sure if she pulled it off. But it would be fine - it was already fine, now that she was here. And a candid warmth spread its wings inside her.

When the announcements were over, the Descended began reading the page titled "other news", which, as he went on, made her lips into a fine line and her jaw tense. For it had happened at last; along with Tallsun, their valued peace had gone and past with the height of the Sun... Nevertheless this was all so intriguing. For how could one whole herd decide that they all did not want their God anymore? Yes, the goddes had indeed triggered a series of murders - But she was still divine, something Higher and not meant to be understood.

For how can we, mere mortals, have the arrogance to pretend to know?
It made the wheels in her brain rattle and roll, for she did not agree with the World's Edge, but then again: It was nor her place, time... or God, to file judgement, either.

Image Credit
Please tag me 

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The great pillar of fire was one constant in her home that Amaris found fascinating in its endless depths of warmth and light, constant in its ever changing, moving, seemingly fluid motion. The power that emanated from it was surely something to be revered, worshipped, respected - even feared in appropriate amounts. Though the girl knew the need for balance in the world (the teachings of her mother weren't for nothing, after all), a dragon's affinity for fire was something she simply could not ignore. For wasn't she more dragon than even her mother, who held the ability to shift into a golden dragoness? Wasn't she, a hybrid, a dragonell halfling more prone to be fascinated by the arts and allures of fire than her shadowy, devious, queenly mother?

Something else caught her attention, and her golden gaze, turned a fiery hue from the reflection of the mighty pillar, turned to the sky, where mighty arcs of light and dragons of fire danced. Movement around her further alluded to the meaning behind the signal - a herd meeting, a gathering, an exchange of information. A chance to learn, to familiarise oneself with one's herd - Amaris tried to look forward to such an event, but mostly, she felt that same old anxiety and shallow fear rise up within her, that indignant sensation of knowing she would be stared at, judged for the scales upon her champagne hide rather than the heart that beat within her breast. A sigh left her lips, even as her slender limbs pushed her to the skies, leathery wings snapping out from her sides to catch her weight and ride the thermal until it delivered her closer to the group.

It was a small comfort, at least, to recognise some faces, even names to go alongside them. The dragonmare offered smiles to those she knew, and those she did not, but instead of lowering her tiara and cowering like she used to, her nape was arched, her crown held proudly before her chest. The girl had grown, seemingly overnight, transforming from a gangly filly-girl into more of a shapely mare, with curves and glistening scales covering her hide. The golden queen within her was having a greater influence every day - the girl, despite everything she felt, walked with a confident step and swinging gait, pausing once she was near enough to hear the announcements with ears pricked and eyes fixed upon the Wildfire.

What she heard, at first, was regular information - change of ranks, shifting of duties. Amaris offered her own low purring croons of congratulations to those who deserved it, but she settled quickly to hear this other news Gaucho had for the herd.

What she heard stole the smile from her lips, and the fire behind her eyes sharpened as she listened to the betrayal the herd of the Edge was waging against their own Goddess. The dragonmare had just been admiring the Sun Lord's power, but she had been born in the World's Edge, raised in its shadows, she knew and understood its power almost as much as she did that of the Sun Lord - she was disappointed in the herd's actions. Though she in no way approved of the Moon Goddess' actions, she could not imagine abandoning the patron deity of one's home for any reason. The girl's mind recalled stories her mother told her, of an endless drought, where the land was scorched and burned to a crisp by the very God who had blessed their leader to the status of Ascended - surely the Moon Goddess' actions were a way to balance out that insult of years ago. Time healed all wounds and fogged the memories of those who would forget, but Amaris wished she could tell them to stop in this madness, this act that would surely tip the balance of their precarious equilibrium…

But there was nothing she could do, but listen, in a sad silence, as the world slowly but surely unravelled all around her.
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
Breaths came hard and fast through the cloud's lungs, as she navigated the skies above her home. The belle did not have the abilities of her father, to enhance her vision or smell so that she might track the happenings from her lofty viewpoint, but still, the girl had spent so much time observing her home from above, she could gauge a fair idea of those who belonged and those who didn't. The reason for her heightened respiratory rate? She was merely exercising, keeping her body busy so that her mind could not focus upon the images of electric blue eyes (whose face she didn't want to define, for if she left it at the study of eyes then it could be numerous creatures that filled her past, and that was okay, because if she focussed on the face and found it was his she simply didn't know what she would do), dancing with the pale, puffy arches of the clouds that ranged the borders of her home.

The signal was not lost on her though, even with her attempted distraction. Levelling her flight out, the young warrioress was fit enough that the easy flight to the gathering gave her enough time to catch her breath again, though the sweat that darkened her ever-moving coat laid the evidence of her exercise on display for all to see. It didn't matter to the skymare - what kind of defender of their home would she be is she never broke a sweat?

She listened to most of the words said with mild disinterest, murmuring her congratulations along with the others when they were due, but otherwise she was indifferent to the changes - they didn't affect her directly, and while she was pleased to know her herd was growing, she was probably just a bit too tired to put the effort into really caring at the moment. Though she did smirk darkly at the news of Bucephalus stepping down from Chancellor - he was a twit, in her opinion. Better he put himself to use crafting metal than words.

It was when Gaucho spoke of the duties of the defenders that her ears perked up, her posture stiffened, her electric gaze fixed upon his. War; the very idea of it woke her nerves up, excited her. She didn't yearn for bloodshed, but neither did she turn it away when the opportunity arose. Descended from a great line of warlords and battle gurus, Cirrus could not help the way she suddenly felt lighter, almost jittery, wanting to immediately return to her border patrols so that she might not miss any of the action that would surely arrive there in the near future. But she remained, to see out the remainder of the meeting, eyes darting from her General to her Sultan with barely contained energy and willingness to pluck the spear out from its hidden spot amongst her feathers and drench it in an enemy's blood.
""
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ivezho Posts: 71
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
    <style>
    .peeta
    {width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
    .peeta:hover
    {opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
    .catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
    .catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
    </style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

Legs. They seemed to go on forever. For all my (two) years in this world, I felt as if I would never gain complete control over them. Gangly and awkward, it was like they were out to constantly get in my way rather than transport my (still) narrow and ribby body. I was in-between growth spurt, my body was putting all its energy into getting taller whilst seemingly forgetting to fill in all the gaps on its way. A sigh passed my charred lips, my snipped maw wrinkling in distaste at my own reflection in the shimmering waters of our Oasis.

When would I ever grow into something that could stand by my father and be proud?

Speak the devil's name and he shall appear, the wry thought passed through my mind as within the lake I did see the reflection of dancing, fiery dragons go shooting off into the sky. I knew the signal, and the magic, well enough to know that I must obey it. I had come of age, and it was time for me to choose my path. I knew what I wanted to be; it was a matter of taking that first step towards achieving it. A lajak was to be my path, where I would learn lajilat, so that I could rise to one day become my own father's Khasar, his General, his greatest warrior. Today, I would tell him so - or at least, I would try.

I arrived much like the others did, trotting over the sands, feeling the burn of exercise travel up my too-long legs as my wings casually scooped air, stirring up the dusty, sandy basin as I went. My dark-tipped ears rose to sharp attention as my father, the WildFire, the AscendedOne, stood before his herd, this great family he had created through the very determination his mighty heart held, and said all the things that needed to be said. His eloquence had improved so much even in the years I had existed, (an influence of my mother, I am sure,) it was hard to hear the thick, rough accent of his homeland on his tongue anymore. I clutched to the old, ancient language, holding it dear to my heart - it was in my name, after all, mine and Rhoa's, and while when I spoke it it would be with a Helovian tongue, I would hold the meaning of the words forever with my soul.

As he spoke of the potential impending threats, I felt myself shift guiltily, the sand moving beneath my broad hooves, my tail thwacking against my hide uselessly. What good could I provide to them, the defenders of our home, half-grown and intolerably shy that I was? With my softly glowing viridian gaze, I waited until after the meeting had dissipated, before trying to catch my father's gaze - I was a patient lad, I would wait for his beloved herd to use and abuse him until they were tired of his company, and then I would speak to him of my plan, my hopes, my dreams, my fasqoyi
    - and I would pray for his blessing.

Lajak: fighter, warrior
    Lajilat: to spar, to train, to play, to compete
    Khasar: bloodriders, generals
    Fasqoyi: destiny

Ísfold Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    :: :: ::
    And you're locked inside my heart
    And your melody's an art
    And I won't let the terror in I'm stealing time
    Through the eye of the needle

I had been a part of this herd for some time now, perhaps a quarter of a year? Not more than that at least. To begin with I had kept things to myself a lot, I tried to stray away from conversations. Soon though, I feel like soon I will actually go ahead and speak to someone. It will take me a while though, and many failed attempts. It is just so hard to go up to someone and speak to them … it usually gives me a crippling anxiety just considering it. One day.

When I saw the arcs of fire rise into the air I figured it was something of importance. It didn't look threatening to me, so I decided to head over and take a look at what was going on. I noticed moving forms around me as well,so it must not be harmful. With my anxiety slowly crawling up my throat I made my way over. Small steps at a time, that is what is important. I wouldn't have to say anything, or I hoped I wouldn't. I would prefer to start out as a semi-ghost, invisible as long as she did not speak.

When I came to a halt I noticed a few had already made their way over. I managed to push a soft smile forward, trying to hide my anxiety, but my racing heart might bust me. For a few years … or when I actually think about it, majority of my life I haven´t been a part of a herd. Roaming was something I mostly did, whether it was with my sister Erla or … Hrafn … I can feel my heart clenching at the thought of his name. I often tried not to think about events before my arrival here in Helovia, but I read I would forget them if I let myself go completely. Therefore I remained tied to the ground.

It didn't really take me long to realise that this was indeed a herd meeting. It had passed my mind earlier but when the winged stallion began to speak I was certain. Determined to learn more about the world I live in I listened carefully. Unfamiliar names were spoken, though I did not let it throw me off. What mainly sparked my curiosity was the ongoing invasion. I admit I had been quite isolated but how could an invasion slip past me? Though how should I know anyway, the delivering of these news seemed to be a great part of this herd meeting, so most likely, not many knew about it.

Cathun Posts: 88
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
    Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Tai
    C
    A
    T
    H
    U
    N

Sun. Sand. Wind. Ocean. A burning heat made bearable by salty breezes that kissed his sweat-damp skin with cool lips, a far distant horizon that brought a whole new meaning to the word endless. Yet his focus was not on the sun or the sea or the sand that shifted with ever step (though it did require some amount of attention, it was bloody hard running through it) but on a heavenly figure soaring through the sky, barely visible against the vivid blue.

He had never seen a horse with a coat like the sky before. It seemed awfully convenient, being able to blend in with the surroundings like that. Cathun was jealous, but only moderately. He was more interested in whether he could keep up or not, more concerned about the advantage of wings versus legs. Did the pegasus know that he was competing with her? Maybe, maybe not. If she knew she showed no signs of acknowledging his presence, something that was almost as infuriating as his own lack of strength. It was growing increasingly apparent as days passed and his tasks became more familiar to him, painfully obvious as the older, more experienced soldiers performed their duties without breaking a sweat while he was left a trembling, exhausted heap on the ground after a mere patrol.

Cathun was going to change that. His pride would not allow anything but perfection, and if reaching that level of strength and experience - like the Sultan had - would require him to spend all his waking hours running, sparing and patrolling a border that was nigh impossible to cross in the first place, then so be it.

The heat didn't bother him. The loose ground was a major slight nuisance, but what annoyed him the most was the creature of flame that blazed by over his head, calling him to end the race and seek out his leaders. Burning eyes glowed with disappointment as the sky-horse changed direction and headed towards the meeting place, and with a heavy sigh Cathun followed suit - still secretly trying to catch up to and overtake the winged mare.

He was sweaty and still out of breath when he joined the gathering herd, annoyed by the interruption and itching to get back out there. Shuffling his way through the crowd he stopped only when he found Amaris, her proud golden frame a comfort amidst the murmuring throng. He greeted her with a half smile while settling in, curiously eying the rest of the horses as they arrived. The Wildfire looked as imposing as always where he stood, but more interesting to the colt were the faces he had yet to put name to.

A striped mare with colors of sea-foam and desert sand was introduced as Maren, stunningly beautiful but with a slightly tepid smile that took the edge off his initial soaring interest. Diviner? That was, uhm, right, like a miko right? Priestess. Good riddance, Cathun had no interest in religion whatsoever. In fact, he'd be much happier if she kept her preaching to herself and let him stay as far away from gods as possible.

His own name was called, along with someone else's. After nodding and grinning cheerfully to anyone offering congratulations he stretched his neck to try and spot the other new addition, as grateful for the company as he was eager to find out who was stronger - he or the other guy.

But before Cathun had a chance to find the new warrior (or approach the cloud-patterned mare he'd spotted up ahead) the smile faded from the Sultan's lips and the topic changed. His attention was captured immediately, and with rising excitement he listened to the news of war. Aah, glorious combat! The clash of hardened warriors, an eye for an eye in a competition between professionals over honor, victory, glory! His blood surged at the mere thought, frustration at being left out of such a thrilling thing fueling the heat until his eyes blazed and the embers raining from mane and tail glowed red-hot.

Ah, but... he was missing part of the story it seemed. With thrashing tail and legs quivering in pent up eagerness Cathun sidled up to the horse next to him, a youth that looked about his own age - actually, they were very similar overall, both being grullo and carrying the promise of magnificence in their growing bodies - and leaned in to whisper a quick question.

"Say, what did that Moony thing do? Do you know?"

He listened with half an ear to the instructions handed out by the Sultan, more interested in what the native youth had to say - he'd be able to catch up on the orders later.

@[Ivezho]

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
    » Please tag me!

Hertz Posts: 42
    Absent Abyss
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
    Semper
    H
    E
    R
    T
    Z

Luckily as the dragons of flame rose into the clear blue sky I had been wandering around the island, trying to figure out if the explosion of the bridge had caused any changes in the hot sands that met the ocean. So far, nothing worthy of noting had been noticed by my very observant mind, so I headed in the direction of where the Wildfire called us too. Maybe I would be taught to fly here soon and the rate of travelling would be faster and more lands could be explored. More creatures could be met. Navy striped limbs surged forwards, carrying my childish frame easily across the red sands to where my family was beginning to gather to hear whatever words the god-like dun would share with us today.
    Shivers of excitement passed over my blue coat as I slowed to a trot when the frames of the others came into view, crystal clear pools searching for the familiar black and gold, or bright purple bodies of my parents. It seemed I had made it to the meeting before them, or my smaller brother, so instead I settled on sliding up along the side of the cloud mare that I had met at the entry way to the island. At that point though, it had a land bridge connecting the main land to the Throat. The left corner of my navy stained kissers turned up in a half-smile as I stood alongside Cirrus, quite a bit taller than I had been when we first met. Thank yooou growing up. Of course she was no less gorgeous than I thought she was the first time we met, but that topic wasn't going to be deviled into just yet as the Wildfire began to speak once he was content enough of us had shown up.
    "Changes made to our ranks. Some you know about already: Maren is new Diviner. Amani serve well, and now pass the torch to Maren. Astrasza and Cathun join us as warriors, and Rhoa too. Ranjiri and Rei now help crafters, and Bucephalus step down from Chancellor position to help Cera with construction. Many projects are completed, and more will be completed. Sun God give us more resources again this month." I blinked as names were spat into the dry air, unsure as to who everyone was some of the names were coming up blank until Bucephalus was spoken and my dark jaw dropped. Da had stepped down from his position? That was something I would have never expected to see until grey hairs started taking over the inky black he was painted in. Banded feathers shuffled as I looked around the cloud mare to try and find Da so I could ask him later what his reasoning for no longer holding power in the herd was.
    "Everyone remembers what Moon Goddess did. Those that live in Edge no longer want to live with her - they have nothing to do with her actions and no longer want to live under her rule. They cannot take Throat or Basin, that only leave the Falls. Ophelia come to tell Gaucho that the Basin marches with the Edge. They go to the Falls... Ophelia come about a week ago. Gaucho not hear anything since ... Not from Basin and not from Falls. This not our fight - Falls have not proven to be friends of Throat for some time. But they not come here and ask for help either. After Invasion some might want to come here. But they must meet with leaders just like every one else."
    The good majority of what the Wildfire spoke of was too complex for my childish mind to understand. From what I could hold onto though, it seemed as if a few other herds were fighting one another over something some god had done. Once Gaucho finished speaking entirely the crowd seemed to buzz with excitement over the idea of a fight, maybe once I was older the idea of bloodshed and scars would be much more interesting. But for now, I was content with exploring and finding new girls friends to talk too.

"Speech here."
    Words;; 690
    Notes;; Much happier little brat at this meeting
    Image Credit
    Please tag me in all posts!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
    World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
    Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
    Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
    a light from the shadows shall spring

He wasn’t sure, exactly, what the fire and dragons meant but everyone else seemed to be moving in that direction so perhaps it was a summoning? His first herd meeting as a member of the Throat. Still, he had not figured out where he would best fit, where he could be useful. Perhaps he would find inspiration soon, he hoped to be able to spend more time with Bucephalus learning how to craft - especially with all the projects that they had planned! Already when he moved around the Throat new finished and partly-finished metal craftings were spotted. Some of them he couldn’t quite figure out what they were, not yet, but he was curious to see what the creative minds were dreaming up.

When he arrived, Mesec lingered uncertainly before moving to stand near Maren - smiling at her before turning his attention to Gaucho. The horned pegasus was much less intimidating when he wasn’t glistening with sweat after a flight - and it certainly helped that he spoke to his herd with respect and praised their efforts with undeniable kindness.

He spoke of the crafting projects, answering Mesec’s thoughts about what they were. So much was being undertaken! He would have to find Pebbles and offer his services, such as they were, for those that were coming up.

The topic soon shifted to news outside the herd. The demigod was not at all surprised to hear that the members of the Edge were uncomfortable with living at the Moon Goddess as their patron. Was it a unanimous decision or were there those that would linger and remain faithful to the deceptive goddess? He did his best to not shift in his stance (conscious as he was of the rumours Maren had brought up) or let his thoughts linger too long on his mother and the ever-present conflict in his heart she caused. Helovia seemed to be moving on from her treachery, the Edge taking what steps they thought were necessary, and he needed to follow their guidance.

Here in the Throat, after all, he was getting a chance at a home and a place to discover who he was aside from simply the moon’s son.

Along with most of the others, Mesec can’t think of any questions to pose - it’s clear that Throat will get involved when and if others show up on their border seeking asylum or assistance.

image by Blu <3
    please tag Mesec in replies
    non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
    Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Sikeax

Turn everything off
    And just cover your neck
    Cause life is full of your regrets

The shift between diurnal and nocturnal always left her restless and irritable, quick to grumble at useless things that brought some sort of pause in her daily routine. Her mind turned the idea over constantly, searching for different and new sides of the deal when they had all already been discovered. It was simply getting colder, and Sikeax had chosen that it was better to be moving about in the warmer hours of soft, low, and gentle daylight instead of the dark and dry endless tick of night, haunted by desert owls and the occasional coyote howl.
    Predators would be more desperate in the colder times. There weren't risks to take.
    Flames erupted through the overcast skies, drawing out a sigh from her velveteen lips. Aches attack her body with a groan. Her hooves catch her weight, body twisting and quivering as dust sprays itself about her radius. The overall appearance of the champagne is tired, half-awake and seemingly caring less as of the call directed towards her and the rest of the herd.
    She'd rather be grazing, but a chance for socialization couldn't hurt.
    A slow canter slips into a lazy trot at the sight of the gathering. They all spread out before her like a sea of bodies and colours, an endless palette of colours that refused to match with any of the others. She doesn't throw herself into their mass, finding a spot cut away from the rest where the pushing and shoving and noisy conversation was least likely to affect her. Gaucho held her attention like a cat watches it's prey, waiting with anticipation, though her own was dull rather than heightened.
    The first line is enough to excite and worry her at the same time. Her body is young but the heart is aged and heavy. In a herd, many things could go wrong, and while her King speaks of things that she is indifferent over, the 'other' news pries into the cage that she's put her heart into.
    She worries too much for a young mare who should be using her life in high spirits, enjoying the fruits of virtue and youth instead of killing herself with the aid of her mental state with the weight of every thought that matches that of a thousand stars.
    She'll be the death of herself someday.
    The Falls had been invaded by the Basin and the Edge.
    It wasn't the first time and it would never be the last time. The path of life in Helovia was beaten with the clubs of war and Sikeax had been fast to scramble and cower in fear and later on hatred of the act shortly after she had gotten her first bitter taste. She could never charge into battle. The spar with Hector had been enough to prove to her that she would never be made mentally into a soldier regardless of what her physical condition might be.
    The ever changing taste of herbs in her jaws was enough for her to know that there was something different in the world. It brought her closer to death daily than the battles did.
    A soldier may never see war if there is peace, but a healer see's death of every size and shape throughout every chapter of their life until their own comes in some ironic way. Most likely from eating the wrong herbs and poisoning oneself through complete accident.
    Gaucho's instructions towards her and her family, the small, loose entanglement that she tried to build with her healers in order to be a bit more than coworkers(though the whole need to befriend them was usually deemed useless and forgotten over some periods of time), are only answered in the form of a nod, blue horn dipping a few inches downward in silent agreement.
    Work would soothe her for however long it could manage to keep her thoughts in control. In the mean time, she could pull herself together and seek out a soul to pull outwards with her, maybe even Amara, and could seek advice in their bond in an attempt to cure her own issues.

OOC: And slowly Sikeax begins to fit that stereotype that healers are bitter over something that happened in the past.
    coding
    images

you were angels,
    so much more than everything

:: please tag me
    :: minor force and power play allowed

Spice Posts: 118
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
    Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I don't know what I would do without my gal Wayne, perhaps I would burst, or something. It just didn't feel right when she wasn't around. (Which wasn't too often, fortunately!) Today, I was pondering life and death and all sorts of things I'd ponder randomly, when I noticed that she wasn't there upon my head! In normal cases, I would just call out, but this time I'd panicked because she was my friend, and even though we haven't know each other long, I'd felt responsible for her.

And in all my thinking, I'd lost her.

Now, she came back eventually with a gift for me that she'd been searching for for a while, and I was thankful, but also hurt she didn't tell me. But then I realized that was what a surprise was all about, and I just ruined it by getting mad at her for not telling me-

was I getting old?!

I sighed, giving in to it pretty quickly, my heart slowing in my chest. I felt bad now, like I was going to have to be some sort of responsible...smart...ugh.

I directed my mind to the hunger that my growling stomach brought to my attention, remembering how a few days ago, I'd saw my reflection for the first time in weeks, and I was really skinny, and sad-looking...and my hair had defiantly grown! So now, I eat some grass and leaves and stuff.
    A quiet breeze rolled over the lands, pushing grass and leaves and trees and water, leaving craziness in it's wake, only to be sorted out quickly afterwards.

Turning to see that, quite a few equines have gathered to listen to Gaucho speak. As I neared their gathering area, my heart thudded in my chest, different than before. I watched my leader with steady eyes, a dark look on my face. "It's okay..." I tell Wayne, and I almost believe it. A few flaps of defiance before I reach the group fully, my head raised and my eyes fixed on Gaucho at the head of the group. There were others there that I recognized, but I didn't say hi or anything, I just nodded if we made eye contact, nothing more.

I'd noticed a few others, new others. One that looked like Rhoa, which I was sure had to be his brother Ivezho. He was covered in the pattern under Rhoa's wings. And I was tempted over by that. I hadn't seen Rhoa in a long wile, and I missed him, quite frankly. "Hello! I'm Spice." I introduce myself with a smile and the flick of my tail in a friendly manner, though I don't know yet what he thinks of me, I bet if he is anything like Rhoa, he will be a gentleman about everything.

"ImmafriendofRhoa's." It tumbled out of my mouth before I could push it away, and I looked at my hooves, rosy embarrassment rolling onto my features. "I mean, you remind me of him..." I stammer, but he may not be paying any attention to be right now anyway, so I quiet, waiting for Gaucho to speak more.

To be honest, I wasn't really listening. But when he spoke of the healers and their apprentices, I perked up, ears swiveling forward, I watch him intently. Oh god, I couldn't do this so soon...lowering my gaze, I stumble backwards. I didn't even know how to do anything- gathering myself, I stand up straight once again, head high like nothing had happened. Though, my mind raced with thoughts, wondering how I could ever help someone wounded if they just showed up here. I needed help. I had to ask someone before I was unprepared. It would be horrible.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC;; Though if you don't want to reply Whit, I just needed something to do, and Zho was perfect. (She hasn't yet me him) If you don't want to reply again yet, you can ignore it! c:
    TAG;; @[Ivezho]
    Image Credits
    - table by Niki -
    Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Einarr Posts: 113
    Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    Time
    Einarr
    Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

Einarr moved in at the call of his Khal. His patrol was cut short, but he knew the sound of importance that made a stallion's call change drastically. A meeting was being held, and the stallion shifted his wings to swoop toward the trumpet of Gaucho. Landing some paces away, Einarr's long legs brought him into the crowd in a sweeping trot. Reddened eyes looked up to Gaucho as he took his place. Black wings folded against his ribs and Einarr glanced around. Megaera and Mordecai were not in his sights yet, and it made him shift uneasily on his cloven hooves. He had never expected anything to hold his heart in such a siege, but Mordecai had taken his soul prisoner in love the first time she looked upon him with her glistening black eyes. While the stallion would not be able to admit it to anyone, and it was hard to detect by those uninvolved in the intimate moments of his family, Mordecai had made Einarr melt. Whatever that filly's desire, Einarr was to fulfill it.

Glancing back up at Gaucho, the Sultan began to speak. Rank changes filled the air around him and Einarr fed off of the vibrating emotions around him. His weight shifted, however, and his muscles twitched with agitation as Gaucho mentioned a battle. They had not been invited to the battle, and a warm, tingling fire spread within his breast. How dare their allies go to war without them. The Dragon's Throat had the best warriors, the most capable Khal and bloodriders. Why had none asked for their assistance? the inky warrior snorted, right forehoof scraping against the hardened desert ground. He had no words to offer, no news to give the herd, and instead waited for Gaucho to dismiss them.

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
    pixel by sourful

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
    Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
    Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

her fight and fury is fiery
    oh but she loves
    like sleep to the freezing

Stillness. It was still odd to Megaera that she could find such comfort in a quiet moment. In the shade of the oasis, the mare lay with the black filly pressed close to her side. Mordecai slept soundly and Meg did not tire of watching her for an instant. She really is perfect she thought, as true as any mother would think of her daughter. In the past weeks, the mare’s fears that she would be unable to love or care for the girl that did not share her blood had all been laid aside. She had loved her herd, had thought of them as her family, but this love was something deeper, something she had never experienced or known she had been lacking. Megaera let herself be soothed by the inky girls quiet breaths, and reached out to sooth in turn. The fire-scarred lips skimmed over the soft fur on the girl’s withers. Love tapped into wells of gentleness that had been hidden away, unused, and pulled them out of the warrior and it did not harm her pride to have it seen by the girls’s father or any other.

The flash of fire in the sky had Meg raising her eyes. Gaucho…The Sultan’s call was unmistakeable and the mare knew she must answer. Slowly, so as not to wake her sleeping daughter, Megaera rose to her feat and called out in her mind. “Gwaihir, I must go. Will you keep an eye on her?” Above the oasis, the young eagle circled. “Meg go. I watch.” came is response. He dipped down to his bonded to brush the tips of his dark wing against her own and then perched himself in the tree above the child. Meg smiled up at him briefly and then took his place in the skies.

The herd was gathering where the great dun had called them. Instead of approaching her sultan first, as she had done before, the warrior circled the growing group and landed on the opposite side to approach on foot. She came to stop beside the tall black stallion. “She sleeps.” she whispered quietly to Einarr, anticipating an inquiry. “Gwaihir will call if she wakes.”

Gaucho certainly did have news. Megaera listened with the others as her rattled off new appointments, but her attention doubled when he revealed the possibility of fighting amongst the three northers herds. Meg didn’t have a problem with the three fighting amongst themselves, but the little warrior did not like the idea of it spilling into her home. Gaucho instructed the warriors to keep up their watch and Meg nodded in acknowledgment, but when he did not elaborate further, her ears fell slightly. The bay stepped forward to address her sultan, her khal. “Basin, Edge, Falls. All three might come for aid, but where do we give it? Neither side would thank us for helping the other. Are we truly to remain neutral in this action?” She spoke strongly, but sought clarification more than confrontation. What Gaucho commanded, she would do.

@[Einarr] @[Gaucho]
    FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
    be brave and endure
    :: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Aakesh Posts: 16
    Up For Adoption
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
    Adoptable

Purple, ebony, and gold all moved easily together across the sand. Aakesh smiled warmly up at his heavily feathered mother, wondering if he would ever sport hair such as hers. He already knew he would not hold the shinny golden colors either of his parents held, but he had the black and purple, that was good enough. If anyone had met his mother, and her brilliant colors, they would know for sure that he was her's. A bright excited smile light his young face as he moved over the sands with her. Alija smiled as well as they cantered smoothly over their land. Gaucho's message had been clear, calling them all forth.

Once they arrived Alija moved to stand beside Maren and stood silently to listen. She was surprised to learn that Bucephalus had stepped down. A smile drifted over her face as she thought of his passion for crafting, maybe it was best he did what he loved. Steely eyes roved over the ground looking for the black and gold pelt. Once again she received a mild shock that he was absent. Surely he would show, he did have things to do anyway. She smiled and offered her own congratulations for everyone smiling softly at Maren she whispered, "Congratulations Maren!" She offered her muzzle to the bubbly tiger striped mare before turning back to her leader. Was there no end to the surprises?! She shivered at the thought of war. 'Thank you Lord of Sun that we are not in this terrible act.' No she was not happy about the fighting, but she would gladly offer herself to helping others. Sighing she turned to find her son.

Aakesh had watched Alija wonder off before searching for his father and brother. Hertz was standing next to a mare he did not know. 'Why bother him when he is clearly wrapped around her hoof.',/b> Snorting softly he searched for Bucephalus; who seemed to be late. Sighing he walked through the crowd, careful to keep his wings to himself. He stopped next to an awesome looking stallion. he was black and silver, with a horn AND wings! 'How awesome!' Before anyone had a chance to start the meeting he smiled up at the male. "Hi I'm Aakesh! I hope it's ok if I stand here." He paused for a second before starting up again, "I could go stand with my mom instead if you'd like. She's the purple mare over there, and my dad Bucephalus, isn't here yet." He smiled confidently up at him before turning to listen to Gaucho. He heard promotions and gasped slightly as he heard his father had stepped down. His voice was a hurt whisper, "Why didn't he tell me?" The rest of the bay's words went in one ear and out the other. Well besides the thing about fighting. The words of fighting and war pulled the colt's ears forward curiously. He didn't understand much, just that someone was being hurt, warriors were to be on guard, and Mother was to work extra hard to help others.

------------------------------------------------
    talk Thoughts Alija
    Words; 511
    Notes;Alija and Aakesh are here!
    Tags; Taging @[Maren] and @[Mesec] because my babies spoke to yours <3 You don't have to respond if you don't want ^.^

Danger? Hah!
    I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry
    Please tag Aakesh

[Image: comm_aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24aj.png]

[Image: aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24ke.png] Both pixels by Aud!
    Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
    Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
    Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
    And it's not a cry, that you hear at night -- It's not somebody, who's seen the light
    It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Gaucho nodded to all as they arrived, smiling when appropriate. Sohalia was absent, though he knew that her pregnancy had taken quite a toll on her. Still, he was pleased to see Ivezho had appeared among the ranks. The boy had flourished since he and his mother had returned, and the Wildfire was pleased.

Meg was the only one to truly voice an opinion - a question - about his statements. Turning to one his most prized and loyal warriors, the dun considered her words carefully. "Basin and Edge not attack Falls out of anger. Falls reject Basin friendship twice, so Basin have no reason not to move against them. Edge just want a new home -" Gaucho's broad blue-striped shoulders shrugged slightly. "Throat neutral, because this not our fight. Basin and Edge not ask for our help. " His mind rolled to Kahlua, Kaj, and Archibald. What would the three decide to do with the members of the Falls? He couldn't picture Kahlua kicking them out - and Kaj seemed honourable enough to allow them to stay. Archibald was a wildcare, as the dun didn't know of any relationships that the draft held within the heavily tree'd land of waterfalls. If they had angered him in the past, Gaucho could see the Dauntless removing them from their homes. Still, he would have the two paints that he ruled with to answer to. "If they come, we help. If they want to rest here, warriors will watch them. If Midas comes ... Get Gaucho right away."

He had no idea what Midas' intentions were, they seemed so unclear when he and Africa last visited. Would the paint return to the sands, now that he had been forcefully freed of his obligations to the Falls? Time would tell, but Gaucho wanted to be the first to know.

Looking at those around him, Gaucho's heart swelled with pride. They truly were a family, rhojosor, and Gaucho valued each and every one who stood before him.

"Gaucho have one more announcement ... Tandavi have to go. Vision in seers fire give Tandavi a mission. She come back when mission is complete .." The details were sparse, but he was sure those closest to the FireDancer would know what had really happened. For those who did not, his words would surely be more than enough. "But Chancellor and Sultana positions not empty .. "

Turning, Gaucho regarded Ampere** and Meg. Ampere was likely a better fit for lead - she had ruled before, but even time had not seemed to mend the rift that was between the blue and the brown. Many times Gaucho had wanted to speak with her, but life had intervened at every step. The only conversations that Gladiator and Sultan had were now about the warriors that she oversaw, and how their patrols were progressing. Part of him worried that Ampere would leave the herd, and while placing her by his side might help to force her to remain, it might also push her away even faster. As much as Gaucho wanted her, he couldn't risk losing her again, for should she leave the herd entirely, it would likely be forever. Then again, Meg had never spoken against him, had followed his orders seamlessly, yet was able to speak her mind. She was a little rough around the edges, but then again so was he.

"Ampere is new chancellor. She still Gladiator, but she deserve higher position within herd. Ampere protect our family always." His gaze passed over her only briefly now, as it moved to Meg. It was too hard to look at her for long periods of time, even now. "And Gaucho pick Megeara for new Sultana. Meg strong and loyal. She will lead our family well."

** @[Ampere] Just assuming she's here, given that Blu is on absent

Image Credits
    Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
    AMPERE
    the Mother of Companions

Sand danced around her heels as she arrived in a rush among the already assembled throng. She'd made it just in time to listen, but later than usual for her. It was time to start training those new warriors how to patrol, she and hers were running thin on the heels of Hector's absence.

Upon completing her rounds she'd gone to collect her little lightning. Together they walked through the desert heat and the golden waves, both recognizing the dragons of flame that called them to the ascended fire which blazed in their home. As they moved her lips thinned into a line, while tension crept into her muscles. Do your duties she reminded herself as the moved, the words and the walk an attempt at quieting her heart.

Settling near the back of the crowd, Ampere turned her ears to the news their sultan bore, though the rest of her senses drifted anywhere else. Her muzzle played upon her son's back, while eyes roved among the gathered bodies, interest sparking at the mention of Maren, the new Oracle. Ampere would need to speak with her, and soon...

All of it fell away as Gaucho moved on to outer relations, and the blood they bore. Stiff as a lightning rod, Ampere's neck shot up, the blue blast of her gaze fixating upon the king of the sun. War came the unsteady harmony of all her emotions, all her thoughts. Ampere had little desire to march into a war which didn't involve them, and relaxed visibly when Gaucho murmured that they were neutral in the affair. Ampere would lay her life down for this herd, but not another, and for what, a goddess they cast aside? As if it was so easy to escape a god by changing mortal lands. She snorted obstinately, shaking her head and casting her eyes once again to their Oracle.

When would the Moon return?

About to plunge back into her internal reverie, only her name snapped her back. Eyes cut across to the bay, the memory of her name falling from those lips in different times shivering through her. Chancellor? she whispered to herself, disbelieving. In response her feathers lifted slightly on her wings and her rump, a display of the energy spiraling through her. She had the mind enough to embrace a wide smile on her lips, head nodding, bowing even in respectful acceptance - but what did it mean? More time with Gaucho came the fearful, excited realization.

"To Megaera, the Sun's Spear in the Sands!" Ampere called out joyously, beaming with pride for her warrior. Her titles were as variously well earned as all the ones Gaucho carried in her mind, though she wondered curiously which second name would stick with the fighter.

[Swift and sweet I hope!] @[Zèklè]
    Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
    Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
    Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

her fight and fury is fiery
    oh but she loves
    like sleep to the freezing

The great dun seemed to take a moment to consider her question and when he finally did answer she was all attentiveness. Ears perked themselves forward to listen to the deep rumble and dark eyes boldly meeting the blue. He answered her concerns well enough and she was interested to hear him tell the reasons behind his decision. On the floating isle the White Queen and scolded her for setting to much store in gods and herds, but she hadn’t been entirely correct in that statement. As far as Helovia’s political landscape was concerned Meg had only even focused one a single god, a single herd.

It was the Sun God and then the others, just as it was Dragon’s Throat and then everyone else.

Megaera’s understanding would have to grow, and quicker than she might have expected. the past weeks had already started the process when the Earth God had given her Mordecai. Even without realizing it, motherhood had begun to change the militant mare. Where before she might have instigated a fight, pushed for Gaucho and Ampere to call the warriors to action, she now accepted the decision against it. Their home was not threatened, and Meg could be grateful for that fact and see the benefit in keeping it that way.

The Sun god himself had added another weight to that scale. ”…all warriors but learn that destruction is not the only means by which one can conquer and protect.” The words were seared into her memory, and though they went against her instincts, Meg wanted to find the truth in them. Gaucho decreed neutrality in the northerner’s disputes and Meg would hold herself to that. Thinking the Sultan was finished in his business, that bay guardian dipped her head in a sharp nod on acknowledgment and moved to step back to her place in the crowd. As it happens, Gaucho was not finished.

He surveyed them all, and a grin spread across Megaera’s features as she relaxed. It was clear the pride he took in his family and is was a pride Meg shared. To her thinking, she could ask for none finer than those who stood around her and so far not a single one of then had ever given a reason to doubt. Warriors, craftsmen, healers, bright children, and good souls; they were the Sun’s chosen people, strong and bold and good! Meg’s gaze flicked to Einarr beside her. Strong and bold and good…

She was sorry to hear of Tandavi’s departure, for she had been meaning to get better acquainted with the FireDancer. Meg was rather interested in what the fires might have shown the former Diviner and indeed for a moment Meg wondered at that to much and missed Gaucho’s gaze pass over her as his words hung in the air. The announcement of Ampere’s promotion brought her attention back and she turned her head to grin at the Blue. Meg quite liked Ampere. She had proven a capable Gladiator, and Meg had fought at her side at the Endless Blue. A true sword-sister.

"And Gaucho pick Megaera for new Sultana.”

Meg’s eyes were still trained on Ampere when the words reached her ears. Like a whip, her head snapped around to Gaucho. The grin was wiped away and Meg’s eyes were wide with surprise. She couldn’t stop her body from tightening, here expression almost severe as for half a heartbeat that seemed to last forever, she stared at the Sultan.

Sultana? ME as Sultana?! As confident as Megaera was in her abilities as a soldier, she would never have though herself a candidate to be put on equal footing with Gaucho. Sohalia was back, shouldn't the mated pair resume co leadership as they had done in the past? Ignorant what had transpired between them, Meg would had though that surely Ampere would have been considered another option. The blue mare had already proved capable of leading the warriors so why in the Sun’s name should Megaera have been elevated above her?

For another heartbeat Meg wondered if this was some joke but as that thought formed she knew it couldn’t be. She had never know Gaucho to speak anything he did not mean, and surely not in regards to the safety and the future of his herd. The flicker of fear was familiar, No, not me, someone else would be better. I don’t know how. The same doubts had flared up when she had been given Mordecai to care for, to love. The God of Earth and Einarr had placed their faith in Megaera to guard and nurture a helpless child and now Gaucho was mirroring that faith by placing her to guard and nurture Dragon’s Throat.

What Gaucho commanded, she would do.

Determination. Pride. Hope. All erupted in in Meg’s heart like a wildfire, and the surprise on her features hardened into a blazing look. If this is what was asked of her, she would find a way to deliver. A slow solemn nod was aimed to the Wildfire, I will lead our family well. I promise. Even as she raised her head again, Ampere’s call rung in her ears and she beamed. The excitement, Ampere’s words had her laughing and then she was literally beaming. What had first beet brought forth in turmoil was raised again in joy: she tossed her head high and the sun’s light erupted from the mare and into the sky. When it dimmed, and her eye here their dark sleeves again, she looked around at all gathered, and came to rest on Gaucho again. “I am honored to be counted among you and if this is to be my charge I could wish for no finer family to lead. I will work forever to be worthy of the task.”
    FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
    be brave and endure
    :: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
    Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
    Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
    Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

Mesec had joined her, something which quietly comforted her as he was one of the ones she had gotten to know. The tigermare's silent gaze wondered over the rest of the group - her family - who seemed to be still captivated by the Sultan's words about an invasion. And she silently wondered: Would they mind her as a diviner? Did they even care about the God? Do they even pray? Then Alija, the mare she knew from the Earth's Ark, walked up to her to congratulate her on her promotion. Maren smiled back at her - And got positively surprised as she felt the soft pink muzzle against hers, warming her up from the inside even more. It made her feel accepted. "Thank you", she whispered back before the healer turned her attention to their Sultan again. She blinked, long white lashes softly pressing on the bags under her eyes; markings of disturbing months, finally left behind and sorted out. A puzzle - that had never ever really been a puzzle - solved. Finally feeling accomplished, she felt like a little sunshine herself.

So while on most of her fellow Throatlings the face of a dead man rested; on hers still lingered an inviting smile. The tigermare, too, tried to get her attention back on the Sultan, who was now explaining more of the reasoning behind the invasion. Maren would be ready to tell the new arrivals about the Greatness of their Lord so when they would stay, they would add something so that they would grow into an even wealthier nation. For a well-worshiped Lord meant, after all, good prosperity and fortune. (And happiness, of course) ...And the Church was still in need of some more Builders. Perhaps those who came back from that idiotic war could put their muscles into something a bit more calming and... Worthwhile. It might even be great for taking care of incurred trauma's. I will have to talk to Sikeax about that, about combining our strengths.

Listening with just one ear up to this point, she just got the last part of the announcement about Ampere, being the new chancellor and the new Sultana, which would be Megeara. She had yet to meet the Sultana, new or old, so this was exciting news. She smiled at the bay mare Gaucho's eyes had found, and congratulated with a nod while she squeezed her eyes tightly together for a moment, accepting the mare who now spoke her first words as a leader. Maren would be ready when the Sultan or Sultana would seek her uncensored council. For in the name of the Lord, she would hold no tongue now that there was nothing left restraining her.
    ...As it is my job now.

Image Credit
    Please tag me 

Zèklè Posts: 166
    Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
    Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    charks
    Z E R O
    they say we are what we are, but we don't have to be

He was happy to follow alongside his Ma, to bask in the jubilant contentment her presence afforded him. He chattered happily as they walked through the sands, asking questions and listening in turn, an endless stream of conversation pouring from his lips. They were going to a herd meeting, he knew that, he just didn't particularly care. Matters of the herd were still too large and abstract for him to particularly mind; he considered himself too young to be affected by them, free from the burden of responsibility which his Ma carried so heavy on her midnight shoulders. He smiled at those he knew, like Mesec and Hertz and Aakesh and the warriors, but ultimately held close to his mother's side. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable, or afraid- he simply didn't care.

He lost himself in the caress of his mother's lips, coming back to the gathering only when she stiffened and pulled away. Sunbeam eyes turned up to her, following her gaze across the gathering to a familiar figure, the mare with the boat, but the source of Ampere's discomfort had been completely missed by the lightning boy. Zèklè huffed softly, pawing at a loose stone in the sand, drifting away from the gathering again and thinking of Isopia, and whales, until his Ma's name on Gaucho's lips made him look back at the towering Sultan, interest in his ears.

Pride filled the boy, followed by confusion. His Ma would be the Chancellor! He grinned at her, infectious, pleased- just wait until the other kids know! But his grin faded to an expression of upset concern. Did that mean Tandavi was gone? He had liked the Sultana, who'd looked after him when Ma was busy and taught him lots of history. And if she was gone, why was Meg the new Sultana? Zèklè had nothing against his mother's warrior, it just didn't make sense. Ma was the best fighter, and the bravest, and knew the most, and she should be leading, in her son's eyes.

He looked up at her again, but she did not seem upset. "Ma," he whispered beneath the chatter of voices congratulating the bay, "How come Gaucho didn' make you the new 'Tana?"

Politics would never make sense to the boy, and he though he wasn't blind to the tension between his parents, he was still too young to know what it meant, how love could tear people asunder and push them too close. All Zero knew was that the stallion had fallen further in his son's estimation, for this perceived slight to his Ma.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
    Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

There were too many new faces at the meeting.

She had been back for too short a time to have met many of them, and most of the others she recognized only by face. Despite Astraeus' reassurances, she found herself shrinking back and away from the front, where she no longer belonged, despite the fact that their Sultan was her mate. -Calm down,- pleaded the zephyr, preening her mane helplessly from his perch on her withers. He fought to control his own emotions as they fed off of hers, trying to prevent the sparking of his feathers that would bring unwanted attention to his bonded.

I don't belong here anymore, she thought to him, panic building in a lump in her throat. Not really. Gaucho doesn't need me. The Throat doesn't need me. I'm of no use to them. Astraeus, at a loss for what to say in response, merely continued his preening, running his beak through the silken strands of silver lying along her nape. She wanted to run. She wanted to hide.

Most of all, she wanted to be wanted.

She listened as names were called, titles rattled off, and she realized that her contributions to the Dragon's Throat had been nothing and left no mark. Where was her legacy? Her wall was buried under the sea somewhere and her leadership was a murmur on the wind. Most of those present wouldn't even notice her, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't remember. Suddenly, the angel felt very, very small.

"Talk talk talk."
    -Astraeus.-
    you give up your soul till you break down;
    subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
    Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
    Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
    Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!