the Rift

[OPEN] Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting]

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

Legs. They seemed to go on forever. For all my (two) years in this world, I felt as if I would never gain complete control over them. Gangly and awkward, it was like they were out to constantly get in my way rather than transport my (still) narrow and ribby body. I was in-between growth spurt, my body was putting all its energy into getting taller whilst seemingly forgetting to fill in all the gaps on its way. A sigh passed my charred lips, my snipped maw wrinkling in distaste at my own reflection in the shimmering waters of our Oasis.

When would I ever grow into something that could stand by my father and be proud?

Speak the devil's name and he shall appear, the wry thought passed through my mind as within the lake I did see the reflection of dancing, fiery dragons go shooting off into the sky. I knew the signal, and the magic, well enough to know that I must obey it. I had come of age, and it was time for me to choose my path. I knew what I wanted to be; it was a matter of taking that first step towards achieving it. A lajak was to be my path, where I would learn lajilat, so that I could rise to one day become my own father's Khasar, his General, his greatest warrior. Today, I would tell him so - or at least, I would try.

I arrived much like the others did, trotting over the sands, feeling the burn of exercise travel up my too-long legs as my wings casually scooped air, stirring up the dusty, sandy basin as I went. My dark-tipped ears rose to sharp attention as my father, the WildFire, the AscendedOne, stood before his herd, this great family he had created through the very determination his mighty heart held, and said all the things that needed to be said. His eloquence had improved so much even in the years I had existed, (an influence of my mother, I am sure,) it was hard to hear the thick, rough accent of his homeland on his tongue anymore. I clutched to the old, ancient language, holding it dear to my heart - it was in my name, after all, mine and Rhoa's, and while when I spoke it it would be with a Helovian tongue, I would hold the meaning of the words forever with my soul.

As he spoke of the potential impending threats, I felt myself shift guiltily, the sand moving beneath my broad hooves, my tail thwacking against my hide uselessly. What good could I provide to them, the defenders of our home, half-grown and intolerably shy that I was? With my softly glowing viridian gaze, I waited until after the meeting had dissipated, before trying to catch my father's gaze - I was a patient lad, I would wait for his beloved herd to use and abuse him until they were tired of his company, and then I would speak to him of my plan, my hopes, my dreams, my fasqoyi
- and I would pray for his blessing.

Lajak: fighter, warrior
Lajilat: to spar, to train, to play, to compete
Khasar: bloodriders, generals
Fasqoyi: destiny

Messages In This Thread
Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Gaucho - 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Maren - 04-07-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Ivezho - 04-08-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Ísfold - 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Hertz - 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Mesec - 04-08-2015, 08:31 PM