Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
H
E
R
T
Z

Luckily as the dragons of flame rose into the clear blue sky I had been wandering around the island, trying to figure out if the explosion of the bridge had caused any changes in the hot sands that met the ocean. So far, nothing worthy of noting had been noticed by my very observant mind, so I headed in the direction of where the Wildfire called us too. Maybe I would be taught to fly here soon and the rate of travelling would be faster and more lands could be explored. More creatures could be met. Navy striped limbs surged forwards, carrying my childish frame easily across the red sands to where my family was beginning to gather to hear whatever words the god-like dun would share with us today.
Shivers of excitement passed over my blue coat as I slowed to a trot when the frames of the others came into view, crystal clear pools searching for the familiar black and gold, or bright purple bodies of my parents. It seemed I had made it to the meeting before them, or my smaller brother, so instead I settled on sliding up along the side of the cloud mare that I had met at the entry way to the island. At that point though, it had a land bridge connecting the main land to the Throat. The left corner of my navy stained kissers turned up in a half-smile as I stood alongside Cirrus, quite a bit taller than I had been when we first met. Thank yooou growing up. Of course she was no less gorgeous than I thought she was the first time we met, but that topic wasn't going to be deviled into just yet as the Wildfire began to speak once he was content enough of us had shown up.
"Changes made to our ranks. Some you know about already: Maren is new Diviner. Amani serve well, and now pass the torch to Maren. Astrasza and Cathun join us as warriors, and Rhoa too. Ranjiri and Rei now help crafters, and Bucephalus step down from Chancellor position to help Cera with construction. Many projects are completed, and more will be completed. Sun God give us more resources again this month." I blinked as names were spat into the dry air, unsure as to who everyone was some of the names were coming up blank until Bucephalus was spoken and my dark jaw dropped. Da had stepped down from his position? That was something I would have never expected to see until grey hairs started taking over the inky black he was painted in. Banded feathers shuffled as I looked around the cloud mare to try and find Da so I could ask him later what his reasoning for no longer holding power in the herd was.
"Everyone remembers what Moon Goddess did. Those that live in Edge no longer want to live with her - they have nothing to do with her actions and no longer want to live under her rule. They cannot take Throat or Basin, that only leave the Falls. Ophelia come to tell Gaucho that the Basin marches with the Edge. They go to the Falls... Ophelia come about a week ago. Gaucho not hear anything since ... Not from Basin and not from Falls. This not our fight - Falls have not proven to be friends of Throat for some time. But they not come here and ask for help either. After Invasion some might want to come here. But they must meet with leaders just like every one else."
The good majority of what the Wildfire spoke of was too complex for my childish mind to understand. From what I could hold onto though, it seemed as if a few other herds were fighting one another over something some god had done. Once Gaucho finished speaking entirely the crowd seemed to buzz with excitement over the idea of a fight, maybe once I was older the idea of bloodshed and scars would be much more interesting. But for now, I was content with exploring and finding new girls friends to talk too.

"Speech here."
Words;; 690
Notes;; Much happier little brat at this meeting
Image Credit
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Gaucho - 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Maren - 04-07-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Ísfold - 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Hertz - 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Mesec - 04-08-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Spice - 04-09-2015, 02:03 PM