the Rift

[PRIVATE] Water Sports and Hippo Shorts

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

With silvery eyes transfixed on the ocean floor, it wasn’t until a splash of water hit him that Mesec realized he wasn’t alone anymore. Far from being annoyed - the ocean water cool against his skin - he was still startled and spooked at the sudden loud presence nearby. Well not just loud, but enthusiastic and friendly. The silver and black stallion jumped in his skin a little bit, a jerk of the head toward the new presence revealed that there was youthful enthusiasm behind the bright words because it was a colt! A young one too, only about half a year old. What would have certainly been a rush of embarrassment over he had allowed himself to be snuck up on so successfully instead became a rush of curiosity. The blue that accented the colt instantly caught Mesec’s attention - and not just because there was only one wing that was touched with it.

It wasn’t as though the blue lightning that laced down the colt’s back was subtle, it stood out blatantly, daring Mesec to come to assumptions about the foal’s heritage. And he did. His mind immediately went there but it was the reaction from his heart that caught him off guard - the way it had dropped at the thought. The topic of foals had never come up with Ampere, he had just assumed she was not a mother - it should have come up, right? Maybe the child was her… her brother. It was possible! Or it could simply be a coincidence.

But speculations were put on pause because an energetic colt wasn’t going to wait around for Mesec to figure out why there was a mess inside his head (and heart) right now. He responded enthusiastically to the offer of help, grinning at the young colt. “Are you? That’s perfect, because I need help from a good finder.” The smile came easier as his voice tumbled out, his mind redirected to the present. The rest could wait. Taking a step further into the ocean, the demigod motioned with his head toward the rocks where he had last seen the creatures. “I’m not really sure what they are, but something brightly coloured just swam underneath those rocks and they didn’t look like fish.” Most fish that he could think of were either silver-like or much smaller than the shapes he had seen.

He spoke in a whisper when he continued, exaggerating it slightly. The last time he talked to a foal was… when he was a foal and he wasn’t sure where the line between ‘fun’ and ‘don’t be ridiculous’ was anymore. A flicker of orange against one of the rocks was a well-timed back up for his claimes and he motioned to it quickly before it disappeared. “Any idea what they could be?” Maybe everyone in the Throat knew about the colourful things in the ocean and he was showing off how new he was to the herd right now, but he hoped he wasn’t alone in the mystery.

@[Zèklè]

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 04-07-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 04-11-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 04-18-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 04-25-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 05-18-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 05-31-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 06-12-2015, 06:04 PM