the Rift

[PRIVATE] Water Sports and Hippo Shorts

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec moved forward at Zero’s cue, though he took more care than the young colt (not quite trusting the slippery rocks and sandy bottom of the shallows) and did not reach the colt before he heard the call of surprise and alarm. Looking up, Mesec saw a swarm of the little creatures around Zero - looking quite taken with him but he wasn’t having it. It might have been funny except for the look of absolute terror that Zero shot towards Mesec when he realized this wasn’t something to laugh about, the colt was scared. He started to move closer, calling out “Stay still! They won’t hurt you.” Well he hoped not at least. Mesec didn’t really believe himself and he hoped that it wasn’t too obvious. But the colt didn’t stay put, there was a splashing and flailing around with his wing before the blue-lightning Zero came crashing into Mesec.

Zero, through sobs, attempted to explain what had happened and Mesec caught that he had accidentally stepped on one of the little fish creatures. No wonder he was so upset! But how was Mesec supposed to make it better? There was more than just one moment where the demigod stood there, awkward as anything, unsure about what to do when Zero continued to press against his wing as though trying to burrow right through it and away from what had just happened. “Hey… hey it’s... okay Zero.” Well that’s a start. He reached around with his other wing, the one not currently being pinned down, and what, attempted to give him a half-hug with it. Kind of a pat on the back.

“I would have been scared too, if they were all around me like that. You were very brave for going in there first.” He reached over then to nudge the colt gently, encouragingly, and offered him what he hoped was a comforting smile. It was hard to express the finer emotions when your eyes were just bright, glowing circles of silver. He felt a little guilty that he had not moved fast enough and that Zero had been left alone, surrounded by whatever they were (the mystery had yet to be solved) but maybe they still had time to fix all of this. He didn’t want to end this little adventure on a bad note and he hoped his new friend did not want to either.

So he spoke up again, keeping the smile and the encouraging voice as he motioned back to the scene of the crime. “Come on, let’s see if it’s hurt and needs our help.” There was no body floating in the water where Zero had been so it probably wasn’t dead… Though Mesec did his best to keep those thoughts out of the way so they didn’t make him seem uncertain. This was the sort of situation where he would be inclined to start looking around for an adult to ask for help, only he had to face the fact that he was the adult. It was up to him to help.

If he kept letting his uncertainty bog up his head there was no way he’d ever be any good to anyone.

Anticipating a little bit of hesitation on Zero’s part, he added: “Don’t worry, I bet it’s just fine - they’re probably just as scared as you were and didn’t know what to do.”

Folding his wing back up, Mesec took the lead this time and moved slowly toward where Zero had just been swarmed - the gentle tide swelling around him. If there had been any blood, it had washed away already - dispersed in the ocean - but there was definitely no body. “I think it’s…” He was just turning back to Zero to let him know that everything was okay when the creatures came back out - a flash of a swarm around one of the rocks just a couple feet ahead and one of them was moving a little funnier than the rest. “A little bruised but he seems to be okay, right Zero? Maybe if we stand still he'll let us get a better look.” Mesec had no idea how to go about healing a water fish thing but they could figure that out later.

@[Zèklè]

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 04-07-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 04-11-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 04-18-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 04-25-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 05-18-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Zèklè - 05-31-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Water Sports and Hippo Shorts - by Mesec - 06-12-2015, 06:04 PM