the Rift

[OPEN] Babe in the Woods

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

RUAIRI
The Directionally Challenged

Another winged figure rises from below, shouting concern and question. I groan inwardly to know there was a witness to my blunder, but then curiosity and a small excitement take the place of embarrassment. The filly is clearly younger than me and much, much flashier.

My body is all browns, reds, and oranges - Even my wings stick to the autumn color palette – but hers is black and white and pink and if I watch closely to the rise and fall of her wings, an iridescent gold. There’s even a strange puff of blue and grey nestled between her straining wings. I’m completely enthralled by the unusual patterns until a tickle of awkward of silence brings me back to attention.

“A noise? I didn’t hear anything.. unless you mean this-“

I plane my wings out flat and tilt myself vertically to swoop around the younger filly, sneaking a closer look at her as I go, then tent the first joint of each arm upwards, half furling the curtains of feather and muscle to drag myself into a floating halt. Air splits harshly across each feather with audible cracks and snaps, but the overlapping pattern of their growth and the strength of their roots holds me firm against the buffeting wind.

As the air breaks and washes away I’m forced to spread my wings wide again, pumping them up and down in quick, short beats to hold myself aloft. Without forward movement I can feel the strain of suspending myself mid-air and realize the other filly’s effort must be the same.

“Oh, if you show me where to land we can rest on the ground.”

OOC: @[Tempe] Squee ^.^

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 04-08-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Tempe - 04-11-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 04-12-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 05-05-2015, 01:23 AM