the Rift

:: Site Wide Plots ::

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
SITE WIDE PLOT IDEAS

Please help us come up with creative site wide plot ideas! Anything having to do with the gods, tragedy, darkness, festivals, and dice-related events are heavily encouraged. We will be less inclined to consider site wide plots that center around one herd or character or will involve too much admin bias/inability for admin to participate.

Previous awesome plots:
:: FOREVER TALLSUN - the sun god took out his rage in fire on your characters!
:: DOPPLEGANGER - you got to play your character's opposite!
:: WRAITH - infectious wraith characters got to infect and you had to heal them!
:: PERPETUAL DARKNESS - Helovia was dark and no magic worked
:: MURDER MYSTERY - deaths all around, and you had to discover the culprit!

New awesome ideas:
::

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
:: Helovia is invaded by an outside force seeking to take over!
- Invaders can be anything, from a neighboring land to predators to mythological beings. Could be played by us like in the Doppleganger plot, or handled by RE or a combination of both (invasion leaders RE'd ex).

:: Death and/or Rebirth of a God
- I wonder what would happen if a god actually died... I also wonder what would happen if someone actually managed to kill a god.

:: Companion uprising!
- Something corrupt the companions of Helovia and make them band together against their bonded.

:: Flu season!
- A magic flu spreads like wildfire and affect anyone with any type of magic, of course resistant to magical healing. Quest to find the cure!

:: Natural catastrophe
- A completely natural yet devastating event that force the herds to adapt to new conditions. Whether permanent or not remains to be seen.

:: A false fifth god with a mission

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
:: Devil
- While our Helovian gods are not inherently benevolent, they exist to create balance in the world. Could there be a force that is not as powerful as the gods but more powerful than the "normal" Helovians that terrorizes the land/inhabitants? While dark magic is birthed from the Moon Goddess and she has recently done terrible things, she is not "evil" (at least, to my understanding). This could even be a god-creation gone bad. Not like a demi-god created through procreation, but like how Christians believe God created Adam and Eve without procreation.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
I mentioned this in my 'new rp board' reply too but posting it here as well just cause

:: Meteor Collision
- Helovia is hit with a meteor that wreaks havoc on the environment, creates a crater in the earth, and brings with it alien magic (and lifeforms??)

:: Something with the Timegod
- when does he get to cause problems like his siblings? Maybe he turns everyone in Helovia into FOALS or triggers rapid aging and everyone has to work together to find out a cure
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Quote:- when does he get to cause problems like his siblings?
he does this very selectively and targets individuals ;^; /Mau

GOAT WARS.
Uhmjk.
No actually I didn't kid you
see what I did there
FOR KING LEAPSFAR!

:: Expedition
-- I mentioned this in my new land thread, but ditching the threshold and exploring east! dun dun duun.

:: Derps
-- Sarah's meteor crashes and all the Helovians get turned into random animals like.. cats.

I'm derailing so I will come back later with better suggestions.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Ages ago, on another rp site I frequented, we had been in the process of creating a Pied Piper style plot. ;D

As in, someone comes in, leads the foals away somewhere, the whole world has to work together to get them back, defeat the enemy, etc. etc.

-shrugs- :DD

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
- I like the Devil idea! I was just thinking of that myself.
- Pied Piper sounds a lot like what Pan was doing in Once Upon a Time. That could be a good reference if you did that plot.

- I like the idea of some sort of possession.. demon/spirit/something. Makes you do things you don't want to do. XD
- Any type of amnesia that is maybe somehow contagious and there are certain steps applicable to each character to require getting their memory back.
- A type of bioterrorism or something that causes either permanent defects or marks on the surface. Could be another way of killing off characters in a cool way. :)
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
(I've accepted terms, just hasn't been updated!)

Going off the Bioterror/Flu season ideas...

Maybe an Infectious Disease type plot? I think it would be interesting considering what a hot button issue it's been in the real world lately. Maybe "patient zero" could show up in the Threshold and then the Helovians would have to figure out how it's transmitted, who's immune, if there's something that can make people immune (magic, certain herbs, certain bloodlines/breeds, etc) and it could be based off of real diseases (human diseases like mumps, measles, or ebola or pony diseases like strangles, EEE, EPM, etc) or completely fictionalized/exaggerated things. I think it might be interesting if there were multiple levels though not just working on a 'cure' but also discovering more about the source, preventive measures, martial law, etc.

Also gives opportunity for some ideas as to what symptoms, disease complications, etc.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
I actually really like the devil plot, and the pied piper plot! I can see that being very interesting, especially for parents of the children's...

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
I have never been here for a big site plot and I love the idea of the disease and the pied piper sort of plot!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Wolf wolf! No really, I'm a wolf!::
What if some strange wolf like creature invades Helovia, picks out important people(leaders, healers, builders, generals, ect) and turns them into wolves! They keep their coloring, not designs, just basic pelt color. Like grullo horses would be silver, no barring or anything, Appaloosas would be their base color, and so on. The wolves could talk to each other, but not horses. To break the curse, the wolves have to get the horses to trust them and defeat the creature! Or something along those lines lol. It wouldn't just have to be IC important people, but the wolf thing would target them first. Maybe even target widely known characters, like Mauja for example! [Sorry Neo you were there and TONS of equines know him! <3]
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
Oh! I love the pied piper idea!!
Please tag me in all posts!

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel
Switched ::

1) everyone in Helovia loses their memories, those memories are replaced with someone else's memories.

Aka

Apollo loses his memories and temporarily inherits Ktulu's memories.

Ktulu's memories are lost and replaced by Cashmere's memories.

Ect, ect. The solution could be a number of different things. Such as everyone questing the person who has their memories and doing a swap.

2) NOTE: we could also do a body swap; memories stay intact and the mind simply switches bodies.

Sleeping plauge ::

A plauge that slowly starts putting people to sleep, eventually leading to death. Much like a virus.

I'll add to this later....

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
loveeeeeeeeee the switching of memory thing angel suggested!
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
the switching of memory is really, really interesting, but I think it could be problematic in terms of like.. will participation be voluntary? otherwise- is everyone ready and comfortable to give up their characters' secrets? xD
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
I also like the switching bodies, that way, we would really only have to worry about characters new appearance and such. ^^
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
We had the "Great cleanse" which is a biblical story, so perhaps we could use other ones as well such as:

- Tower of Babel: Characters begin to speak different languages which makes them unable to understand each other verbally. Then they have to co-operate some way or another to solve problems that arises through the plot. It could start out slowly. Initially they could begin to forget certain words, or when they say something only half of it would be understandable for others until they lose the ability to communicate by words. There could either be groupings, like one group of characters speaking the same language (especially characters who has something against each other to make cooperation even harder, or it could be grounds for reconciliation) or everyone speaking a different one.

- Fall of Lucifer: This is very much like what Time suggested, an evil being underneath the power of the Gods, but above the normal person. A fallen angel which tempts, corrupts and terrorizes. Helovians will have to get together to battle this evil, but maybe some are led into temptation or possessed? Perhaps we could even mix in a little Harry Potter, making it impossible to destroy it directly because pieces of its soul is stored away in horcruxes. Then the characters have to undergo series of riddles and battles and stuff like that to get to each one, and destroy them with a weapon the Gods made because the Gods can't touch it etc.

Other than that, I second Angel's suggestions of characters switching minds and bodies with one another. Perhaps those with bonded companions could even switch places? Imagine becoming a small companion having to shepherd and learn your bonded how to be a horse, while trying to make sure nothing happens to your body!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Oh, I really like the Fall of the lucifer idea! And all Cathun's idea basically sound great :D and changing into random animals seems like fun too. ;d Switching character traits around might get really difficult - perhaps to difficult for it to really be fun and memorable, though?
And Goat wars. Always. \ o _ o\
butIhave no new ideas to add. regrettably
Please tag me 

Drake Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A Cult for the Moon Goddess

She's been a big meanie to the mortals recently, but there should still be some horses who worship her! They could dabble in dark magic and make sacrifices and have weird handshakes :D

I really love the Fall of Lucifer idea too and since all the gods seem to like making babies with mortals, could you imagine the unlucky mare/stallion getting swallowed up by some monster underground???

That'd be an interesting plot to involve all the gods and the mortals in where they're all like 'what was that????'

See the Hades/Persephone myth by what I mean

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
YAS
the Cult idea is wonderful!

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!