the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sound the Bugle Now

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

“Hector? Hector!” idly my limbs carried me across the Throat as I searched for my father. My adoptive father. Where was he? After finishing my first patrol, I had went to our spot in which we both slept at night, but when I woke in the morning he wasn't there. He hadn't been there all night. And for most of the next day I sat there and waited as well, but he still didn't show.

Perhaps he was on a patrol, I had thought.
Perhaps he was on a mission, I had thought.
Perhaps he was just busy with something I had thought.

But now several days had passed since I had last seen him or heard from him. A patrol wouldn't have lasted this long. He wouldn't have left on a mission without saying goodbye. If he was busy, he would have either stopped and visited for a little bit or at least send word to me. Panic began to form in my chest as flashes of memories from my past run through my mind. What if...what if they got him?! A shudder coursed through my body as I even thought about that possibility. Surely, they didn't take Hector. He was strong, brave, and a warrior. He could protect himself from the shadow-men...couldn't he?

“HECTOR?!” My voice cracked slightly as my yell for him began to show my worry. Legs quickened their pace as I traversed the sandy expanse of Dragon's Throat. Where was he?! This wasn't funny! Eventually I grew tired though and my body began to shake from both worry and exhaustion. I had traveled and re-traveled so much out of panic and worry that my body couldn't take anymore. So when I stopped at the lake situated in the middle of the Throat for a drink, I practically fell to the ground. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks silently as my worry started to overtake me. I couldn't lose him too. It was bad enough to lose my mum, but not him. Oh please not him. Not my father. I...I couldn't lose him. He couldn't leave me. He...he promised to teach me everything I needed to know. He promised that he would protect me. He promised that he would take care of me.

Shards began to protrude from the ground in a semi-circular fashion around me and pointed outwards. They were clear in color and rose to about chest height if I was standing. At first I gasped, realizing I had lost control of my magic within my grief stricken state. But then I realized it was actually well controlled. The crystals were a form of protection right now – a hard outer shell that would keep others out if they weren't too curious. I wanted to be alone, or at least I thought I wanted to be alone.

Be brave like Hector. The words echoed within my mind as my needs and desires jumbled all around within me. Tossing and turning like a leaf falling from a tree. Falling. Was that what was happening to me? Was my very soul finally falling and breaking after all the hardship I had been through?

Mum. Hector. What did I deserve to lose both of them? What had I done in my shortly lived life that was so damn terrible that the gods felt a need to destroy my happiness? What was it? Why? Why me? Why...why...why, “WHY ME!?”

My eyes widened as I realized I had screamed angrily at the gods who likely couldn't even hear me. It probably wasn't their fault though and I began to feel guilty shortly after my outburst. I wanted to be alone. I needed to be alone. I...I needed...somebody. Somebody that could help me get my mind off of this. Somebody who could make me happy again. Anybody who would be willing to stop and talk with a devastated yearling who lost her mum and saw her killed and now lost her adoptive father.

I just needed somebody, anybody who could help in any way possible.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 677
TAGGED;; @[Hertz]
OOC;; it's a little on the sad side since Hector got AA'd. Half debated about just making this an open and writing a new one, or just going it it. Going with it won xD

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

I thought about her every now and then, the pretty paint filly who seemed to carry her wings awkwardly as if she didn't quite know what to do with them just yet. Of course I had been lucky when Bucephalus taught Aakesh and I how to carry our wings right so they wouldn't be in the way of activities. Well, he and some of my own instincts told me when they would be in the way, or when they could possibly be injured in some way that would leave me grounded for the entirety of my life a thought I could hardly deal with. But even though I tried my hardest to think Isara out of the sand, it never seemed to work and the giant Hector was shockingly just as hard to locate. So my closest friend, that wasn't family, had been nowhere to be seen and I had been stuck playing with Aakesh. As much as I loved my smaller brother, playing with him just wasn't as fun because I was always worried he would run and tell Alija what trouble we happened to get into that day.

Baby blues wandered the horizon as I moved easily through the sands of our home. For obvious reasons, I found wandering through the hot sands much easier than pacing over the tall grasses and other biomes that could be found through the lands of Helovia. Although, I had yet to visit the north where tall tales of a white substance called snow covered the land and the wind blew gusts of cold air rather than the wonderful salty spray that I had grown so accustom too. A flash of bay and white caught my attention and ruined all thoughts of adventures to some cold place as my gaze tried to follow the filly who seemed to be running around looking for someone. Panic was scratched across her pretty features before she turned and bolted in the direction of the Oasis where we had first met. Excitement, along with worry danced through my childish frame, a weird feeling that I didn't quite like as my own dark striped legs leapt into action.

By the time I reached the Oasis my sides were heaving as my lungs fought and screamed for more oxygen to reach their capillaries, sweat stained my royal blue coat a shade that could easily be mistaken for black as I strode on shaky legs towards the towers of crystal that were surrounding the painted filly. The sound of pitiful sobbing overpowered any other ruckus that could be going on around the two of us children as I moved as close as I would dare to her crystal cocoon. Harks flicked forward gently as I nickered a greeting to Isara before my slowly deepening voice slipped into the humid air. "Are you okay Sara?" Words moved away from my dark stained lips in a much more sincere motion than anything I was used too. Normally I was full of life and happiness as I stirred up trouble, but something about seeing my painted friend crying in a heap by the pool of clear water pulled at my heartstrings while I stood there hoping she would let me in the crystal walls to comfort her properly.

"talk"
Tag | @[Isara]
Words | 547
Notes | Sorry this took me so long dear! School and work suck e.e
Hertz
put yer quote here
image credits
Please tag me in all posts!