the Rift

Something that glows

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

What is a better way to recruit than to stalk the land that I was recruited from? I step silently through the trees, not minding the small creatures that I pass. There is no real point when I am focused on greater tasks. I have stayed away from the conflict in the Falls as well. Though I would thrive on the battle, it would not do to be so... helpful. Besides, Colt would have my head for assisting anything that had extraneous... appendages, pointy, feathery, or otherwise. So I can only expect that I will be one of the few 'recruiting' here in the Threshold.

More shuffling up ahead does not particularly grab my attention. After all, there has been ruffling and shuffling all around me and I have largely ignored it. Small woodland creatures that I do not care to squish just now. I am keeping my attention elsewhere, expecting that it shall move out of the way before I get there. It does, scuffling off under the brush. The pines shift under my hooves, and my head tilts toward the ground, staring absentmindedly. I am almost surprised when I come upon... a sleeping horse. It is a strange hybrid of species where wings and antlers decorate the equine form. I have nothing against this stallion, because I am not racist like Colt. Why not have a good run with this boy? I say 'boy', of course, because he does appear to be younger than I. (Certainly he is less marred.) Perhaps since he is new to Helovia, I can be keep a good humor and etiquette.

I clear my throat, giving him a chance to waken and prepare himself for an encounter with me. I stand tall and gruff, proud though there is nothing at the moment to be proud about. I stand in front of him, my emerald eyes gazing down patronizingly, and for those that look quite closely, they might notice there's an unsettling hunger dancing in the corners of my irises. "It is unwise to sleep, unguarded, in a strange land. Have you no sense?" Just because I gave him a chance to awaken before I spoke does not mean that I will necessarily be polite.

371 words
@[Camon]

Messages In This Thread
Something that glows - by Camon - 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Ilios - 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM