the Rift

Something that glows

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

To my unfortunate luck, the stranger made no attempt to cloak his approach. Considering I hadn't fallen asleep yet, my level of awareness was fantastic...knowledgeable long before he skid to a pause and did that slight coughing gesture. While restraining the urge to groan aloud, I made quick effort to ignore this rude intrusion of privacy out of vain hope to be equally ignored. Going as far as to relax these eyelids and slow the exhale/inhale intake -- all for the sake of a facade that wasn't working.

During the awkward passage from foal, to colt and stallion I'd come across a fair share of travelers. Some turned out delightfully more of an irritable nuisance than others. Luckily, the guardian of my youth, mother, always choose her company well and avoided the occasional rabble from random wanderers. She went out of her way to avoid heedless conversation.

Being her outstanding son...I followed suit, or at least tried.

He wasn't fooled by my ploy, or else didn't care. 'Move on', my inner voice whispered uselessly. One creamy ear twitched back as he spoke and the relaxed sweep of my tail became suddenly rigid. Unwise to sleep? Bah, I beg to differ -- resting was a mighty prudent thing to do. Usually others would leave you to it. Apparently that wouldn't be the case tonight...

With more self-control and maturity than I felt capable of, the shutters to my soul fluttered open. A dozen hasty retorts ran their way up my throat and nearly slid free; to my benefit they collide with commonsense. Though I openly frown as his moonlite frame straightes to tower above mine. These narrowed brows scrunch their frustration.

Those pupils had widened automatically as the unseen rods do their important work to absorb the faint, patched light until even the colored rims are inked. Maybe snoring would've been more convincing...Though deep down I felt this meeting was unavoidable; by the look in those callus eyes, this particular individual had nothing else better to do, "Do you..." my mind searched for tactful words, something that would end this conversation quickly. Since rambling off insults would likely extend it, "need something?"

Camon

set fire to the DARK
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

Messages In This Thread
Something that glows - by Camon - 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Ilios - 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM