the Rift

Something that glows

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

I chuckle inwardly as I watch the hybrid stallion's reaction to the appearance of another joining us. He seems uninterested - no, that is too favorable - vexed. His manners are better than mine, and he returns the introduction, though I believe the proper etiquette and sentence structure is a little shortcoming. It is better than what I provide, which is nothing as of yet. His 'thanks' is almost too soft for my ears to catch and I find it difficult to suppress a snicker. Though the foal remains silent - and I find that very odd - this Camon asks a question to the both of us. Ilios is more likely to have answers than I, considering I have been in Helovia for only the shortest of times, not even a full season. But even I have heard the rumors of the war in the Falls. There is war in the north, in the herd land bordering this here Threshold. The Hidden Falls, or rather the Open-to-Anyone Falls, is under siege by the World's Edge and the Aurora Basin herds." I glance pointedly at the foal. Of course, I am not entirely surprised that he is not at home fighting in the war. He is young, it does not make sense that he would be fighting. (Though, when I was a child, I relished a fight when provided the opportunity.) I return my unwavering gaze to the stallion. "There is a fourth herd, the Dragon's Throat. Tell me, Camon, shall you join any of these herds? Or will you live in the wilderness as I do?" I cannot recruit him for the 'Equine Empire'. He is not a plain equine as I and Colt are. But knowing that he is not at home in some cozy little herd is definitely second-best. Perhaps we can find a use for him at some other time. Or he can be my own private disciple. I cannot decide... I find him a rather handsome specimen, and though I have no good use for him at the moment, I am reluctant to let him part from my own little directory.

352 words
@[Camon]

Messages In This Thread
Something that glows - by Camon - 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Ilios - 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM