the Rift

[OPEN] Forgotten Ties.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::
[[Direction continuation on from this thread]]

"Come on, before we get into more trouble." Laughing she began to continue forwards, until they were safely out of the arch. Below them in all it's glory was Aurora Basin. Grinning she turned to Tilney to watch his expression as he took in the frostbitten homeland.
It was a path that she had taken many times before, descending down into The Basin. To those who had not been lead here by a Basin member...well it would be almost impossible for them to find it. Delicate footsteps carried her down the long winding path, until finally they were standing before the sentinels. "There is a lake that never freezes." Normally she would speak of the beautiful night sky, but Tilney would never see it. A sadness filled her at this thought. "Tall mountains offer protection from the harsh, winter winds, we won't be getting blown over down here." Laughing she glances along the wall, nodding to the caves that decorated them. "We make our individuals homes in the caves." Stepping forward between the sentinels, her golden eyes skimmed over her home relief was surging through her veins. Here was where she belonged. Glancing back to her newest companion Arah continued to tell him of The Basin. "We also have a large, natural hot spring which steams from under a rocky shelf..." Perhaps they could visit it later. "Lastly is a strange, glass mirror resting against the wall of a cave, though no reflection can be seen when gazed upon." Walking into The Basin Arah stopped and turned to look back at Tilney, smiling at him proudly.

Golden orbs looked over Tilney, a chilled smile still tugging at her lips. Turning to Wynter, Arah gave the griffin a nod and her bonded took flight in search of a lead...preferably Deimos. "Wynter will find someone to officially welcome you." Her hymn is excited, eyes wide and bright as she turns to watch for an approaching figure. Eventually her voice floats back over to the golden stag, "you'll be welcome here. Don't worry about the past." Shuffling over the cold ground to prevent the bottom of her hooves freezing over, the doe tried to wait patiently for a lead. Besides, she'd been a member for years; if she vouched for Tilney they would listen.

@[Tilney] @[Deimos]
You are my refuge and I need you to see;
The only one I let down more than you is me.
Image Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Wonder about the titanic gail that had been so determined to sweep them away persisted and would not leave his cluttered mind until verdent gaze beheld the basin. His breaths changed from slightly labored to a gasp as he observed the frosty home. The valley that unfolded looked much more homely then Tilney had imagined; not quite as cold.
The encompassing mountains had no uniform like the forests he generally gazed upon. Instead of a carpet of tree canopy for miles he saw jagged cliff tops and summits; a very unfamiliar sight to this young stallion. It was a fresh sight, and it was much awed. His blackened maw had dropped open ever so slightly as he filled his gaze with the snowscape before him. "You have a beautiful home Arah" was uttered to his companion when he did eventually speak.

Cautious cloven stones followed his new friends down the treacherous slope. He was no mountaineer, and on occasion made a very false move, nearly tumbling or falling right onto Arah. Dissolving his awkward slips in laughter, he filled their journey with his usual aimless chatter about the beauty of the sky or the way each mountain peak looked so different but still looked perfect beside each other. He only silenced when they came across the large horse-like structure. It was quite frightening to him though it looked quite magical and so he slinked past the statue at Arahs side; she seemed to have no fear for it. He had never seen anything like it in his life.

She spoke of a lake that never freezes and he wondered how it could not? Surely it got cold enough here. Its Helovia though, he supposed. Anything can happen, anything can be. Hearing of the mountains and the protection they provided from the winds he gave an enthusiastic, bellowing laugh "I'm glad" His gaze had turned from their surroundings to look at the golden orbs his companion possessed "I dont ever want to get caught up in winds like that ever again" came in another soft laugh.
He was told of the caves which they housed in, the hot springs and the mysterious mirror. It was perfect, and he wanted nothing more then to spend all day exploring this new place. He wondered though, if he would be allowed to make this his new home. Tilney had no such place to call home now and he was not a creature of solitude. He preffered to surround himself with friends and family, brothers, sisters and confidants.

Watching the does companion took wing he dazed in a slight awe momentarily as he watched the creature flutter. How he wished he could fly, but he was not jealous. Those wings probably got heavy and tiresome, and very sore at the end of a day.
Don't worry about the past.
It was more then a relief to hear those words.
"thankyou for showing me here. I would be very lost and lonely otherwise." he spoke, a wide and gentle smile fixed on his bronzed face. He could not help but be nervous though; Wynter had gone to fetch someone official had she? Hoping desperately that he would not be turned away, he pondered about his impairment. Would they want to know? Would he be dishonest if he did not tell them? Was there even a place for a sightless stallion here?
He hoped so, otherwise he would have no clue of where to go from here.

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@[Arah]

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimos the Reaper

Nefarious prose riddled and rankled through the treacherous, deplorable corridors of his movement, unholy, carnivore decadence, sprung from the heels of Mephistophelean severity. Seditious motions were a familiar, plunging cord of resolute, writhing, feral predilections, seething and searing through the outer folds of his malevolence; he embarked, he stoked, he incited, along a callous, heartless path, the brooding, brutal king amongst his people, unfurling from his throne. He couldn’t be subtle within the confines of his tundra, even if he’d tried, incapable of masking raptorial finesse and rapacious greed, for it was an inborn menace, driven and unleashed straight from his core: death and demise, waiting beyond Tartarean gates. Everything else remained an enigma: his thoughts, his feelings, his sentiments and ruminations; wrapped and shrouding his features in the rigid, taut veil of indifference and nonchalance, the invocation of protection he allotted himself since his first year on earth. The Reaper would have continued measuring his hours, blotting the hillsides and glaciers with his aloof presence from sunrise to sunset, composing sinuous, savage, licentious bearings, guarding, smoldering, had the familiar presence of Wynter not been granted. The monster didn’t yield to haphazard calamity as he’d done before in a thickened state of apprehension, the bonded to the ivory griffin had been taken, tortured, and the notion it could happen again, to any of his members, to any of his brethren, made the mordant embrace of his devilish contortions curl. Instead, he lifted his behemoth gaze to the fellow demon, arching one abhorrent brow, saving and bartering away all the ferocious, taciturn blends for another occasion (an intruder, perhaps, waiting in the wings for the oeuvre of Deimos’ prowess, when his sword plunged straight through their heart, when his necromancy granted them absolute iniquity). All he received in return was a cool imploring from the companion, a wave of plumes and feathers, the dusting of invitations, one more summoning towards the borders.

Whether or not this meant he’d been tamed, bought and sold to whomever’s beck and call (a price for a crown, or because his kin knew of his tumultuous curiosity, of his unrelenting intrigue?), he followed in bestial temptation, through the pine and fir trails, amongst the hedges of moss and undergrowth, never ceasing, never pausing, invoking his scrupulous, fierce, imminent procession, indiscernible, detached steps, ruthless harks, scanning the horizon for the sight, the reason, for his presence. Beneath the soulless stare of the sentinels rested Arah and an unfamiliar being – another newcomer, perhaps? – he marched in his diabolical, malignant sway, a piercing, pulsing maelstrom of domination, of supremacy, of ruin and bedlam overwhelming reckless, infidel slaughter, a rough form of a sword flanked and steeled for protection, for vigilance, for violence. Upon his infernal approach, the devilish slate of his eyes were reserved first for the Impersonator, a respective bow in place for her efforts, and swung quickly in swift, kindled recoil and grace, along the stranger. Gilded, reminding him briefly of their Thief, Roland, but unique in his other markings: a withering tree crawling, decrepit, like gnarled fingers of an outstretched bough (the fixture of haunted children’s stories, witchcraft and misery and crones shrieking, harpies in the dead mist), antlers sprouting from his brow, and a strange lantern-light hanging from its edges (his brow arched again, the breaking of his stoic prowess for just a small, minute moment, because he didn’t know what it was for, how to use it, or why a beast would have it – rising speculation and inquiries reeling in his mind, but not coiling past his lips). The sovereign passed another short bob of his skull to the stag, possessing the deep crescendo of his sinister vocals into a potent flare. “I am Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” He tilted his head, curiosity enticed and allured, continuing in the same, singular pattern as many moments before. “Who are you? What do you seek here?”

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::
Watching Deimos approach them Arah moved to gently brush her shoulder against Tilney's offering him a gentle show of support. The Reaper had always live up to his name, though Arah truly believed that he cared for all the members that resided within The Basin, their lord was a deadly force. Bowing to him as he arrived, Arah glanced between both stags. She had promised Tilney to vouch for him and he trusted her. It would not do to fail him now, stepping forward she cleared her throat the delicately smiled at her Lord. "Deimos, this is Tilney. He is here to join us." She did not her gaze falter from Deimos, wanting him to understand the fact that she wanted him to trust Tilney as well. She drew breath softly and wondered if she should continue, and vouch for him now and wait for Tilney to speak first. After a moment she stepped back and allowed her companion to take the stage, nodding once at the golden stag to confirm that she was indeed finished. Perhaps she wouldn't need to vouch for him, after all Tilney was more than capable of speaking for himself and even just acknowledging that he was her friend might be enough to make him acceptable to Deimos.

Falling silent she watched Deimos for any clue as to how he was perceiving Tilney, not that her Lord ever gave made away. Made of death and as if carved from stone, he was the makings of a killer, a King and a protecter. Together they had gone into battle and it hardly needed to be said that the doe trusted her King with his life. Now Tilney she trusted him not to hurt her or betray her, perhaps in time they would grow closer until she also trusted him with her life but on time knew their destiny. For now she was content with simply getting her companion settled into The Basin before the storm hit. The storm that had been looming over their heads for quite sometime now. Surely it would crash over them soon, encasing them within it's watery grip.

A gentle breeze played with a fe loose strands, causing them to dance along the bridge of her nose. Wynter moved to came to settle upon her front hooves peering up at Deimos happily, waiting for him to give an order. Soon the heat from her bonded leaked it's way down into her hooves, warming them up against the cold climate. Even though Arah had now lived here for years she still found that at times the cold still got to her, chilling her blood and bones. Right now she desired nothing more than to take the cue and return to her cave where she could warm up and quickly regain her strength but instead she remained along side her friend, waiting for Deimos and Tilney to speak.
Waiting to see what was coming.
@[Tilney]
You are my refuge and I need you to see;
The only one I let down more than you is me.
Image Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

My dark eyes scan the icy tundra, looking for any one who might be looking for trouble. My eyes glance up at the sky to judge how long until my shift was over, before moving back down again, my body turning to move closer to the entrance to the Basin. My ears remain forward, head swinging to look around me. There is someone out in the distance, coming to meet me it looks like. Soon the form is close, and we touch noses as he relieves me of my patrol, taking his own up. My muscular body begins to take me down, making my way down to the entrance of the basin.

As I approach, there seems to be some form of meeting. I move closer, to catch Arah's sentence. Slowly my eyes move over Deimos, and the antlered woman to land on her companion "Tilney". I watch him for a moment, looking over his odd coloring. It was fascinating, really, and resembled a dead tree. He was a good looking stallion, with beautiful structure, and lovely horns.... He was kinda my type. Actually.

I move closer, my body sliding on the side Arah wasn't on. A smirk graces my lips, and my muzzle reaches down to touch his shoulder gently. "Welcome to the Basin Tilney." I say, my voice silken, my eyes moving to Arah, a gentle nod to her, and then to Deimos. "M'lord Deimos.." My eyes return to Tilney, before turning ahead, and walking onwards, my body swinging as I head towards the hot springs.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Tilney] @[Arah] @[Deimos]
Words;; 260 words
Notes;; Sialia there, then she's out. ;D

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

The creature that approached almost changed the atmosphere. This lord was quite a force, and Tilney would be lying to himself if he told himself he wasnt afraid; he was utterly terrified. The stag resembled death, ultimate power. The only option was to surrender to such a beast. Tilneys viridescent orbs shifted sheepishly to his ivory companion. She did not quake as he did.
And so the stallion breathed a shaken sigh, delicately eyeing the approaching figure. His chestnut hide twitched nervously against Arahs encouraging shoulder. How was he to treat this creature? He had not met anyone so cloaked and shrouded in darkness or force. This black figure though however dark and cold had such a level temper and neutral demenor. Tilneys porcelaine companion dipped her head and Tilney was quick to follow, humbly bowing his crowned head.
Then spoke the thunder that stood before them. Introducting himself as Deimos, Lord of the Basin the dark brute began to quiz him; Who are you? What do you seek here?

Before he could even find a word to answer with, Arah spoke for him. Tilney could only nod in confirmation. Once more he glanced to his friend, unsure of what to do or say to this mighty stallion. Never had he been in the presence of someone who dripped with power as Deimos did.
Standing sheepishly in silence however was not an option.
"I am Tilney," he confirmed "I have not long been in this land. I seek nothing other then a home and family"
Would they accept him with all his faults, his dissability especially? Should he be honest and alert them of his sights impairment and risk being turned away, or hush himself and later have his secret exposed? How to find the courage though to speak up about his faults was the question.

And so instead he spoke of his strengths. "I like to think I am a thoughtful soul, Deimos. I am much suited to healing and mending if there is a place in your ranks" With each word the shyness fell away and he spoke to the dark creature almost as he would a friend.
Velvetine lips traced over his shoulder and he found a new presence among them. She had snuck up and softly whispered her welcome. Black she was, much like Deimos but with splashes of white on her profile and daring hints of swirling blue throughout a spiralling horn. This mares icy eyes were haunting to him, sending his hide to a shivering twitch. Something about her sent alerts in his mind. Danger. But she was haunting and daunting as ever.
Just as quickly as she had came she was gone again, and Tilney found himself watching after her. He was brought back to reality when a short lived icy gust beat at his face, his gaze sheepishly flicking back to Deimos.

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@[Arah] @[Deimos] @[Sialia]

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Deimos the Reaper

Layers of patience, composure, and silence comprised his reticent, nonchalant being, angling his cranium in varying degrees to watch, study, and scrutinize the other occupants of his kingdom. The Impersonator proffered the stranger’s name: Tilney - before Sialia wandered into the fray, then back out. He bade her a swift nod, then tethered his piercing eyes back upon the golden stag. Another one to assimilate into their ranks, another one to brood, chisel, and unite beneath the mountain summits, along the glacial rime, across the vicious sector of poised armaments and swinging gallows – the King had always believed firmly in a strong, mighty herd. They were brethren, they were kin, and they were a dominating, pernicious force, from the furtive wings of secrets, cloaks, and daggers, the barbaric hymns of soldiers, to the specious, furtive Menders, and the industrious Weavers. He poured his strength, his diligence, his monstrosity, his tenacious, behemoth persistence into the peaks and valleys, and expected the rest of his world to do the same. Some were capable, persevering beasts, and others disappeared under the mettle and scorn. Would Tilney be up to the challenge? Would Tilney impart his talents and skills into the treacherous pathways, the rancorous edges, the hushed, satanic finesse? Would he be capable of remaining in the icy world, with its chilling fortifications, its illustrious secrets, and its remorseless fringes? The Lord’s ears flicked once or twice, catching the chestnut’s own words, seeking a home, a family (of brothers in arms, of beasts and vermin and Lucifer creations?), not as a warrior, but as one of the menders, soothers, a doctor with his lantern light pouring over patients. The Reaper paused and mused over the notion, crafty, Machiavellian mind churning over the probabilities; one could never have too many healers, especially with recent actions (invasions, constant spars, idiotic, puny morons seeking their fortunes, their livelihoods), and the cave containing herbs needed to be well stocked before Frostfall made its next appearance. Through the vivid, poignant silence, the reeling, Mephistophelean danger, the remorseless King finally announced the feral declaration. “You may stay.” He paused, continuing to glance at the lantern hanging from his antler’s, pondering and wondering over its infernal creation and purpose, but saying naught about it all over again (could he blind his enemies with it? Did it hurt when it hit an opponent’s jaw?). Instead, he proffered some names and addresses to follow, and call upon when necessary. “Find our Time Menders, either d’Artagnan or Lena, for tasks and details with your rank.”