the Rift

{OPEN} A New Chapter

Nemo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Mid-day rays shone down upon the threshold like a beacon to the winged creature. Red-orange glow given off as a reflection to the sun that shone on them. Four orange red dipped legs seemingly galloped along the clouds, kicking up the particles of the seemingly nonexistent material. The white body of the figure shifted and with outstretched wings began a spiraling downwards swirl as his fore hooves tucked into his chest, hinds stretched out providing speed. At one of the last possible seconds his body pulled up veering back into the sky with powerful wing thrusts. Red-orange eyes wide as that fiery dipped muzzle flared in exhilaration.

Black banners were tugged at by the wind the whipped past him. Slower not the male began a decent to the beginning of the threshold. Large wings beating as his Arabian frame was lowered. Ever so gently did rear black hooves touch the ground, followed by front hooves. Orange hued wings stirred up a little dust before settling against the white sides of the fifteen hand tall brute. Eyes scanned the surroundings. But for what? Only he knew. The male’s tail lifted high as his head tucked to his chest and he began a prance forward. Had he not lifted his tail it would have dragged along the forest floor.

With a toss of his muzzle, the black tendrils of mane flipped and fell down to his knees like a cascading waterfall. Orange dipped muzzle tucked a bit to his chest creating a nice arch as he began forward. He knew little of the land he was going to other than they had what he wanted. Booty. It was an odd fascination to be so enamored by a rump but he was such a male. Man or woman, if you had a rump, he would want to touch it. The young four year old slowed to a walk, slight dished face showing Arabian decent.

True he wasn’t your usual stallion. He didn’t care for spreading his spawn or taking over herds. Going for world domination seemed like a bore and having a family was too much work. Maybe it was his own father’s habits that left him feeling this way. After the meeting with his father, the male was rather disgusted by the older stallion’s views. Mares were not simply objects to be used and discarded as his mother was. As they had the booty, they should be idolized though to a point or else they would think the owned you. No. This youngster only wished to worship his one love, the backside of others.

It had taken him an hour or so to get into the threshold. Eyes glistened with excitement as he glanced back. He had done it. He left his birth lands behind to come here. White auds flicked at the sound of running water and in response, black hooves started that way. He was a bit parched. Upon reaching the stream, orange dipped muzzle lowered to suck up the cooling liquid. Winter would be upon them soon. The chill in the air and thickening of his hair told him so. I suppose I made it on time then. He was pleased with himself in that sense.

~~~
Notes: So first horse post in a long time. I look forward to RPing with everyone.
Muse: Great!

"Talk." Thought

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I suppose it is my duty to search these lands, and bring back those who wish to find a place in our family. It feels odd, though. Perhaps it is because I've never had to come through here - I was born in the Throat after all. Unlike many, I never had to make the trek to Helovia, to be barred by its entrance and unaware of its land. I'm sure I wouldn't like to be in the position of those who came through here.

Still, this isn't exactly where I want to be.

Gliding high overhead on wings that constantly burned like smoldering coals and embers, I spied a rather curiously coloured creature below. I guess this is what I'm here for ... I thought to myself as I tucked my wings slightly and leaned forward. My descent was smooth and fast. Long passed were the days when my gangly body could not keep up with my wings, and when my landings were rough and ungraceful. As much as it was hard to see in myself, I had grown up. At least somewhat.

I landed a few feet from the stranger, my greying coat appearing slightly darker beneath the shadows of the trees. I let my magically-burning wings foal against my flanks gently, adjusting a few feathers as I strode forward.

"Hello." I called, trying to sound confident and authoritative. I was a prince of the Dragon's Throat, was I not? And although this newcomer appeared slightly older than me, what of it? I knew these lands, and he did not. If anyone had the upper hand here, it was me. So why not hold my head a little high? Just because I was crumbling on the inside, did not mean I needed to portray that emotion on the outside. My sea-green gaze was solid as it appraised the tri-coloured stallion before me. "I take it you're new here?" I ventured, stating the obvious and hating how the words sounded as they left my lips. Obviously I am, idiot. I expected him to stay. Shaking my head slightly, I continued. "I am Rhoa of the Dragon's Throat. And you are?"

Diplomacy was something Mother had taught me, and as I stood there, head held high and voice neutral and kind, I thought she would have been proud of me.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Auds perked at the sound of another approaching. Orange red muzzle lifted, water droplets coming from his chin. White ears pinned forward at the taller male who approached. The white brute took in his darker acquaintance’s coat, the color was a nice contrast to his own. His own black mane hanging to his knees. Nemo strode forward to meet the male who introduced himself. Tail lifted so it would not drag along the ground as the silky hairs of onyx cascaded down. He walked a step closer as the male seemingly appraised him; in what way was Nemo’s only question.

The orange red stockings of the male danced a bit and a deep lyrical chuckle came from the male. "Why yes I am. Thank you for noticing, between you and me I was actually kind of nervous that someone would try to recognize me and I’d be standing there with my hoof up my arse." Nemo’s tone was close to that of a man whose tones were both smooth and yet an inflection of hot shot. Though he smiled friendly like, red orange eyes met teal ones and held the stare for as long as the darker male could handle.

Rhoa, what a nice name for such a tall, dark, and handsome male. Orange red muzzle dipped in soft nods as he took in what the male had to say. He sure is a bit up tight. Nemo’s thoughts were his own as he tilted his head slightly to the side. "Nice to meet ya, Rhoa of the Dragon’s Throat. The name’s Nemo of some place I’m not allowed in anymore. I’ve been a wonderer for the last year. Now tell me Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome. Is there a lot of sweet things around here?" Nemo didn’t even hesitate to show his true colors to the male.

The orange red winged male side stepped and leaned to the right as he attempted to get a look at Rhoa’s backside. "Tell me Rhao, do you have time to walk with me and tell me about Dragon’s Throat by chance seeing I’m new. Ya know, probably lead me around or something." Nemo turned semi-serious as he asked a simple request, a seemingly innocent request to any but the tri-colored male who hid his ulterior motives.

~~~
Notes: Yeah he gets a little close.
Muse: Good.

"Talk" Thought

@[Rhoa]

Odd

I am Rhoa, and I am confused.

My confusion grew from awkwardness right up to sirens ringing in my ears all in a matter of seconds. My lips fumble to find words, but my tongue seems unwilling. Or perhaps it is my mind - it's still replaying his words over and over again. Now tell me Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome.

I swing my hind end around, moving nimbly on my forehand as the stallion moves passed me. I'm not entirely sure what he was doing, or trying to do, but I'd really prefer to keep my eyes on him at all times. Swallowing hard, I try to play the diplomat. I'm sure Mother has had some awkward encounters in these types of situations, and nevertheless I imagine her coming out of them with grace and poise. Even though we are both males, I should try and do the same ...

Right?

"Depends what sort of sweets you have in mind." I respond, trying to sound far smuttier than I actually feel. I've never ever been with a girl before. "S-sure we can walk." The stammer in my voice catches me off guard, and I swallow hard and try to get myself under control. Keeping my sea-green gaze focused on Nemo, I motion to move forward. I let my embered wings hang lightly from my flanks. Partially to show off the ever-burning feathers, and partially to bar Nemo from standing too close as we walk.

"The Dragon's Throat is a herdland far to the east. It is located on an Island, and is composed mostly of Pegasi. For those without wings, there is a magical bridge that transports them from one side to the other. Our land has an abundance of naturally occurring metal .. and our Lord, the Sun God has given our crafters unlimited resources the past few months, so they have been busy building. There are other herds as well ... the Aurora Basin to the North is inhabited by only unicorns. The other two lands, the Hidden Falls and World's Edge are undergoing some ... management changes." I don't want to say invasion, as I don't want Helovia to seem overly hostile.

Image Credits

Unregistered

Nemo didn’t show his annoyance as Rhoa pivioted expertly on his forehands keeping his backside from the tri male. Eyes were friendly as Rhoa’s words reached his ears. It’s cute that he tries to act tough. It was the stammer that made lips of firey hue part in a smug smile. As Rhoa signaled for them to move deeper into new lands, the male followed. Nemo’s muzzle tucked slightly to his chest as tail of black trailed to the ground to touch the soil, but a high tail carriage did not allow such pleasure. Black hooves picked a dainty path, neck beautifully arched to show his Arabian roots.

Tassles of onyx tickled at his knees and head bobbed very little with each meticulous step. In his mind wheels turned. He knew he needed to touch Rhoa, he was simply unsure in how and when. With how the taller male walked, his wings made a nice barricade between Nemo and the dark round rump. He gave idle nods and mhmms as well as yeps where they were needed. Taking in the information as it was given to him. So Dragon’s Throat is mainly Pegasi… Seems promising. And unicorns in the Basin. Nice. Curiosity was struck up by Rhoa’s tactful words.

"Where do the normal horses stay than? If there are changes in the land, wouldn’t they find home someplace? And what are the nature of these changes?" His voice held a serious tone. As if the inner diplomat came out. Instinctually though it was to make sure he stayed out of conflict since it was in his nature to avoid it. As they walked his idea was a brain burst. Slyly he slipped closer inspecting the wings of the taller male. Eyes widened as he gave an impressed noise as he seemingly eyed Rhoa’s embered wings.

"Now that is cool. I wish these flashy babies did that. Do you leave trails of smoke in the sky?" He came in a bit closer for the moment, paying all of his attention to Rhoa’s wings while he devised a plan. At mentioning his own wings, he shifted them, sun rays that peaked through the trees bounced orange-red light off in every direction. Red-orange eyes moved along Rhoa’s wing structure and despite his neck not arching at this moment, red-orange stockings danced beside the darker male to keep forward movement, tail carried high still. Soon Nemo…Soon.

~~~
Notes: He is an actor of sorts
Muse: Average

"Talk" Thought

@[Rhoa]

Odd

Normal? I don't understand what he means. At first I think that he means equine, but doesn't that suggest that those of us with wings, or those with horns are somehow not normal ? He seems smarter than that ... though perhaps were he comes from, equines are the normal ones? I don't know. Suddenly I wish someone else was here to carry the conversation.

"Oh well.." I begin, unsure where this sentence is going. "The Edge and the Falls were sort of a mix ... the Edge had mostly equines I suppose, or at least it seems that way." I shrugged. What am I talking about, I have no idea what the species distribution in those lands are. "It's sort of a jumble, I guess. But the Basin are the only herd with strict entrance criteria. Everyone else is just ... varying degrees of strictness, I guess."

As he mentions my wings, I feel slightly embarrassed. If he could have seen Father's wings he certainly wouldn't be complimenting mine. I watch as he shifts and manipulates the sunlight to stream through his feathers, and force a smile and a nod. "No, no smoke. My twin - Ivezho - his whole body looks like this. And my Father's wings are constantly on fire." I offer, though I am not entirely sure why I brought up my family. It isn't like he needs to know. I guess I just ... well, they're all I have really.

As we finally reach the conclusion of the threshold, I look east. The Throat island isn't visible from here, but nevertheless I know where it is. My heart yearns to take to the air and return home. Looking to Nemo, I force another smile, always trying to play the part of the diploment. "You don't have to choose to join a herd of course - you can live as an outcast if you choose. There are advantages to both, I suppose..." I shrug as my voices trails off. "Would you like to accompany me to the Throat? Or will you find your own way, to somewhere else?"

Image Credits