the Rift

[OPEN] Craft Me a Song

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

I hum a song clumsily. I am no singer and I am no hummer either. It is safe to say that I am no musical genius. But life is a song. During my time in Helovia I have learned more of it's movements than what I have ever before. Some have been familiar but new all at once. Others have been foreign and new. Those new ones cause my heart to miss a beat as it learns the new rhythm. Many search for grand purpose in life, I am one of them, but sometimes I believe that our reason for being here is to learn life's song.

I remember meeting a band of pegasi as a yearling. Many thought them to be strange, perhaps they were; but I thought them to be wonderful! Oh how I wished to be one of them. Rather than having a spoken name each one had a song. Around their necks they wore collars with boxes in them that played their name song. Their name song was meant to guide them in life, to remind them of who they were and to represent that we are all a part of life's song; every life adds something. In their names and tails the pegasi had music boxes woven in. Each of their boxes represented a feeling or a life event. The one associated with the memory would be the first to have the honor of braiding the new musical box in. Everywhere that the band went music followed.

I had forgotten about the group until a few days ago whenever I had met the God of the Sun again. In his illusion I had seen my life in Helovia play out and strange enough with the memories came the song that I hum. Maybe it is what would have been my song name. I grin at the thought.

While humming away I look about for the Throat's Crafter. I hope to have him make some things for me. I grasp at straws trying to think of a payment to offer him. I hope that I am not too forward in asking him to make things for me. I am sure the crafters have been busy with the recent crafting for the Throat. Perhaps instead of asking him to make things for me I should be offering him help. I waver a briefly but my desire for the music boxes wins out. I Will make it up to the crafter somehow.

Speaking aloud I plan out my own musical collar.

For Rei I would love a Music box collar that has two compartments (The smooth places with borders around them). One she can put stuff in and the other that houses the music box itself.

Six little charm sized music boxes for gifting <3

A mortar and pestle, two books with paper thin metal pages for writing, and a triangular tip to go onto her writing feather.

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

The black hadn't really seen Rei for quite some time, not since his promotion to Chancellor. Now he was back to a crafter, and with wry amusement he landed down beside her, ears pricked as she spoke aloud, murmuring about some sort of...musical collar?

That was...

To the black that was unexpected, and for a few moments he stared, stupefied for once, then he frowned. He shouldn't read into it; music here seemed to be rare, odds are the pretty mare wanted pretty music, meaningless and bland.

"If you've need of a crafter, I am here to help. I am Chancellor no longer." He said as he approached, the wry smile back on his lips, expression masking the growing disgust within. It was unfounded, he knew, but he couldn't help it. Music was treated so lightly here, dancing was all but forbidden(or so it felt). To them music was just pretty notes, to them dancing was just the body moving to a beat.

To the black, it was so much deeper. "Tell me exactly what it is you want?" He asked, stopping before her, one hoof cocked, his pose relaxed despite the warring disgust, anger and despair within his breast. Azeeza watched her bondmate from a cactus, her golden eyes mournful. Through him she could hear his memories of the Sacre, of the music of the world, and through him she could see the way it's absence tore at him, widening the hole in his heart further with each day.

OOC: ...Buce got really weird on me I'm sorry x'D

@[Rei]

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

I was looking for a crafter, but Bucephalus is not one I had hoped to nor expected to find in answer to my search. What seems to be long ago, maybe a season or so past, we had met; yet my pride still stings with the affects from our meeting. My ears flick back briefly before coming to neutral ground. How I wish to hurl some measure of success at the stallion. I want to stomp my hooves and arch my neck to inform him of the grand purpose I have found for myself. But what is there to be flaunted whenever it doesn't exist? I consider telling him some tall tale. Perhaps I have been away from the Throat and have no ranking in the herd due to my time spent in the Deep Forest, where I was savior to a band of fae that made me their queen.

"I want a collar to play music. I imagine it with engravings of the wildflowers that scatter across Helovia with a song just as pretty. It would also be wonderful if one side could be left as a storage compartment." Blushing brightly I hum the song that I had come up with. Excitement seizes me as I voice my final idea to Bucephalus. I tell him of the small wheels that spun to make the tiny bars ring out. Realizing a stallion of purpose could think my idea to be frivolous I tell him of what has led me to the idea.

"Helovia is lovely.. but in Lytninia there was a band that traveled sharing their music. Music was their life. They were nameless and each was only known by his or her song. I may not have that sort of devotion to music but I still remember the effect their music had." Never, no matter how I age, will I forget the sight of Lytninia's castes being stripped away by note after note of song. Everyone had danced and sang our folk songs. Merriment had. Could I bring such a thing to Helovia? "I want to try to bring such a feeling to those here that I have met. So if you also have the time to make charm sized musical boxes I would love to be able to gift those I meet with their own songs."

"It was you who made a stance about working for the herd. So I do have a request so that I may serve." I do not feel comfortable around the crafter and it shows more than what I would like it to. My words are halting; each seems to pause on my tongue before teetering off of the edge of my lips. "I can write." Wanting to do something to impress Bucephalus I paw at the ground below us to loosen the desert floor before extending my wing to carefully write.

乗用馬

"It is your name," I look up from the characters to the stallion, "I could record events, stories, information, anything that may be needed. But I am without the supplies to do so." Once more I look down to my writing and his name. It is faint and the lines lack the firm steady strokes that I could once do. "As you saw I wrote with my feather," my voice is now confident and self assured, "back where I am from writers had pieces that they tipped their writing feathers with. It makes for smoother spreading of ink and for heavier lining. What I do with my feather is so faint."

As if to illustrate my words a breeze comes to blow away his name. Quietly I watch as my writing is covered by grain after grain of sand. "I would also need books to record writing in. Along with a mortar and pestle to make my inks." A light dances in my eye that resembles the look that those in a barter gain. I have pitched my idea now I wait for the response.

@[Bucephalus]

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.