the Rift

[OPEN] felix culpa

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
ryuu
You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down / Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground / We are the jack-o-lanterns in July / Setting fire to the sky

M A L I

I couldn't help him. I howled and scratched pitifully at the odd, cold structure that kept he and I apart. It was cold beneath my nails, colder still when I grew angry enough to try and bite it. This was no enemy I knew, nor could counter or combat. I had no words to calm him with, not language that we shared with which I could heal his panic. But he shared my heart, and I his, and I could feel his panic. I cried, to the heavens that had given me him, the lords that had conjured our bond. I cried for my fear, which resounded in a wall that kept me far apart from my bonded. I howled mournfully, feeling him descend into a miasma that I could not understand nor save him from. I felt hopeless, useless. What had I done?

My ears, sensitive - at least, more sensitive than my beloved's - catch the faintest noise. Approach. I whirl about, flying down the corridor towards the sound. The cadence of each footfall is familiar to me, with how I never stray from my beloved's side. It most be one of his kin, and I must save him. If I cannot do so alone, then I will make this newcomer do so. I can feel my bonded's momentary clarity, his fear over just who I am running to meet. Trepidation. I don't care, I would take that chance if it meant freeing him. Dispelling his fear.

The gangly unicorn I come across - oh who am I kidding I just see him as a vague shape from down here - is good enough. There is a creature at his side, more like me, and I bark in a frenzy at them to try and catch their attention (though surely I already have if I'd summoned them in the first place). Then I turn and race back to where I can still feel my bonded, whine and scratch and bark some more, twisting my head from the ice wall to where the newcomer approaches. Demanding. Why aren't you fixing this already?!

His garbled nonsense - the same stuff my beloved speaks - puts a tendril of hope in my breast. And I stand back, eyeing the black creature nearer to my stature with a mix of curiosity and wariness. I will not trust them, not until my beloved is free.

R Y U U

I lift my head from my breast at the sound of words, fighting through the panic, clinging to the bond that I can feel clearly between myself and Mali. I see little flashes of what she sees in my eyes, like a faded movie, flickering unsurely in front of me. Indecisive of whether I should be capable of seeing it or not. It is...a boy. Like myself. And I hear his words more clearly as I tremble there on the stone ground, ankle still throbbing painfully but less important with the prospect of a speedy release. How could I have been so lucky? I never had been before. Life had never given me a break such as this one, the cave crumbling in was more like what I received daily.

Skittering awkwardly to my ever-gangly legs, I backed up as far as I could, not sure how exactly this boy was going to pop me from my prison. I really would rather not be speared or exploded, and Mali's horrified emotions from sensing that train of thought made me feel regret - especially when she growled pitifully at the horned boy, as if daring him to try it. What little she could do I did not doubt she would, and it was touching, enough so that I could reclaim my mind and focus from the panic I'd slipped into. And I watched with narrow vision as the wall before me began to melt, shying back away from it just in case.

Only when I saw his grinning face, made absolutely sure that his magic was tucked away wherever it had come from, did I take a limping step forward. Mali was not nearly so hesitant, rushing to me in a chorus of whines. Clearly she'd learned her lesson regarding barking in the north. I cautiously moved forth towards my savior, eyeing him nervously. But still I dipped my tri-horned head, expressing my gratitude. "Thank you," I breathed quietly, eyes flickering from him to his companion to the nearest exit. "M-My name is Ryuu, this is Mali," was all else I could think to say. I winced as I placed weight on my sprained ankle. "Um, do you...do you know what I can do about this?"

@[Erebos] - for plot purposes, do you think you could whisk Ryuu to the Basin so that he can talk to Ophelia? :D Also trying out a new POV with Mali.

image credits

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
felix culpa - by Ryuu - 04-14-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: felix culpa - by Erebos - 04-19-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: felix culpa - by Ryuu - 05-09-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: felix culpa - by Erebos - 05-23-2015, 09:11 AM