the Rift

[OPEN] From My Private Reserve

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

I leave the Threshold and wander west, not planning to arrive at any particular place. It takes a long time to get anywhere on foot, and though I am not particularly fond of wings and horns, I cannot help but think a set of feathery appendages would be incredibly useful. At least for traveling and transportation purposes, it would be nice to be able to move a little bit faster. I grunt as I move into a hot, rocky area. The stone that clatters under my hooves clacks in a way that is foreign to me, almost unnerving. I decide I like it. The strangeness of it seems to make my nerves tingle, and I cannot say I dislike the sensation. It gets hotter, and hotter, and a sweat begins to form on my coat, darkening my appearance just so slightly so my mane and tail seem lighter, brighter red.

Around me there seem to be pools of cooling magma, and I can only know that wherever I am is.. well it is like a volcano, and yet I cannot tell where the volcano starts, where it ends, where the center is. I can feel heat emanating from the ground and wonder what it would be like to burn from the inside. A smile creeps slowly across my lips. "It must be horrific." But soon I am distracted from my thoughts of flame and suffering, as I see a strange cave opening that seems to come out of nowhere. A place to hide bodies, perhaps, were I so inclined. But their screams would echo, I would be given away. It would be fun, but there is nothing fun about being identified and ostracized. You cannot torture without access to a population.

My thoughts last long enough to get me to the entrance of the cave - caves? I step inside and sure enough, the clatter echoes around the ginormous cavern. My hooves continue to clack against the floor of the cave as I make my way toward the back of the huge room. I see there are other rooms if I should continue, but I would rather wait and see who wanders in. I rest a hoof as I wait in the shadows, wondering who would seek shelter in the caves. A song dances through my mind, and I hum the tune while I remain alone. 'Come little children I'll take thee away...'

words
@[Hawke] @[Aelin]

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs
H

A

W

K

E

It was a grand place to be born, the desert. It's sand cushioned the constant falls the little prince would make, the air was sharp and clean unless sand was stirred up in a wild bout of play. The prince laid upon the sand now after one such activity, his small wings splayed out on the sand beside him, the owlet nestled between his shoulder blades.

Hawke waited for Aelin to join him before he scooted over, pressing his side to hers. A womb they shared and a life as well, and the boy was as tied to his twin as he was to the owlet, though there were differences in that he would and could walk away from his twin and be on his own for a time. It was while scratching at his sister's neck that the youth spotted another walk past in the distance, and to his surprise, vanish into the earth.

It jerks Hawke to his feet in a flurry of gangly limbs and flailing wings, and he whinnies at Aelin to follow before he takes off at a stumbling trot to where he saw the stranger vanish into the ground, the chick clinging vigorously to his bonded's shoulders as each bouncing jolt threatened to dislodge the poor child. Hawke did his best to avoid that, slowing down even as curiosity threatened to swallow him alive. He wanted to know how someone just disappeared into the ground, a very solid thing that Hawke was, by this point, incredibly, utterly, painfully familiar with.

His answer lies within a deep crevice, and ever fearless the little prince dove into the cave, tail raised and fluffy wings flared. The dark held no danger to the boy's mind, he spent his first hours of life in the dark, and it was his friend as much as the day. However the heat of this place, the dank warmth... it was uncomfortable.

As he walks, more sure-footed upon this surface of stone, he peers through the deep darkness for the stranger that had slipped almost unnoticed into this place. He cannot see him, the blackness too deep for his young eyes, so instead the boy-prince halts and turns his head towards the opening, waiting for Aelin, and in the meantime began grooming the owlet's downy coat of sand and debris.

"Hawke speaks"

@[Aelin]

Owl || Skull || Coding by Tamme