the Rift

Silver Energy - [Ktu/open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

"Tinek, no!" Ophelia barked, crimson and blue eyes narrowed as she chased after the infant dragon. Silver zoomed by, a series of grunts, growls and noises following in his wake, and he finally dove toward the sand, talons extended to capture a scuttling crab and devour it whole. The crab bested the silver dragon, and he tumbled head over tail through the dirt and then whimpered, crawling back to Ophelia who had stopped, staring at him with a stern expression.

"Tinek," she rumbled, staring at the crimson eyed dragon as he curled around her left foreleg. "If you would be careful and listen, then you would not get bested by a little crab." She lowered her head and nuzzled his silvery scales, smiling a little. He was young, and this was his time to learn. She felt his weight on her skull, and she knew that he was hanging on her horn. Usually he spent his time either perched between her ears or hanging from her horn. He would not be able to for very long, as he would grow to be rather large.

The crab scurried off, and Ophelia smirked, lurching forward and taking off after it, and she heard Tinek let out a gurgling cry of delight. With a smile on her lips, she cantered a circle around the red crab and got close enough to lower her head once more. The silver dragon leapt from her horn bounded to the crab, grasping it with his talons and then biting its shell easily with his jaws. "Do not make it suffer, Tinek," she said, sending a mental image through their bond to kill quickly. The dragon obeyed and enjoyed his feast, tail whipping back and forth with excitement.

At least here in the sand and near the ocean, he would not get in too much trouble - she hoped. Tinek was a handful to manage. He was nothing but energy until the moon rose, and then he was a sweet, sleeping tangle of limbs and scales. The pale and crimson young mare stared at the ocean, watching the waves crash to shore and then recede into the mass. She remembered the Tides, and she found that she did not miss them. Her friends were here. The Tides were nothing but an old relic kept alive by her memories. She could hear some of the sounds of battle ringing on the hills to the north every now and then, and she found herself hoping that Mauja would be all right. He did not deserve this, and that was why she was here... standing on the beach.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Nail my soul to the middle of a cross that fills this hole
I never understood the Written Word</style>

Ktulu walked slowly through the sand, her gaze lingering on the waves that rose and fell as if the very ocean was breathing. There was warmth against her side as her son clung to her. The mare had taken him away from the Throat, away from every one of the herdlands when the fighting had broken out. There was no guarantee that the fight would remain in the Edge and not be taken to either the Foothills or the Throat should the Edge warriors succeed in keeping their home and running out the intruders.

The dark mare lowered her head, lipping her son's head before she looked up again, the sound of her sister's voice floating on the breeze. She wanted to feel that usually surge of joy and comfort that she usually did when she heard Ophelia's voice, but she was on edge and had been ever since their father had come to the Throat to question Kri about Jackal's capture. Ophelia had been off, then. Her mannerisms weren't the same and it bothered her. Was her sister changing? If she changed would their bond survive or would it be broken and would the become estranged like they were from their brothers.

"Come along, Toto." Ktulu said as she moved into an easy trot. The ghostly pale form of her sister became visible along with the silver hide of her dragon. He was another thing that had her concerned out of fear that he would take her place in her sister's heart. She looked down to make sure Hototo was keeping up and, satisfied that he was, she called out to Ophelia then came to a stop several feet away.

"Ophelia." She said gravely. "I believe we need to talk." Maybe she was blowing the whole thing out of proportion, but she wanted to know what was going on. She wanted to know if she was losing her sister to change and the silver dragon that she had given her.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

A single, pale ear pricked backward as she thought she heard the gentle voice of her sister, and Ophelia turned to look. There she was. Her figure was beautifully charcoal, and her handsome, thoughtful son was at her side. The young mare lit up with joy, causing Tinek to lift his own head in surprise at the sudden surge of emotion. "Ktulu!" she exclaimed, picking up a swift, three-beated gait toward her sister. Cloven hooves made indents in the sand, and she came to a gentle, steady halt once she reached the darker mare and her child.

Tinek grumbled in the distance before running over to the group, wings tucked to his sides in mild irritation. The silver eyed Ktulu thoughtfully, and the emotion that drifted over to Ophelia's bond was one of happiness. Tinek liked Ktulu, apparently, and Ophelia was glad for that. However, the dragon grew fascinated with the miniaturized, four legged beast with the rounded horns. Tinek crawled toward the child and sniffed in his general direction before trilling curiously.

The lack of jovial response from her sister was concerning, and Ophelia's expression fell to concern. Pale brows furrowed over two toned irises that danced between Ktulu's eyes to try and gain some sort of understanding for her change in mood. What could have caused such a chill in her personality? When they said that they needed to talk, fear and concern stabbed through her heart like a knife, and she blinked, confused. "Why?" she asked, trying to hide how much that question injured her.

Did Ktulu no longer trust her? What would she do without her sister? Tinek caught on to the inner turmoil roiling in Ophelia's heart, and he cowered slightly, afraid of the extent of the emotions as well as the quality. The silver dragon slunk to behind Ophelia's foreleg, curling against her quietly. "What is going on?" she asked.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

This time the way Ophelia greeted her was more in her nature than she had when their father and Kri were both present. The manner in which she had greeted had left Ktulu very uneasy, then, like something was off. Neither of them usually greeted the other with such reservation even when others were present. Neither of them called the other 'sister' that she could remember. Ktulu always greeted her sister as 'Ophelia' or 'Phi' and Phi had always called her 'Ktulu' or 'Ktu'. There was no doubt in her mind that something had been wrong with Ophelia then, and that had been solidified with the way she had spoken to their father.

Ktulu watched her pale sister's features as they turned from happiness to concern, just as she knew them to when something was wrong. There was no feeling of something being innately wrong as there had been before. Her question of why they had to talk and the nearly hidden look of hurt pulled at her heart now when it hadn't before when she chose to stand by their father rather than her sister.

What was going on?

"I want to talk to you about your actions when father came to talk to Kri about Jackal being stolen from the Foothills." She clarified. "You were not acting like yourself and I found it very disconcerting." Here she grew quiet and tipped an ear forward to listen for Ophelia's response and explanation of her odd behavior.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

Ophelia wanted nothing more than to bury her face into her sister's mane, but she gave her such a wary look. It struck down deep into her bones, rattling the calm her sibling had given her since birth. Father had come to see Kri? He was the leader now? She had not seen her father in almost a year, and she had not been to the Throat since Tinek's birth. Curious and fearful, she searched Ktulu's mind, knowing that her dear twin would not mind having her thoughts searched. They shared everything.

A figure that looked just like herself approached Kri, Paladin and Ktulu, and she watched herself speak words that were so foreign. She watched her cool attitude toward her sister. She watched her address her father with an impartiality that she was unsure she could feel toward the man who raised her with morals, as distant as she may be with the soul. And, she watched her simply stand instead of leaving with her own sister.

Ophelia's two different colored eyes filled with fear, making Tinek stop in his tracks and let out a mournful, startled cry. She stood absolutely still as the implications, fear and paranoia began to settle into her soul like a vice around her heart. She was angry that they would dare try and violate both her body and mind! They stole her identity! And who else could it be besides those two pegasus twins. She was scared, shattered with the thought that they could ruin her life and her reputation with all of her friends. What if they had visited Osiris! What she felt toward him was tenuously on a thread, her self-worth just now beginning to reknit.

"That was not me..." she replied quietly, her voice shaking. "Two, pegasus fillies. One of them I thought was reading my mind, and now I know. They must have taken my identity..." she trailed, depression sinking into her fear. She would have to leave. Ophelia would never be able to stay in a place where order was not kept; where they did not even realize what sort of weapons were in their possession. The offense was serious, and it shook the mare to her core. "I need to talk to Kri," she murmured thickly, looking up into her sister's crimson eyes.

"I am leaving with you." Ophelia knew that she would lose the ability to turn invisible, but she did not care. She loved Kri, but she could not live with such fear. The mare blinked glassy tears from her eyes, her body shaking with anxiety.

BG | dragon | horse

It was a strange feeling to have her sister delving through her memories, though Ktulu didn't exactly understand why Ophelia would need to search them when she was there. Ktulu knew she had been there. Her ears flickered back and forth as Ophelia continued to search, though she knew there were not many memories that her sister would have to search. The meeting was at the very forefront of her mind. Tinek's sudden mournful cry made Ktulu look down at him before looking back at her sister, whose eyes held fear.

Her face contorted into a look of confusion and disbelief when Ophelia claimed that the one present at the meeting was not her. "How?" Before she could question any farther Ophelia was answering her. It seemed a little far fetched at first, that two fillies would steal Ophelia's identity, but Helovia was a land of magic and deceit. It only took one look into her sister's eyes to know that she was telling the truth and anger clenched her gut and twisted her face into a scowl.

How dare someone steal Ophelia's identity and play games. How dare they think they could get away with it. It was inexcusable. They put her at odds with her sister and strained the perfect relationship that they had.

Ophelia spoke again and Ktulu refocused on her pale sister, who was blinking back tears and shaking. Ktulu stepped forward then and hooked her neck over her sister's and pulled her tight against her chest. "Don't worry." She murmured. "I won't let them ruin this place for you."

Icon by Tay