the Rift

[OPEN] Greetings and threats
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

[Since Gaucho successfully blocked Diesel's stealth he knows what he looks like. I figure Gaucho would have followed him and seen Arah capture him, since the two stealths occurred one right after another? Basically Gaucho is here to tell Diesel to fuck off. So for @[Diesel]/Arah/Any]

So the invasion had been successful. Gaucho wasn't surprised at all. There was of course the element of chance in any fight, but given the sheer numbers between the Edge and the Basin, no other outcome could really have been expected. Besides, the last time Gaucho had sent a warrior into the Falls she had been yelled at by a blind healer. For all of Rasta's spunk and spark, she was no warrior. She should not have been the one patrolling the borders, and yet she was.

But congratulations were not why the Wildfire had flown north. No, it was for a decidedly less pleasant reason. An equine had been skulking about - had targeted one of Gaucho's newest warriors Cathun. Gaucho had tracked him, only to pleasantly find him being captured by Arah. He didn't know the antlered mare well, but she had aided in his reconnaissance missions during his W.A.R efforts. Satisfied that he would know where to find Diesel, Gaucho had returned home for some supplies before venturing north to speak with the equine who had threatened his family. It would be the only warning Diesel would receive.

Landing just in front of the sentinels (machines that Gaucho still knew very little about) the dun waited. He placed a package down next to him of items given to him by his healers and a rather large chunk of metal for Ulrik. Like his own borders, Gaucho would assume that this very obvious entrance was patrolled regularly. He very much doubted that he needed to yell, or announce his arrival. Someone would come soon enough.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I wanted to go home but after my father's death I lingered in the Basin, waiting for the invasion to be over. No one outright told me about it, but I'm not stupid. I knew what the probable cause of a portion of a herds warriors leaving meant. I had made up my mind that as soon as the warriors returned I would leave becuase that would be proof enough that their fight was over. I just needed to keep myself together long enough to make it home then, when I was safe, I could break.

I did not drift far from where Dad had fallen and even though it had been several days, it could have been weeks the days just seemed to blend into one another, I could still see it in my head. I could still smell his charred flesh, hear my screams and the screams of the other mare that was there. I didn't want to believe it, but how could something so horrible be anything but real? Since I did not drift far from that area I saw Gaucho when he arrived and I wondered what he was doing in the Basin. Had he figured out that I'd come here? Had he come to get me and bring me home? No, I thought, that couldn't be it. Still, since he was in the Basin I figured I would leave with him and go home.

I did my best to put on a brave face as I walked slowly toward my Sultan, but with each step I took I could feel the cracks in my heart spreading. I couldn't do it. I just wasn't strong enough and when I finally reached Gaucho my mask faltered, cracked, disintegrated, and tears slipped from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "I... he..." I didn't know what to say. How do you even tell someone that your father was dead? In the end I moved to stand beside Gaucho to wait for his business to be finished so I could go home. I didn't think I could make the trip alone.

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Ranjiri?

Jiji?

Gaucho's calm and stoic features showed visible signs of confusion as the hybrid moved towards him. Questions raced through his mind. Was she captive here? No ... the Basin wouldn't. Especially not on the heals of Ophelia's last visit. It would make little sense. Had she run away here? The Wildfire knew that Ranjiri had a horn, but wings also ... he had never seen a hybrid within the Basin (little did he know there were quite a few. Ophelia included). What then? What reason did she have for being here?

I... he...

Were it not for signs of distress (or at least what Gaucho interpreted as distress) present on her features, he might have thought she meant Deimos, or some other male present in the Basin. But she seemed ... upset in a way that did not suggest to him that she was in danger. Sadness? Was that it?

As she moved to his side, the dun raised a burning wing to allow her closer, gently wrapping it around. His weight shifted closer to her, lending himself as support should she need it. Thoughts of Diesel were shoved to the back of his mind, as his antlered skull turned inwards.

"He what?" Gaucho prodded, trying to encourage the mare to complete her sentence. However as his gaze fell upon her and the tear tracks which had sprung down her cheek became obvious, the dun regretted his words. Clearly whatever it was, it was worth crying about - and when it came to Ranjiri, Gaucho knew it took more than just a little to bring tears to her eyes. His dark ears flickered backwards for a moment, as his flaming wings now pulled her towards him in earnest.

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"He what?"

I was angry with myself for not being able to keep my mask in place and pretend like everything was okay when it wasn't. I just wasn't strong enough to do it, which meant that everything Gaucho had said about me being strong on our patrol wasn't true. I wasn't strong. I just wasn't. I was too soft hearted, too emotional, loved too much, and became too attached to everyone in my life even if they weren't around much. I should be numb to death having witnessed my brother's death only a season or two before, but watching my dad die left me with as many raw and bleeding wounds to my heart as Hototo's death had caused.

I felt sick to my stomach and there was nothing that I could do or think that would make me feel any better. Even Gaucho putting his wing around me and pulling me close didn't help, not like it had on our patrol. It only served to make the tears flow more freely and it occured to me that my mother had marched off to war. What if she did not live through it? What if I lost her, too? What would I do? I couldn't just keep losing everyone I loved. I hiccuped and pressed my cheek against Gaucho's shoulder to avoid his gaze.

"Dad..." I whispered. "...dead. My dad's dead." I wished that the ground could just swallow me whole because I was tired of feeling so helpless. There was nothing I could do to protect my dad, nothing I could do to try to save him when his body hit the ground. I could only stand there and watch him. I could only scream and cry. There was nothing I could do. Nothing. Nothing

"Lightning... he was flying and it hit him and he fell. And he's dead." I felt like a sobbing child and on top of everything else I was feeling that frustrated me. "I want to go home."

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho let his feathers fan in the direction of her face, trying to conceal her tears. Not because he was ashamed she was crying, but to giver her some semblance of privacy within walls that were not their own.

Dad...dead. My dad's dead.

That was not what Gaucho had been expecting. His body jolted slightly as his head rose with surprise. Midas? Dead? A pang of sadness flooded through Gaucho. The Wildfire and the Gallant had not been on best of terms lately, but that didn't diminish the time they ruled alongside one another in the bloody sands. It didn't lessen Midas' battle prowess, and the disappointment Gaucho now felt that the two never had the opportunity to test each other in a spar. Midas had been a good man, even if seemed faulty as of late. It was nothing that he couldn't recover from.

So what was he doing here? Lifting his stormy gaze to the rocky walls of the Basin, Gaucho pondered. Had Midas finally come here looking for the peace he should have sought seasons and seasons prior? Had it come too late? It must have, for Gaucho knew the Invasion had happened. But ... No. It couldn't have been that. If it had, it would have meant Midas had done so in secret. Ghost had come to him only a few weeks ago, wondering where Midas and another were. Gaucho hadn't seen them. Surely Ghost wouldn't be looking for her Czar if he was on some mission of peace? So what then? Had he been captured? As the thought crossed his mind, suddenly Gaucho wondered if it truly had been lightning after all. Had Ranjiri seen it ? Ophelia had been quite angry with Midas, her sister (Ranjiri's mother) too. But had they been angry enough to kill him?

Sighing, Gaucho lowered his antlered skull from the rocky cliffs back to Ranjiri. Those questions could be answered another day.

"Jiji come home with Gaucho. First, we wait and find pretty antlered mare and prisoner. "

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

And when my sins are just a memory...

Ophelia had briefly returned home from the battle, limbs aching from having run clear across Helovia prior to standing still, watching the forces fall with ease. She had duties to attend to in the World's Edge, promises to keep to Kahlua. But, she could rest - if only for a moment here in the mountain fortress she called home. The pale princess sighed a puff of frost, not realizing all that had happened since she had been absent - least of all a death. That Ulrik was not here was a detail she did not miss, but the stallion often wandered.

Thus when Gaucho arrived at the entrance to her land and Ranjiri ran to greet him, she followed close behind, nothing hot at her heels. By the time she joined the group, she heard the tail end of the conversation, and that gave her pause. She furrowed her brows. Midas was dead? Lightning? What? Certainly she had to be wrong. Ophelia was aware that they had captured him, their tactics sound when invading, but she looked around, not seeing the black and white paint.

Surely they had just let him go... that was what they were supposed to do anyway.

Ranjiri had her face pressed against Gaucho, and Ophelia walked forward, expression laced with subtle concern and disbelief. She offered a kind not to Gaucho and then blinked, wondering if she should access the filly's memories for the truth. "What do you mean?" she asked softly. "Midas is dead?" The words alone were haunting. Phi looked up to Gaucho, frowning.

"Our spies captured him and another mare to aid in our invasion; I told you we were attacking soon," she replied softly, brows furrowed. "But he was supposed to be released now that the war is won..." Ophelia's voice trailed off, turning her elegant, white form toward the mountains. "You are sure he did not leave?"

Memories accessed.

No.

Ophelia's dual colored eyes widened in shock, her gut clenching with guilt and anger. He just died? Just like that? Lightning, in her home? The pale princess' lips parted uncertainly, shaking her head. "I... what? Where is his body now?" Ulrik.... She would have to go after him - or send someone else after him, and soon.

THANKS KAY

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The Reaper arrived amidst his home with the sunken endeavors of iniquity thrust along his shoulders; he’d fought no battle, merely stood and watched like a snared buffoon – a campaign in brutality established but left decisively wanton. He maneuvered and motioned as a feral behemoth all the more, disappointed in the loss of his pursuits, in not being able to chase down a Falls infidel, not being granted or proffered the chance, the opportunity, of knocking someone to their knees and swinging his scythe through their nape; demonic temptations wasted. Were he alone in brooding solitude he might have sighed, might have frowned, might have found other means of violence and vehemence, but no sooner had he slid into the rime, into the gallows, did a meeting of minds seem to take place. Pegasi lined up along his threshold, muttering about deaths, the Forsaken unleashing her questions, her queries, and as he sidled within their confines, all insurrection, all defiance, because this was his home, his throne, and he had every right to intrude upon their exchange, the words and phrases glimpsed through his mind. Midas is dead. The occasion called for a brutal silence, and he adhered to it with haunting discretion, mind rolling and recoiling, trying to trace over how he felt about the admittance. The gilded Lord had been in their care, a captured titan in order to keep him away from the battle, but there had never been instructions to vanquish him from the earth, to lead him into demise (but did that truly unsettle the beast?). Ulrik would have the answers, he’d been the guard, the watchdog, the might and dominance beyond their walls while the rest of their brethren played upon war’s grandest stage. Through the murky confusion, through the strange, altering doldrums, he indulged in a singular pledge, driving conviction into the disgraceful filaments of the unholy diatribe. He passed only vague inclinations of nods towards beasts and vermin, providing his tones for Ophelia, then turning as swiftly as he’d come, following the brambles and thorns of their Engineer’s mysterious, wayfaring snares. “I will find him.”

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
last from a line of lasts
and now the kingdom comes crashing down undone
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

If anyone could have seen him, they might have thought him dead himself. Of course they could not see him. Instead, the only visible clue that there was life at all was the skirting of rocks. All else was hidden, by the stolen cloak upon his back. In honesty though the gold was glad for it. Now for nearly three days the golden had been awake upon his feet. Dragging himself through the chaos. He always did enjoy being in the thick of it, but now, he wanted to be nowhere near it. A cave, quiet and cold seemed the perfect place to ignore everything the last seventy two hours had held.

Slipping, and sliding along the ice floor of the Arch the invisible gold found some serenity in knowing the end of this hatred day was nearly over. He could want nothing more. The smell of burnt flesh still lingered in his nose, and the sound of Kahlua’s screaming haunted his hearing. Too many nightmares, to many waking days.

It was not meant to be though. Somber, and dragging, the beast arrives to his valley. But what should have been a vast valley view was blocked by a gathering. Harks fell flat as a familiar tall dun blocked is path. What in the world could Gaucho want? The golden had not been included in prior conversation, so he mind wondered if the invasion was a shock to him. Though it did not seem like war was coming to their door. Especially as a small black and gold figure huddled before him. Sleeplessness clouded his reason and he could not understand the reason for this unknown creature, and the presence of Gaucho. He wasn’t in the mood for tricks. There wasn’t even a whim of energy left to lie. He just want everyone gone. Everything done. Even if he had to do it all himself.

Coming up, remembering the cloak still upon his back, he hears the last words of the gold mare. Dad. Lightening. And the gold freezes. He knows now why she is here. Breath exhales slowly as the moments pass with him frozen and loosing grip again. Eyes fell back unfocused to see the charred body upon the platform, to smell the burnt flesh, and know its name. A shiver runs down his spine, and the words of the dun only vaguely enter in. Antlered mare…Arah? But she did not have a prisoner did she? How long had he been away again? A mist filters over him and in such state he nearly misses the arrival of the lord and lady. Weary as he was, it could not find its usual high level of processing, and was clearly floundering upon the rocks.

The lady’s clear voice broke washed over him and he lifts his head. He just wants to leave them as he sees the mare begin to come to the realization he already had. Let them figure it out for themselves. Drown in it if they wanted to. He did not care anymore, nor did he want to think of the smell of the burnt body. But he could not. Of course he could not. It was in every figure of his being to not. So he was caught in the crosshairs. Unable to leave the scene, but unable to bring is full self to it. Did he care the Wildfire would see his true colors? Of course he cared, but he didn’t have the mind to begin to think that far. Even the gold could suffer dearly from lack of sleep. Besides, as much as he would love to see the swan princess answer for some crime, she was HIS. His spy. Her actions were not unprotected.

Reaching back the gold pulls the black cloak from his shoulders to his satchel at his side. To them, if they could be pulled from thought enough to notice, they would see space shiver, and like the falling of dust settling on an object, the glittering cloak of the gold, and his form beneath appear. He is not his usual self though. More closely than ever he resembles the shell he had been in the winter, eaten away inside by flies. But this was a much heavier sickness. His head, neck tired as it was from holding it, looked to weigh a hundred pounds. His shoulders sagged, and hips slacked. Dirt smudged along his coat, where dust had collected on his sweat under the leather of his armor now concealed. And those eyes. Those earth eyes usually sharp and clear were dead to them.

Even his voice was deadened. “He has gone.” Toneless and empty it spoke without soul. “Ulrik has taken his body to the Heavenly Fields.” He turns from Deimos’s back to the white form of his lady. Those eyes staring emptiness into her. “He sends it with Essetia back to the Falls.” Then the gold turns it looks at gold and black mare. He had not even the sense to catch her name earlier. On her features, bearing so closely the emotion on his he lingers. Her soul though knew what it felt. Sadness and grief. His did not. It was empty. There was little to grieve for him. He had always despised the czar. So the loss was not a cause for sadness. But in the throes of this foggy world, that scene had cut him all the same. No mortal could sense death so clearly, and be unaffected. So he winces and in his down cast face, speaks to her softly. “He too grieves.” It was a lie, as far as reality could actually tell him. But in honesty the gold thought Ulrik did, and in the bluntness of his mind felt it no lie to say so. Perhaps it was as close as the gold could get in this moment to telling her he was sorry for her.

There was still another issue, and so his head turns, and at last his eyes follow, to Gaucho. The fact that the dun would want to kill him passed through his mind. But it also slipped out ungrasped. He gave the dun’s attitude, if he had one, not a single fuck. Not one. There wasn’t even the enjoyment of seeing a ploy revealed (which was usually his favorite part). Instead the golden squarely looked at the dun, and in the same tone and shape as the prior sentences, he spoke at last. “What business do you have with my spy?” It was flat as the others, but with a little harder edge. Perhaps it was his lack of sleep that caused him to stand so uncaring before someone who could so easily crush him. If the dun wanted to fight for his honor then so be it. So close to the death of another, and the deadness of his soul, the threat would hold little actual threat.

OOC :: You are invited to tell thran he looks terrible, because for once he won't beat you up for it. XD
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

I was glad for Gaucho's feathers covering my face, especially when I heard my Auntie's questioning voice. Of course she wouldn't know, she had been off with my mother waging a war against my dad's herd. How could she have known that daddy had died trying to get away to go fight for his family. He fought harder to get to them than he had ever fought to get to me, his own daughter. No! I shook my head vigorously beneath the cover of Gaucho's feathers. I couldn't think like that. I just couldn't. "Yes." I croaked in response to my Auntie's next question. "I saw it." My breath hitched as another sob caught in my throat and I just wished that Gaucho would forget about whatever business he had and bring me home.

Auntie Ophelia didn't believe me. Or maybe it was that she didn't want to believe me. "Yes!" I wailed when she asked if I was sure he didn't just leave. "I saw it! I watched him die!" My body was shaking, trembling so violently beneath Gaucho's wing that I could barely hear my Auntie's voice when she finally believed me. Did it really need to take me falling to pieces before I was believed? I was not a liar, how could she not have beleived me? "I don't know." My answer came after another unicorn arrived and said that he would find him.

The next stallion that came claimed that Ulrik had taken my father's body to the Heavenly Fields to send to the Falls with Essetia. He claimed that Ulrik grieved, but I didn't know if I believed it. He'd been all too eager to set fire to my father's body to get rid of it. I couldn't listen to anymore, so I closed my eyes and pressed my cheek more firmly against Gaucho's shoulder.

@[Gaucho]

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho knew that it could be anyone who answered his call, though he hoped it would be Ophelia. Partially to demonstrate his ability to venture North as she had often suggested he should, and partially simply to see her again. More than not the dun stole fleeting glances at Ophelia's well muscled yet graceful body, or else the title of bros would have fit them nicely. Friends with maybe a little more, at least on his end. Maybe they still were bros. Just hot ones. He had pledged his devotion to Sohalia ... but there was no harm in looking. Still, the cold and the tears from Ranjiri immediately froze any lingering warmth that might have arisen inside of him at Ophelia's arrival.

Gaucho listened silently as words were exchanged between aunt and niece. As Deimos arrived, the Wildfire nodded respectfully though still remained stoic. He would not show disregard for the leaders of the Basin, but nor had Deimos and Gaucho ever been friendly. They had never come to blows, but they certainly were not close.

With a gentleness reserved for only a few, Gaucho pulled Ranjiri closer, allowing her to bury her pain and tears into his shoulder. He would have taken all of her grief and misery of he could - would have become blind and deaf again as the Sun had made him seasons back - if it meant allieving her suffering. Gaucho knew that she would overcome the death of her Father, but also knew there was no way to achieve that end without slogging through the grief first. Still, he would have taken that from her, if he could.

"Maybe they want to bury him in Falls ... we go there, to say goodbye?" It was hard to tell if it was a question or just their itinerary for after this meeting. Perhaps Gaucho would have said more were it not for the sudden appearance of Thranduil.

"Your spy?" He voiced, his tones incredulous as he eyed the sudden apparition. Magic was so common here, that the sudden appearance of someone was not surprising. It was who it was that Gaucho found alarming. His gaze wavered between Ophelia and the golden prince.

He knew Ophelia had the ability to read minds, and in this case, he hoped that she would. If nothing else, it would explain his sudden hostility and unhelpful attitude. In his mind, he recalled his first days 'back' in Helovia after his disappearance. He remembered Thranduil and the magic cloth he had given the dun, in order to seek out liars. Cloth, which ended up just being fabric. He remembered meeting Thranduil far too deep inside his borders, saying that he was just looking to make sure Gaucho was okay ... saying that the Basin was never to be trusted and that they would turn on their own. Saying that he was not part of their ranks.

Black ears flattened against his skull. It had occurred during the highest tension between the Throat and the Basin, when Hotaru had been taken but before he and Ophelia had spoken inside the frozen caves where Phaedra's body was found.

"Thought Basin was not to be trusted." He spat, gaze narrowed. He would not move against Thranduil here - even if his treachery was unrelated to the Basin ... even if he had forgiven whatever grievance he held against them, as Gaucho had, and joined their ranks, as far as Gaucho was concerned, in the presence of Ophelia, he owed Thranduil no explanation without the pale Lady's say so.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

And when my sins are just a memory...

As if answering her own thoughts, Deimos appeared, his slate figure disappearing into the white world to find Ulrik. Ophelia was at a loss for words, a strange mixture of guilt, pain and relief sickly mixing her emotions. Feeling relief at Midas' death was a sickening feeling, nauseating even, and she took a deep breath, bowing her head ever so slightly to collect herself from the brunt of the shock. Regardless of how she felt, how confusing and fucking sick she was inside, she knew how Ranjiri had to feel. Not too long ago, Phi had found her mother's body, half-decaying, in the forest.

That pain... she could relate to it, intimately.

Thranduil arrived to confirm, and she stepped forward toward Gaucho and her niece, wanting to comfort her too. But, the fire stallion seemed to be taking care of that for her. Who was she to think that her icy exterior and frozen figure could comfort as firmly and softly as flame? Who was she to think that in her misery, she could find anything but company? Ophelia was completely oblivious to Gaucho watching her, focused as she was on the filly, and she nodded in understanding.

"I am... so sorry, Ranjiri," she murmured. "I wish... I wish I could... do something more," she almost begged, looking up at Gaucho with an obvious wince. Ophelia frowned, hanging her head and only half-listening to Thranduil demand to know what Gaucho was doing with one of his spies. She wanted to correct the golden one, for they were her and Deimos' spies, not his. In an instant, her ears pricked forward, attention caught by the danger in Gaucho's tones.

Without hesitation, she searched his mind, seeing Thranduil playing with him in the Dragon's Throat and offering him a magical cloak that did nothing. This was moments before she returned his memories, from what she was able to see, and she furrowed her brows curiously. Ophelia had not been a lead at the time - or entirely unaware of this happening, but she was also not surprised. The Aurora Basin was excellent when two herds were not allied, and they gathered information amazingly well. The entire herd was efficient and beautifully aligned.

"We all do what we feel is necessary against threats," she murmured, reminding him of his hostility before all of this - against the Basin. Again, the Basin was just very, very good at subterfuge. "You know we uphold our promises once made - you know I do, at least," she urged Gaucho, glancing back at Thranduil.

"I must... go. Kahlua has need of me in the World's Edge, but I will try to make it to see Midas." Ophelia frowned, wondering what Ranjiri must think. If only the world stopped spinning when loved ones died. "I will stay as long as I am able. Hopefully Arah can shed light on this meeting."

THANKS KAY

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

So this is what it is like to be a prisoner, eh? I expected something much worse, like prisons and torture. 'Why did you try to steal Deimos? What is he to you?' Of course when I was on my way back here with Arah I did not know who she was, I did not know she was from the Basin, and due to that strange magic she seemed to wield I was not entirely sure I knew where I was going either. Now I am their prisoner, her prisoner specifically, and yet I am free to roam the Basin as I please. How odd. Were I to have a prisoner I would ensure that he did not have such freedom. As is, being their prisoner let's me walk through the Basin without fear of attack, and I can see what I otherwise might have been forbidden to see. Who could ask for more?

I step through the layer of snow that covers the ground, finding it impressive that snow would be falling before winter has come. But I suppose we are at a quite high elevation, and being increasingly close to winter means that snow will come early. I stand out like a sore thumb, my dark coat like a shadow in the bright snow. I have yet to find anything to catch my interest here, but I have only just arrived. I am sure that I will discover much soon. I walk the edge of the southern border, picking my way along the foothills of the mountains, among the boulders and moguls. Following the curve of the border my body turns northeast, and soon I see quite a gathering by the entrance to the northern herd.

None of those beings that stand by the sentinels I passed upon entrance are even slightly familiar to me - except Deimos, the target of my first stealth. This should be interesting... There seems to be a fuss going on with a visitor... I make my way toward them, not realizing the one of the subjects being discussed was me. I stand a little ways away from them, close enough to hear but far enough to not be an included part of the conversation.

words

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

Like a ghost she followed, waiting her prisoner waiting for him to attempt a mistake. So far he had been behaving quite well, there had been little reason to intervene with his wonderings. Soon she would present him to both Deimos and Ophelia however, for now, she was happy to quietly watch him explore their home while she sought out both her leaders. They could lock him away in the prison if they wished, the doe cared very little about what would become of her prisoner once the leads became aware of his presence. As she trailed behind him Wynter came up to her, her warm body landing with a certain elegance upon her withers. Before the doe could begin to communicate with her bonded angry voices caught both of their attentions. Both creatures looked over to the front gate where their prisoner was also heading. Moving quickly to catch up to the brute she had captured she did not even bother to offer him word of warning. If he was smart he would keep silent and just observe what unfolded before him.

Golden orbs looked over each and everyone that stood before her, not aware that she was part of the reason why they had gathered. Gaucho was the one who seemed most out of place, his angry words causing the doe to frown. Eyes flickered towards Thranduil, why would he bother sticking his neck of the line for her? They had no relationship and in truth they barely knew each other. Remaining silent she simply watched the conversation continue, listening to Ophelia's words she finally spoke up. "I am sorry, I do not know what you want of me." After she finished speak the fae princess tilted her head to the side watching The Wildfire. Had she in some way offended The Throat? Is this why Gaucho suddenly decided that The Basin was not to be trusted? Moving so that Diesel was more visible behind her she wondered if he was perhaps a member of The Throat. Had she misjudged him? Had he been in fact playing her this entire time? "My prisoner...prehaps he belongs to you?" There was little desire to keep him here, they only needed to speak a quiet word or two with him. Bitch slapping people never took long.

This was her doing, she would claim full responsibility if there was an issue with Deisel being captured. For now however she decided to play it quiet, simply watching and waiting for a response from anyone that surrounded her. An answer was desperately desired, her orbs continued to remain settled on Gaucho as he was the one who she believed would be most able to answer her questions.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

For all Gaucho’s surprise and ruffled feathers, the golden could not be found to give one single care. In later days, when sleep did not cloud his judgement he might be found to twist this and laugh at his bravery and boldness. That was not the reality he enacted today though. The reality was that under the drug of sleeplessness, and with the terrors of the past few days growing larger in such a state, this small mortal seemed like nothing. How often was it Gaucho, the large, undefeated brute, was called a nothing? This might actually be a first for everyone.

The tone of the dun’s voice did not unsettle the golden much. His earth eyes continued to stare with a dullness. He should have been fawning over the dun, immediately jumping up to explain, to rationalize. Oh poor Gaucho that’s why he hadn’t visited you lately as he promised. The evil of the Basin had rescinded itself, and with the change of leads had come a change of heart. You’d trust that right? Perhaps sprinkle a few ‘Gaucho my friend’ in there and ta-da lovely piece of give shit cake. But, today was not that day. The forces that be, were not going to be kind. This is perhaps why the golden rarely ever stepped outside his door in such states. Why in such moods the dark quite of a cave called to him more than a hot bed of activity ever could. It was a protection from the world of him making these very mistakes. But of course like a drunk he recognized the rationalization of the argument not. He had come across the gathering, and in defiance of what common sense would have told him (had it been awake) he engaged in conversation.

Of course he had every reason to. The same golden who charged after a child for attempting to steal his armor is the same one who stands here now. You don’t touch the golden’s things. You don’t even look at the golden’s things. If but an inkling of desire sparkles in your eye it shall be plucked by force from its socket. But let’s not get too gory. Civility please. At least the golden had enough of that at the moment. In short though, don’t mess with what the golden believes belongs to him. The spies under him were, he would not hesitate to say, the best in Helovia. If a fly in the Veins died, they could know about it. And this is how the golden liked it. He wanted to know everything, but unfortunately there could only be one of him. So minons would have to do. Not that they were ever obedient, especially Hotaru. She was the reason for gold’s appearance, what dragged him from his invisibility. Gaucho had touched the golden’s spies once, and the he’d be damned if he let Gaucho try that shit again.

He may have bene half dead, but even so he was the fastest liar in Helovia. In fact, though it deadened him to its need, it made the actual effort even the smoother, for the usual effort of trying too hard was absent from him. So his lie slips out in the same tone, but with a little more annoyance. “Illynx, could not, Ophelia has proven she can.” He looked to the white lady. “She is still your friend.” But the golden may not be. The lady speaks up. No doubt worried for her precious hard won peace. And who did she have to thank for that peace. The golden looked over to her as she spoke, receiving her glance without a change. She had her spies to thank. Hotaru, in the depths of the desert had lied her way through to Gaucho’s mind, and called him not only to bring her back, but to offer the Basin peace. The spies of the Basin, were a stronger weapon than its warriors and mountains.

It was then he heard another. Harks fall back, as his deadness was parted with a bit of light. The golden was not in the mood to play around with flirting to another new soul. He wasn’t in the mood to play a light hearted family member. And he certainly wasn’t in the mood for eaves droppers (ignoring the fact that he himself had been one not two minutes ago). It was a chestnut, banded in gold, but more importantly it was an equine, followed by Arah. The Basin may have been a more peaceful but as far as the golden knew its members were only unicorns still, which meant Mr.TryingNotToLookInterested here, wasn’t meant to be here at all. Or was he? Arah, who trailed his steps like a ghost and then ascended to the gathering, had apparently caught a mouse.

Which mouse though? The golden having been since the dawn of Orangemoon away, knew not who his little spy had ensnared, nor did he know that mouse had tried to bite Deimos. There was one thing he was damn sure of though, he wasn’t going to let on that he didn’t know. The excusing of the lady had bought him time to sort through all that. The gold was rather glad she was going. If he had known better he wouldn’t have been so glad, again common sense would have told him she was one of the few shields he had carried with he joined this conversation. Arah speaks up for herself and sure enough she speaks the word prisoner. Not knowing though who their prisoner even was, the golden could not guess if that was why the dun might be here. At least it seemed like it was not for the purpose of challenging for her, or insulting her. The golden, tired as he was, would not have allowed that. There was also another thing the gold would not allow. Turning with ears falling back he looks at the chestnut still trying not to seem interested. “You. Quit eavesdropping and get up here.” If the chestnut was indeed the prisoner, which the golden’s tired mind was already jumping there, then he damn well shouldn’t be out and about like a tourist. Arah following him or not.

That though would have to wait. Watching the chestnut he turns back to the Wildfire. Emotions still the same they were when he’d come, though perhaps with patience a bit more worn. It was nice of the dun to give a shock but the Wildfire still hadn’t answered his question, and the gold was in no mood to play ring around the reindeer. “Well Gaucho?” It was deadpan tone, and one ready to be done with this whole affair. To be done and to crawl into the warm wolf skin waiting in his cave. But he would be damned if he let any funny business happen here.

OOC :: @[Gaucho] I am SO sorry for the wait. ;.;
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.
Ascended Helovian

Had Ranjiri, in tears over the death of her Father, not been buried against his side, the meeting might have been dragged out. Gaucho was in no mood for games, and for the time being, he allowed Thranduil's words to placate his mind. He knew Ophelia could see into the thoughts of those around her. If Thranduil had been lying, she would have known. If she had condoned the lie knowingly, then he was clearly outnumbered here. It was not the time or the place.

Still, he didn't need to deal with Thranduil. Not when Arah was so much more appealing to look at. A sneer graced his lips as he looked at Diesel, skirting the gaze of those who had assembled. The look vanished as his steely eyes rose and moved back to Arah.

"Not mine. He try to steal from Gaucho's family ... Gaucho coming to find him when you take him. You very sneaky.." The compliment dripped from his lips, as his hungry gaze drank her in. Now was not the time or the place for fighting, nor was it the time or place for other things. "Come near Dragon's Throat, or any members again-" Fire began to swell and flare on his wings as Gaucho's hardened gaze fell upon Diesel once more. He didn't care what the idiot's motives were. They simply needed to be corrected. The was his one warning.

His one chance at living.

"-and you will answer to Gaucho. No pretty mares will be able to save you." The fire continued to rise as Gaucho's hostility manifested itself. They could call him a brute, impulsive, or barbaric. He didn't care. He would protect his family at all costs.

Snorting - causing the bone that pierced his muzzle to dance slightly - Gaucho nodded to Arah and Ophelia. Without breaking eye contact, a darkened wing extended towards Ranjiri. They had a long ways to go before they would find Midas' body. Now that his message had been delivered, there was no use in staying.

Extending his flaming wings, the Wildfire indicated that Ranjiri should do the same. With a final nod, the Wildfire departed.

[Merp. Figured given the timeline there was no point in dragging this out. Ranjiri and Gaucho OUT!]