the Rift

[OPEN] Greetings and threats
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

And when my sins are just a memory...

As if answering her own thoughts, Deimos appeared, his slate figure disappearing into the white world to find Ulrik. Ophelia was at a loss for words, a strange mixture of guilt, pain and relief sickly mixing her emotions. Feeling relief at Midas' death was a sickening feeling, nauseating even, and she took a deep breath, bowing her head ever so slightly to collect herself from the brunt of the shock. Regardless of how she felt, how confusing and fucking sick she was inside, she knew how Ranjiri had to feel. Not too long ago, Phi had found her mother's body, half-decaying, in the forest.

That pain... she could relate to it, intimately.

Thranduil arrived to confirm, and she stepped forward toward Gaucho and her niece, wanting to comfort her too. But, the fire stallion seemed to be taking care of that for her. Who was she to think that her icy exterior and frozen figure could comfort as firmly and softly as flame? Who was she to think that in her misery, she could find anything but company? Ophelia was completely oblivious to Gaucho watching her, focused as she was on the filly, and she nodded in understanding.

"I am... so sorry, Ranjiri," she murmured. "I wish... I wish I could... do something more," she almost begged, looking up at Gaucho with an obvious wince. Ophelia frowned, hanging her head and only half-listening to Thranduil demand to know what Gaucho was doing with one of his spies. She wanted to correct the golden one, for they were her and Deimos' spies, not his. In an instant, her ears pricked forward, attention caught by the danger in Gaucho's tones.

Without hesitation, she searched his mind, seeing Thranduil playing with him in the Dragon's Throat and offering him a magical cloak that did nothing. This was moments before she returned his memories, from what she was able to see, and she furrowed her brows curiously. Ophelia had not been a lead at the time - or entirely unaware of this happening, but she was also not surprised. The Aurora Basin was excellent when two herds were not allied, and they gathered information amazingly well. The entire herd was efficient and beautifully aligned.

"We all do what we feel is necessary against threats," she murmured, reminding him of his hostility before all of this - against the Basin. Again, the Basin was just very, very good at subterfuge. "You know we uphold our promises once made - you know I do, at least," she urged Gaucho, glancing back at Thranduil.

"I must... go. Kahlua has need of me in the World's Edge, but I will try to make it to see Midas." Ophelia frowned, wondering what Ranjiri must think. If only the world stopped spinning when loved ones died. "I will stay as long as I am able. Hopefully Arah can shed light on this meeting."

THANKS KAY

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-18-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-18-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-18-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-19-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ophelia - 04-19-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Deimos - 04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Thranduil - 04-19-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Ranjiri - 04-20-2015, 08:51 PM
RE: Greetings and threats - by Gaucho - 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM