the Rift

[OPEN] I don't know how right should feel [open]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I never saw any of this coming. I mean, I suppose I saw the invasion coming, in a way. All the stealths, the increase of sparring not just by the Falls but by so many others.... Though, I had anticipated that the Basin would be the ones to invade, not the World's Edge. What did we ever do to them? Though I was victorious in my spar with Aviya, it was not without great personal cost. My body bruised and broken, I drag myself forward, head low to the ground. The Hidden Falls herd is defeated. I have no idea where Midas is and the fates of my fellows... well as far as I know everyone made it out alive. Many have scattered, though I suspect that they are gathering somewhere in the Wilds. Several stayed behind, and though it feels a little like betrayal, what can I do? I don't entirely blame them - it is the home they know, even if they've had their leaders replaced.

I feel largely responsible for the fall of the Falls. I was one of the generals. I was the LOYAL general. Oxy's betrayal was not surprising, but hurt me deeply all the same. I should have known there was something going on. With the Asylum, the fuss with the different leaders, the falling apart of the Asylum... I should have recruited more warriors, increased the pressure to spar and the repercussions of not doing so. A sigh escapes my lips as I wander, an outcast from the only home I've known, through these so-called 'Heavenly Fields' that grant me no solace for my tortured soul.

Limping through the fields - Africa's healing saved my leg, but did not erase all my pain - I see in the distance a small gathering. But one of those bodies I can recognize from a distance. Africa stands with three others, surrounding some strange formation on the ground, with something on it. I pick up a pained, off-balance trot as I hurry toward them. I need to see Africa, one of the only friendly faces still in my life. Upon reaching her, I examine those that are present. Essetia, one of the Falls (or what once was the Falls herd), and someone who is presumably her bodyguard. I don't understand the pain on their faces until I look down at the platform.

My stomach twists in an agony that remains just below the surface. 'Damaris.. he.. it's Midas.' I glance again at the faces surrounding us. 'Please.. I need you.' I feel her moving toward me from the edges of the Fields, running as fast as she can. The sorrow that is reflected back at me from every face present tells me that perhaps this was not the doing of the Basin, as I would have automatically suspected. Perhaps this was just the twist of fate that brought one who I thought of as a brother in arms to his knees. I feel a sorrow that I cannot express, and I feel like I might vomit, but I try my hardest to keep these feelings buried. "You've done right.. to bring him to us." Damaris is quick now to appear at my side, and she moves between my legs, rubbing against my knees in an attempt to comfort me. It was Midas who watched over her when I was in the race to become Legatus. Though they had not spent much time together, there was undeniably a bond that she too felt with the late King. Her words in my mind: 'We shall mourn together, my love.'

WC: 598
Tag: ?

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't know how right should feel [open] - by Rostislav - 04-19-2015, 08:28 PM