the Rift

[OPEN] If lightning strikes tomorrow

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Don’t ask me what I was doing up there again. Just…don’t. And don’t assume it’s ‘cuz I don’t feel like talking about it (which is usually the case, in all honesty). It’s…it was just a lot of different things all tangled up together, beautiful and broken, like glass or some shit caught splintered in your skin. Now that I knew the north—well, I couldn’t quit it, for one reason or another. It was like some exotic candy your old man let you sneak at dinner, but now you keep sneaking in his briefcase, taking a little at a time, because it’s sweet and sour and tangy and crunchy and it does a whole bunch of stuff on your tongue. He knows you’re sneaking it, too, but he lets you, because this candy comes from somewhere far off and this is probably the only chance you’ll get to get sick off the shit.

The metaphor was weird, okay. But it was still spot on and I couldn’t tell you why. I didn’t have a reason to wander the snowy reaches, where it was only getting colder from here on out; I didn’t have a reason to put you under such tiny torture, because you stayed huddled in my mane, just as miserable as you were excited, because lizards and cold don’t mix. You pressed me to go though, because you knew it was an urge growing hard and hot and heavy inside me that I couldn’t push away even if I tried.

Too many things had gone on up here; to many sensations felt, and new things
discovered, too. Sparkmarrow was found here—but that wasn’t the only big thing on my list, was it? I found Leos here again, once; I found Ma up here, too. And in-between the pain of all of that awkward shit—I saw the aurora in the sky, silk ribbons beautiful enough to kill with. Yeah, let’s go with that. Let’s make this a cheesy love-story and say my love for the aurora is what kept me coming back up here again.

Okay, so.

I was lookin’ for my boo-thang, the aurora. But it wasn’t out when I travled up there—just nothing but sky and sky and more sky, and maybe some (a lot of) cold to go with it, and I there was a tiny twist of disappointment in my chest from it. Whatever, I thought, and since the aurora wasn’t out, that meant I had to go back down south, right?

But I didn’t. I lingered and subjected your poor tiny body to the cold and even though you assured me you could hack it, I still hated myself for it. But I just…I dunno, man, I couldn’t quit the place. Something was itching in the back of my mind and my shoulders and I couldn’t shake it for the life of me.

I needed to be here for….something.

Ain’t even like I liked the snow before then. Ain’t even like I like cold at all. Can’t give you a reason why this place stuck so forcefully with me…but it did.

I smelled the bro before I saw him—this heavy, vaguely metallic tinge to an otherwise male musk is what made him stand out to me before, and I wasn’t about to forget that scent anytime soon. It…it attracted me in a way that was weird and new, so much so that I ain’t even embarrassed to admit it. I perked my ears up and you perked your little eyes too, feeling my sudden alertness—and paying close attention to me, like you always did when you were ready to learn something new.

It didn’t take me long to see a shadow somewhere in the tundra; there was no way his black ass was about to blend in all this white shit anytime soon. “Hey!” I shouted, coming closer to him. And that was when I realized I kinda-sorta-maybe forgot his name.

“Uh—Elrik? Ulrik? Derrik?” I tried, still approaching, and now I was coming close enough to see his bitchin’ bronze tattoo laced up his left sleeve. Shit I needed something like that. Maybe I could get the tat I got now modded sometime down the road?

I slowed down as I approached him, though—because something crossed my mind. The last time I had seen him hadn’t been the most…um…cordial of times. And by that I had shouted at my Ma.

What could he possibly think of me? Would he even trust me to be around him?

"talk"
@[Ulrik]

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-18-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-21-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-27-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-29-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 05-24-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 05-31-2015, 02:24 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM