the Rift

[OPEN] If lightning strikes tomorrow

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I saw the bastard turn and face me, something bitter in his eyes before his gaze shifted and he seemed to recognize me. Well, okay. I’ll take it. At least he’s not shouting at me or anything this time.

Something about this north, man. It was home to such…haggard…tragic creatures. This fool didn’t seem as lively as he was when I first saw him. Well, okay, he wasn’t lively then either, but at least he had some life behind the bronze of his eyes. Now, though? Something was tugging on him—physically or figuratively, I couldn’t decide, because his whole body seemingly sagged with something or other. Then he spoke, and there was a flash of irony and black, black humor that made him come alive, if just for a second:

*“And you are… Roskuld? I would ask if you are running away from home, but I fear that humor may be too soon…”*

I almost laughed; I could feel it bubbling in the back of my throat, and you cocked your head, curious at the sensation, because laughter didn’t in any way match with what I was really feeling in my breast at that moment. So it was probably a good thing I was able to swallow it down—because I probably would’ve burst out into tears, and I was sick of that kind of shit. “Ros is better,” I said, feeling even shittier because he had the decency of remembering my whole name, a courtesy I didn’t even seem to be capable of extending. I couldn't comment on his snide-ass remark--I wasn't brave enough.

*“Asking ‘what brings you out here’ seems so trivial. Suffice to say – hello.”*

’Sup,” I returned, my voice still kinda subdued with that little crack of his. I wasn’t mad though—the shit was just tore up from the floor up in every way possible. It would never not be too soon. “Don’t know why I’m up here, actually…” I said with a shrug. He was looking at me—intense and piercing, and even though it didn’t threaten me like Shapes’ gaze had, it was still too penetrating for me to return, so I just sort of looked over my shoulder and all around, doing my best not to stare at his sweet tat. “…can’t really stop coming here, now that I know there's something up here.”

I paused—and I turned to him, my embarrassment forgotten for a second, because something came to me. “What’re you doing in the middle of nowhere?” It was pointed and rougher than it should’ve come out, but I can’t really help that about myself. “What is it with guys going out in the middle of nowhere just to….stand around?"

"talk"
@[Ulrik]

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-18-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-21-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-27-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-29-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 05-24-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 05-31-2015, 02:24 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM