the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa]

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs

Hawke

I make skeletons that are able to walk on the wind, so they don't have to eat... eventually I want to put these animals out in herds on the beaches, so they will live their own lives.
- Theo Jansen

[Image: 5532f18d61b28]

Aelin had gone off somewhere, leaving Hawke utterly alone save for the chick perched on his back. It was... a strange experience, to say the least, so for quite some time the boy merely stood still, watching where his twin had run off, head tilted, puzzled, his confusion echoing to his babe. For a good, long time they stood, watching, waiting, seeing if she was going to return. She didn't, and finally tired of waiting Hawke turned, looking around his surroundings with bright, curious eyes. What was he to do, how would he spend this day? The little princeling didn't have an answer, so he merely decided today he was going to explore.

The owlet loved this idea, and quickly rolled off his back and onto the soft sand, hopping/scuttling off as fast as his stubby legs could take him. Clearly the chick wanted to go somewhere, so the gangly colt followed, both moving clumsily against the sand, and Hawke began to laugh as slowly but surely the pair were stumbling and rolling down the dunes. The chick quickly caught on, and thus began a game of chase-the-bird, the little prince trotting after his bonded, never actually catching the chick despite being perfectly capable of it.

When the little babe would tire of being chased, the grey fluffball whirled on Hawke, beak spread and a whistle tearing from it, downy wings raised high. The boy whirled on his hooves and took off, letting the owlet chase him, a carefree, happy grin on his face.

The little prince, for all his oddities, was being a perfectly normal child.

It was actually, during this little stint, that something tangled around his dark forelegs, sending him hurtling to the ground with a cry. The owlet shrieked in fear, play forgotten as he moved towards Hawke as fast as he could, useless wings ineffectively slapping the air. His worries were for naught, as Hawke spat out the sand that had rushed into his nose and mouth, perfectly fine if a little confused as to what had caused his graceless fall.

The chick found the culprit first, and with a cackling hiss of fury he set upon it with his soft beak and claws, trying to tear(in vain) at the brown leather tangled around Hawke's forehooves. The boy blinked at this, nudging the chick aside to peer at the strange object in curiosity, following the trail of leather to something fluffy half-buried in the sand. The chick and colt both looked to each other, the same curiosity alight in their eyes before Hawke began setting to untangling himself, the owlet moving to dig out whatever fluffy thing was buried.

Eventually Hawke succeeded, and picked up the leather straps in his mouth and began to tug, hind hooves digging into the sand as he pulled, pulled until his jaw began to ache. At that point he let the leather drop, a sharp frown on his face as he pawed at the sand. The owlet too was at a loss on what to do, both youths watching the thing as if expecting it to just pull itself out of the ground.

OOC: Figured the bag would be full of sand so x'D

"blah blah blah."

Lineart

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I know who it was almost immediately, but for some reason I couldn't approach right now. It's the weirdest thing really, to suddenly have siblings who require more attention than you do. Is this how Zenobia felt? Is it why she never came to play with Ivezho and I? Why she left and didn't come back? Suddenly I am racked with guilt for my sister's absence. It feels like it is my fault. Maybe I should have just died at birth.

I shake my head gently, trying to rid myself of these thoughts. Not today I plead, wrestling internally to try and be optimistic for once. I have a new brother and sister after all (in fact, I have four. I just don't know about the other two). That's a cause for celebration, not sulking. I wasn't there for their birth, which was probably for the best. Mother was so tired ... and I'm sure there is much to do with new borns. But now? Now this one - Hawke Father said - appears to be up and on his own just fine. Where is the girl, Aelin? When Ivezho and I were that young, we didn't go anywhere without each other. Perhaps these two are just more independent than we were.

Perhaps that's for the best.

I am almost tempted to turn away, until I spy the bag and the owl. Father hadn't said anything about Hawke having a companion ... ? I am overtaken by sadness. I think of all of my failed attempts to find a companion of my own, and here is my little brother, brand new to the world, and already succeeding far faster than I am. Still, the bag holds my attention. What have they found?

Trotting forward, I make my presence known. I am much taller than my younger brother, but I am sure he'll be as tall as I am one day. We are all tall, other than Zeno. She takes after mother.

"Hey!" I call, trying to sound older and wiser than I feel. I fold my embered wings against my monochromatic sides and come to a halt by Hawke and his companion. Jealousy flashes in my sea-green gaze, before curiosity takes over. "Do you know who I am?" I ask politely, dipping my nose down slightly so that he doesn't have to look up quite so high.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Hawke

I make skeletons that are able to walk on the wind, so they don't have to eat... eventually I want to put these animals out in herds on the beaches, so they will live their own lives.
- Theo Jansen

The voice jars both children from their thoughts, four eyes focusing on the tall one that approaches. Hawke's ears prick, his head lifting up towards the newcomer, though there is no need for the elder drops his head so they would be eye to eye. The boy meets the gaze of the other, his face imprinting onto his memory, forever able to be recalled at a moment's notice, and it is a good thing too.

For Hawke, little to his knowledge, was face-to-face with the first of many siblings.

The darker one speaks, and while the boy's ears prick towards him he does not answer right away, choosing instead to mull over the words. Did he know him? Hawke wasn't sure. Mother had mentioned in passing of his and Aelin's siblings, yet he wasn't positive she had mentioned one who's wings appeared to smolder. That piques his curiosity, and without a moment's thought he moves to the side and nudges the ember-hued wings of the new person, sniffing curiously and gently bumping the feathers with the tip of his muzzle to see if they burned like the coals of the Fire.

Then he answered the other's question.
"No." Came the reply, a word dropped without a care, for the child's attention was focused far more on his older brother's wings. Hawke's head tilted, and he looked back at his own, lifting a downy wing and examining it, then looked back to the other's. Strange.

The owlet grew bored of watching Hawke's examination, and trilled to his bonded before continuing to try and dig the bag out. This drew Hawke's attention to the bag, annoyance crossing his features before he pawed half-heartedly at the sand. The bag didn't hold as much interest as the ember-winged one, so Hawke kept sneaking glances at the older colt, glancing to his wings, then at his own, then back at the bag, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Who?" He asked, finally settling his gaze for good on Rhoa, ears pricked. He didn't quite understand that not everyone understood him like Aelin; with her he could merely gesture or drop a word or two and get his point across, which gave him more time with his thoughts.

The owlet gave up when Hawke stopped trying to unbury the bag, casting his black gaze up at the pair in annoyance, something that rang through Hawke's mind and crossed his face, their bond too raw and strong for either of them to really separate their emotions from each other.

Lineart

Odd

I can't say I'm surprised. He is very young, and from what I remember of that age, it's that it all goes by in a blur. I almost died when I was born, but even if that hadn't happened i'm sure that it would have taken Mother a few days to tell me of Zenobia, and her two dead children. It made me sad that I never knew them, but I was happy to have our family growing now no matter how jealous it made me.

I felt a smile tug at my lips as Hawke investigated my wings. I couldn't' hate him, even if he was already doing better in life than I was. It wasn't his fault that I had been dealt a hard hand, and he a relatively easy one (or so I thought). I let my wing droop slightly so that he could better see the slowly burning feathers. Of course they didn't burn with the ferocity that Gaucho's did, but it was something. Something to tie me to my family. I wonder if Hawke burned somehow as well?

"I am Rhoa. I have a twin too - Ivezho. I'm your older brother." I answered, my voice proud as I stared down at my younger sibling. "My wings don't burn quite the way Father's do. But it's something. It helps me see in the dark, and can help scare away predators." To demonstrate, I flashed my wings several times, and tilted them forwards and backwards.

As Hades caught my attention, I felt my smile falter for a moment as a familiar pang of jealousy and loneliness swept through my mind. Closing my eyes I exhaled, trying to rid myself of such negativity. He is your brother. Be happy for him. I mentally reminded myself. Diverting my gaze to the bag, I stepped forward and lowered my head further. A bag? Buried in the sand? Why? It didn't make any sense. "What did you two find?" I asked leadingly, hoping that my younger sibling would let me in on ... well, whatever it was he was doing.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Hawke

- Theo Jansen

The boy watches, mystified, as Rhoa flexes his wings, the embers rippling hypnotically across his brother's darker feathers. Wonder replaces the annoyance the owlet had gifted him, and once more he thrust his head under Rhoa's wings to watch the embers dance under the shade provided by his feathers. He doesn't quite understand that Rhoa is like Aelin, and he hardly listens to what his elder says and does, until the bag comes into question.

Then Hawke withdraws his head, gazing up at Rhoa with a blank face, yet eyes filled with confusion. It takes him a moment to realize his sibling is talking about the Thing, then he gives a light shrug.
"'unno. Tripped." He moved to the side as Rhoa leaned in, and turned his own gaze down to the buried Thing.

The owlet chirped as Rhoa drew close, moving aside so he could view the furry bag in question. From the pair's digging the top half was visible, enough so that the bird-skull clasp could be seen.
"What it?" He looked at Rhoa then, ears pricked. The other was older, he would know more than Hawke, right? It seemed like sound knowledge, so the boy waited, gaze drifting every now and then to Rhoa's smoldering wings.

He and the babe began digging again, yet for every bundle of sand they got away more rushed in, and the frustration was clear on Hawke's face as he frowned down at the bag. He didn't know what else to do to get it out, so the boy merely flopped onto his belly and looked up at Rhoa, as if waiting to see if he had any ideas.

@[Rhoa]
Lineart

Odd

I try not to - but a smile forces its way onto my lips as my aid is subtly requested. It has been a long, long time since I felt needed, useful, but as my younger flops comically onto his back, I simply can't help it. I've never felt this way before, now that I think about it. I've never had anyone younger .. never had anyone who looked up to me. But now, staring down at Hawke and his frustrated but naive face, I suddenly feel it.

I drop down onto my white knees and allow my embered wings to come forward. They are far larger than Hawke's are, and can more easily move the sand around. That, and I have a bit more experience digging than he does. I use my feathers to pull the sand away, rather than digging at it the way my brother and his companion had been. The deep red granuals move, and eventually the bag is easily accessible.

"There look-" I begin, pulling back slightly so that Hawke or his owl can be the first one to grab the bag. It was their discovery after all. I shake my wings slightly and watch with anticipation. "It looks like it's made from animal skins ..." I mumble, more to myself than to my counterpart. "I wonder why it's buried here? Or who buried it."

I don't have an answer to either question myself, but I guess it doesn't much matter. Finders keepers, after all. I haven't heard anything about a missing bag, and so I can only assume that whoever lost it (or buried it) has either forgotten about it, or is long gone. Likely the latter.

"It looks like it has buckles on it ... so that you can wear it around your shoulders. I can help you put it on, if you like." I offer, unsure what my brother is ultimately going to do with his new found prize. I don't know much about him after all, he could just as easily want to destroy it, as keep it.

Image Credits

Hidden Account

Hawke

- Theo Jansen

The skeleton child watches impassively as his elder bends knee and begins to dig... with his wings? Hawke's head tilted at the queer appearance, but it seemed more fruitful than his pitiful pawing, so the little prince's gaze went to his own wings, studying before he rose and mimicked Rhoa's posture, watching his brother with a strange intensity before he began to copy the elder's movements and dig out the sand. Between the pair of them(the owlet helped as well, with his tiny wings), the object was soon unearthed, and Hawke rose, gazing down at it with a veiled curiosity.

Rhoa spoke as the owlet dragged the thing out of it's pit, and one of Hawke's ears remained focus upon his brother, listening as he regarded the bag at the same time. The elder's question was mirrored within the child's own thoughts, and that same flame of inquisitiveness that drove the boy to face his father fearlessly mere minutes after birth also prodded the little prince into shoving his nose into the bag, lips working to open it. There was a strange click around the skull that held it closed, and the bag slid open, surrendering itself to Hawke's invasive muzzle. Something strange brushed the velvety skin of his lips, and a faint frown pulled at Hawke's features as he gripped the multiple objects, drawing them out as he pulled his head back.

Bones clattered together on the sand, their pale surfaces polished to an eerie smoothness, exotic runes etched into the bones with a strange rust color stained into the grooves. Whatever the 'rust' was, it left a dry taste in Hawke's mouth like copper and ash, a mixture he would later learn as 'blood'. Head tilted, and he looked to Rhoa as he offered to put the bag on Hawke. The Prince of Bone's childish nature showed then as Hawke nodded enthusiastically, ears pricked sharp and tail twitching in excitement.

However... an urge came upon him then, and he hesitated, head tilting as he watched Rhoa. A.. knowing of sorts, a sensation within his chest that compelled him to reach forward, lips pulled back, and without any warning to his brother, he tore a hair or two from Rhoa's dark coat. Ignoring any sound of pain or protest, Hawke dropped his head and gently laid the hair within a groove on one of the bones, as if guided by the bones themselves, or whatever pressure was building up within his chest that demanded release.

Hawk took the bones within his mouth, and with a jerk of his neck flung them into the air, his pale blue gaze focused upon Rhoa, those eyes teeming with both childish innocence and a queer intensity.
"Make better." Hawke spoke, infantile voice commanding, and the bones and whatever thing in his chest obeyed. The bones whirled in the air, circling Rhoa before freezing in a circular pattern, ripples of dark, black fire flickering across their pale surfaces before the fire arched up and slid into Rhoa. Magic done, the bones fell to the ground, the hair evaporating with a hiss, and Hawke stumbled, swaying a bit as the stuff left his chest, leaving him hollow and weak-knee'd.

((OOC: hope you don't mind the minor powerplay ^^; if it's not okay, lemme know and I'll change it owo Also, up to you as to what Hawke blessed Rhoa with; intelligence, strength, speed, sight, hearing, ect ect yada yada x'D))

Lineart

Odd

I can't help but gasp as bones fall out. I mean, bones?! In that instant I want to tell Hawke to put them back and bury the bag .. or ... or least take it to an adult. It is then that I realize that I am the adult, and that I have condoned this excavation thus far. I swallow hard, not necessarily liking this new found responsibility. Trying to be optimistic, I narrow my eyes and look at the notches carved into the bones.

"You know, Father has symbols almost like that on his antlers. They glow like they have fire inside ... They were given to him by the Sun God. He has marked our family you know." I say proudly, puffing out my chest slightly as I unconsciously smile at the thought. Although it seems that everyone else has been blessed more than I have, I can't deny the fact that I am marked by the Sun's holy light just as the rest of my kin are. Although Hawke doesn't burn, I'm sure the presence of his companion and the odd magic that takes hold of him is from our deity as well.

I expected Hawke to nudge my shoulder in appreciation. I was not expecting to feel his teeth on my skin. I winced slightly at my ears fell back against my skull. For a moment I thought to nip him back, but such bickering seemed foolish, and although I had already recognized myself as the adult between us, I didn't think I had the jurisdiction to scold him. Grumbling, I instead turned my attention to what he was doing - which was currently throwing the ashen tufts of my fur onto his bones. As he threw the bones into the air, I meant to shout an admonishment at him, but instead I danced sideways, meaning to avoid the bones I thought for sure were going to strike me on the head. When they failed to fall, I cast a hesitant glance upwards to see them floating surrounded by blackened flames. So much for thinking that Hawke only had passive magic and a companion. Apparently the Sun God saw fit to bless him quite substantially. Unafraid (for I merely assumed it was the work of our God through him), I blinked dumbly, unsure how to return the hardened and confident stare of my younger brother.

Make better

What? "Make what bet-" I began, assuming that he was posing the words as a question to me. However the words were cut off as the fire seeped into my skin. I tensed up defensively, but felt no pain. Instead, I felt calm and strong. It was as if the weight on my shoulders and my mind had been placed firmly in my hooves, rooting me to our desert home and solidifying my mine. No longer did my thoughts scurry and no longer did my heart worry. I was at ease and confident.

With shock, I turned my bright gaze to my brother, head tilted curiously. Although I knew he was the cause of this, I couldn't help but ask. "You did that?"

Image Credits