the Rift

[OPEN] Duty [New Edge Leads Competition]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had briefly returned to her home in the Aurora Basin, watching the moon wax and wane overhead. She was not entirely sure why they wanted her to assist in the choosing of the new World’s Edge leader, but she would do so. Was this their way of paying the Basin back? Letting them choose who was to rule the Moon God’s herd? If so, the gesture was kind, but neither she nor Deimos cared much for the forests, and he had more reason than she to give a damn. Regardless, she was good for her word, and a few days later, she traversed the snowy planes of the Steppe down into the forested mainland of Helovia.

Cloven hooves traversed the edge of the forest, unperturbed by the Moon Goddess’ residence. Though she felt anger and pain at the loss of her friends, there was little she could do. If her time was to come, dying at a god’s whim was as good as any other way, she imagined. Ophelia’s blood-dripped coat had wholly faded back to white, the pristine white unmarred by the droplets of burnt crimson that rained on her during the invasion. She had stood there, foolishly waiting for an opponent, but the battle for the Falls had been as poorly contested as the battle for the Foothills. The land was cursed; had to be.

A few, gentle-hearted souls felt mournful over the battle, and to them, she had only a sigh. Having faced similar demons, she discovered that she would not kill or stealth for monetary gain but for family. Your family was all that mattered, and no one else would care as much as you. In fact, this war could have possibly been avoided had the Falls’ recognized their lack of a true regime and stepped aside. Certainly, they were admirable for fighting for home, but so were those of the World’s Edge who wanted to escape the tyranny of the Moon.

At the end of the day, those who deserved to live, won. Ophelia would not lose sleep over such trivial matters. She learned early in life that you cannot please everyone; you have to do what is right for yourself and those you love. Earlier she had imparted this wisdom to Kahlua, and she hoped that somewhere, those words stuck. However, as she ventured into the trees, deeper than she had been before, she heard a subtle waver to the paint’s tones, one for which Ophelia struggled to find compassion. The Queen had done what was right for her family, and though she could be sad for losses, she should be proud of her well-considered plan and victory.

The Lady of the Aurora Basin came to stand beside Kahlua, hoping to be strength when her blue eyes met Ophelia’s strange ones. Tinek soared overhead, eagerly spiraling down to meet the feathered dragon and taking to trees farther away so as not to disturb his bonded. The silver offered her a kind chirp through their bond, and she returned the gesture with a simple thought of a color – a neutral, happy green. “We are here to honor the victory of the World’s Edge in attaining a new home for their kin, but we respect the bonds of the past and look forward to forging a new future,” she said firmly.

“The Falls had long since denied the Aurora Basin our offer of friendship, and we know that the land of the Earth is now under wise and good leadership. Archibald, a dear friend, will protect the land firmly while Kahlua and Kaj bring both wisdom and compassion to its citizens. A functioning herd requires all of these – a missing component leaves a weakness. We hope to find such rulers to honor the Moon Goddess and unite Helovia for the first time in all the four corners.” Ophelia was not entirely sure if she believed what she was saying. Peace in Helovia was preposterous and about as possible as the ocean’s tide flowing in reverse. But, together, they could only try. Hopefully, Kahlua would feel the same way.

“So come forward and answer the Queen’s questions honestly.” I will know if you lie…

So pale turns the innocence and all I feel is pain
Art by: nevermind @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Ophelia - 04-19-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM