the Rift

[OPEN] Duty [New Edge Leads Competition]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The unknown, unnamed sentry delivered his message, and Amaris heard it with keen ears. She knew this war was coming - had she not listened to Ghost speak with Gaucho about Midas and their Sleuth's disappearance? The girl knew what the whispers of war on the horizon sounded like, she had lived through one of her own, watched as her mother raised the alarm and sent her south with her uncle, who then had to fight on the sands of the Throat anyway, as war followed them south. Holding enemies hostage before the event was an offensive tact, a way to weaken your enemies so that you could stroll right into their home realm and make it your own without so much as a sneeze.

It did not leave a good taste in her mouth, this knowledge of war.

The girl understood the necessity for finding a home for the lost, the wandering. She understood the need for a group of outcasts, a band like the Qian and Grey had been, needing a home.

What she did not understand, was how they could turn their backs on a home they had shed so much blood for.

The Moon Goddess had possessed her leader, used his body to butcher and break the bodies and souls of others, as an example. What she had done was unspeakably cruel, yes, but she was a god, and despite it all - Amaris felt afraid for the repercussions of her abandonment.

The balance has shifted, she thought sadly, hurriedly, to her red spark of a companion. It has shifted, like it did when the Sun Lord torched the world, and it will take another great event to shift it back. She was flying, she didn't remember how she got into the skies, only that she was flying now, towards a land she would always know, and always call home. For it was her birthland, this forest of mists and fog, of wind and shadows. It was a land she could not help but know intimately.

It was a land she could not help but love, however dark and cruel its Goddess was.

The process of her landing and arriving was as boring as the process of her getting there - she was there, on time, ears pricked and mind keen, sharp for information on what was to become of these lands. The girl didn't quite realise she was entering on the scene that would decide who would lead the lands, who would be the one(s) to carry it forward, to prove to the world that they could live on despite the dark legacy the Moon Goddess had cast over them.

The dragonmare was not a girl any more, but a young lady, a woman grown. Curves were filling in upon her body, her golden scales shone with a brilliant glisten in the sun. With a pang of realisation, she wondered whether her mother would be here, taking the reigns of leadership once more, as she had before. But no - Mirage had come to her at the Throat, had explained all that happened in those wretched poisoned lands.. Somehow, Amaris felt the responsibility of the crown was to be shifted from her mother's care and onto another's this day - the question that remained, could it be hers?

Could it?

"I was born to these lands, these mists." Her voice was strong despite the doubt that tried to plague her. She was not a timid equine with dragon stains upon her - she was a queen of her draconic species, a royal creature who was now speaking in order to obtain her status across both shades of her hybrid blood. "I knew the shadows of the forest before I knew the kiss of sunlight upon my scales. I have come here today to know the outcome of the lands, to ensure they do not fall to disrepair because of the mistakes those with power have made in its name." Golden eyes looked, finally looked at the gathered, notably the painted form of Kahlua and the pale form of Ophelia. She knew them, she had met them both - the silver of Ophelia's was faintly familiar to her, from a time when she still sucked her mother's milk. But the young blue of Kahlua's was foreign, new, a hatchling. The girl breathed - normally she would extend a greeting to the dragons - but she was not speaking to the dragons and hoping for them to gift her with an entire realm.

So she simply made silent eye contact to them instead, and allowed her red companion to drop from the canopy above to join the winged ones. Its presence soothed her in ways she could not understand, but simply accept and carry on.

"My name is Amaris, and I hail from the Throat.

"I did not come here intending to contest for the leadership of the Edge. When the darkness poisoned the lands, and my mother went into them, I left Helovia with my father and sister. When I came back, I found Tandavi, my cousin, in the Throat, and I stayed with her, because she was all I thought I had left."
She did not know why she was telling them all of this, why it was relevant. But something within her urged her on. "Tandavi has been sent to look for something dear to her that was lost at the time of the great darkness. I love the Throat - they are my family - but the Edge is my birthland, my home." She emphasised the words that needed it, she pleaded with the gold in her eyes and the honey in her voice.

She was an open book - Ophelia could search her mind all she liked, she would see that there was honesty lit by a fire as brilliant as the Sun within her, not shrouded by darkness and shadow like that within the mind of her mother. Amaris was playful and kind, loving and devoted - she was everything her mother was but with a dragon's strength to mark her hide.

"Because of what I am -" and here, the dragonmare shuffled her wings, opening them, letting the morning light glitter upon her scales, "- I have been forced to grow up faster than the years I have lived, to realise what life is." Nostrils twitched as air passed through them, a pause in the speech she had not expected to give. "If you see me as fit, I will stand as Queen of the Edge as my mother once did. I will aim to restore the balance, the equilibrium of the world that has been tilted by these cosmic events. I love the Dragon's Throat as I love the herd that once occupied the Edge, those who now occupy the Falls. The Basin, I could learn to love in time if given the opportunity - I ask you to let me help you unite us all under this common goal of peace."

As her words finished, the dragon companion that accompanied her sung a small song, a seraphic chorus of hope and optimism - the young queen bowed her head to the crowd, having imparted her words upon them. Desire, and hope, that she did not realise was within her, rose up, blossomed within her, until it consumed her. Even should she fail here, she would work towards what she had said - a balance, an equilibrium. The world needed it.

Permission granted to mindrape as needed.
Amaris is offered up as Diplomatic Lead.

bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Arah - 04-23-2015, 11:47 PM