the Rift

[OPEN] Duty [New Edge Leads Competition]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

To say she was still angry was an understatement. She was still fuming from being displaced, and her hatred kept building up. Swears were made left and right about how she would never see them alive again. Sadly, as much as she wanted to let her mind loose, and to succumb to the dark side, she couldn't. The heart that beat in her chest was still fighting to keep itself alive. It would prod with gentle reminders about the children forced out alone, and the families and friendships torn apart. And for what? Apparently just the "safety" of a herd that was never in danger. It was a pathetic excuse in her mind, to run away from any land seemed like the easy way out. Being born to believe she had to fight for every right, her views could be rather narrow minded. So when news of the pickings of a new leader flew across Helovia, Elsa was displeased to hear it.

However, her displeasure was not in her hate. Instead it was embedded in the fact that this seemed to be the only way to keep everyone together. Rostislav, Kiara, Drom, Bellisma, all of them were out on their own. Even the children were run out. All had escaped before their parents. Vitani, Shida and Auriel (unbeknownst to Elsa) had all escaped by the end of the war. Edgar was especially worried about the lack of the twins presence. Since they were born, he had liked to keep watch over them. They were his responsibility, because they were Elsa's. In his mind, he acted as a second father, although he had no way of communicating with them.

Delving into her thoughts, Edgar plopped onto her head from the branches above. The urge for him to peck her forehead crossed his mind, but he found this to be better suited for a civil conversation. So instead, when she turned leave, he squawked the loudest goddamn noise she'd ever heard. Elsa cringed, flinging the bird from her head so he landed beside her with an ugly squeak. She knew he had a point, but did not want to return to where it all had started. Fool her once, shame on you, but fool her twice, and it is shame on herself. She knew the risks of even approaching one of them so close to the end of the war. The wounds of bitterness were fresh, and ran rampant in her blood. Elsa was beginning to think she was a glutton for punishment, because pain and rejection was all she knew. So, why not give it another go? The worse that could happen is she loses another eye and then is forced to blindly wander around in the wilderness. No biggie.

She took to the skies, her bonded wrapped tightly to her poll. The Edge was one of the places she rarely visited, if at all. The only thing she had done was graze the boarders in her travels. She had never actually been inside of the borders. As she glided overhead, she caught sight of the group, and the wondrous land below. How could one want to give up this place? It was far more impressive than the Hidden Falls. Their loss, she supposes.

Elsa descended to land a few meters away, eyeing the group before she approached. Had she made a horrible decision to come here? By the quick glance, all she could make out were her combatants. The one that caught her eye, was the other pale queen that she had fought twice. Once as a spar, the other as an enemy. Apparently, she seemed to be a lot more important than Elsa had predicted. Quietly, she made her way to the back of the group to listen to what they had to say. The first to speak was the painted mare, she had been in the invasion, but she had been too far away for Elsa to care. Quickly after, the pale unicorn spoke. She preached of peace, and Elsa wanted to laugh. The notion of peace in and of itself seemed to be nothing more than a naive dream. Did they not realize that they had just fought to kick people out? How on earth was that spreading the word of peace?

Yet, it did not matter for everyone began speak. Each providing their own strengths and weaknesses. Some valid in her opinion, while others were cliche words spewed in order to impress. Hopefully, these two decision makers were smart enough to know the difference. The first three to speak were all foreigners, two unicorns and a pegasus. Obviously, from either the Edge (well, Falls now) or the Basin. Great, so she had been the only one ballsy enough to come forward.

The voice that spoke next though, was one blatantly familiar. Turning to get a better look, she listened with shock as Rostislav spoke. Of all of them, she had expected him to take it the hardest. He seemed just as invested in their herd as Elsa was, if not more to a certain extent. Even Kiara showed up, the little medic that had the biggest heart in the world. They were both parents of the same child, if Elsa remembered. What was her name.. Vitani right? In a way, this set her at ease. Two others cared just as much as she did to show up. Both great picks in her mind, although Elsa was a little unimpressed at Kiara's talk of peace. Peace can be kept, but there is no way it can last forever. Hence why every herd she ever came across rooted their energy deep into their armies.

When the talking died down, Elsa stepped forward then, looking pointedly toward Ophelia. Besides Rostislav, she was the only one that had seen the other side of her. Maybe not the best of beings to rely on, but it was a start. "I am Elsa, for those of you who do not know me," she began, her voice level. There was a certain bitterness at the end that insinuated they had attack her without cause, but she couldn't contain it. It was the truth that there was still the deep wounds of anger and hate. Give her some credit though, she is trying her best to muscle through them. She'll give them the benefit of a doubt that they did not know of the rampant barbed beast that had taken her eye. "This lady knows of how I, and now how my brethren, fight." This way, they could not plead that they did not know their skills. Ophelia had watched her battle, and had taken some hits herself. "Although lacking numbers, we did manage to do some damage albeit minimum. All of us were nearly three to one, the stats against us before we began." It was a simple enough explanation, but the acid in her voice rose slightly. Edgar gently prodded her mind to remind her that she was not doing this for them, she was doing this for her family and for the sake of the Falls. Even if they were a misfit little group, she loved that family like her own, and it took her until now to realize that. They needed a home as much as the next person, and Elsa was not going to go beg Gaucho to harbor her while they figure out what to do. They needed stability now. "We have children with us that need a home, which is partly why I come," Her voice wavered a moment as she inhaled to calm herself down. Speaking in such a large crowd hadn't been done in a while. The last time she remembers doing this was just before she had to run, when all was nice and good. "We all have a skill set useful to you both. Which is why I think you should think about accepting an enemy to lead. The disbanded members, I believe, would feel far more comfortable being led by someone they can trust. That brings numbers, and numbers bring strength," with a nod, she motioned to both Ophelia and Kahlua. Obviously, that point had been proven, and there were no holes in her argument. "Not to mention, having the group under your wing would secure safety for a longer time. Driving us out will not help our bitterness, which I will not lie, is very prevalent. It also lessens the need for those of us outcasted to be driven to reclaim. In a sense, you'd be satiating the need for an uprising. What you do not realize about us, is that you don't really know us. So doing this would prove you wish to take a chance and mend things." Elsa was calmer, and more relaxed now. Edgar chirped in agreement from her head. She can clearly remember these words being spoke by her mother, in order to help mend the discord between rivaling bands. It had worked, but still some had come to kill her parents. However, it was much easier to catch one dissident than and entire armies worth of them. "I harbor skills in crafting, as well as in battle. The latter being my stronger suite thanks to the test of time." Stepping back, she fell silent against the crowd. It was a longshot, but she needed to give it one more try before she made anymore negative judgements. Now it was their turn to decide how to gain this peace they wish to have.

[Elsa will try for military lead. o.o of course mind looking is permitted. :)]
[edit;; to fix the table. ^^]

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Arah - 04-23-2015, 11:47 PM