Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The answers you seek,
Shall be yours,
Once I claim,
What is mine.

Of course I had returned.

Was it truly a surprise that I had taken this risk? Would those in competition for King find it appalling that I’d again sought to chain myself to the rushing of the sea of the curling of the mists? Or was this just another game, another show of power that would ultimately earn them a title they’d been seeking? As far as I was concerned, the World’s Edge was more than just a piece of land… it was more than entitlement.

I came only to fight for the peace that Mirage had once stood for. However, this time was different. This time I was older and wiser and… willing. I had been terrified when I first sat upon the throne; I had been a coward, unworthy of remembrance. The World’s Edge was my home… I wanted to serve her as I would any King or Queen. She was the beating of my heart…

"Would you stand by me, as my equal, my fellow WeyrLeader of the World's Edge?"-Mirage the DragonHeart

Of course any fool would kiss the earth for such an opportunity! Of course any fool would remain at her side, working diligently to protect what the Edge stood for. My past had shaped me and taught me to become the man I was today, and not without its natural hardships. I had fought for the Edge and I had fought for myself. I had learned more from the Moon Goddess’ land than any other- the Hidden Falls simply would not do. This was my chance to remember and to grow and to encourage those looking for the everlasting peace of this incredible place.

When I first arrived in the Threshold, it had been Mirage who invited me beneath her figurative wing. She had guided me and stimulated me to become more than I was- and I did. I chose to follow her and invite her family into my heart because it was something that I truly believed in. It was something I would always remember, not because of the power or the security, but because of the family I had come to embrace and love.

"My family is large, dark knight of winter, and not all are of them are bound by blood; but something deeper, something within."- Mirage the DragonHeart

Those memories kept me satisfied; they reminded me of why I had chosen the World’s Edge in the first place. Even now, as I moved against the curling of the mists and their gentle caress at my return, I knew that I had come back for a reason. This wonderful land had been lacking, it had been missing something so vital and otherworldly- it had been missing home.

When had the Edge been considered home since Mirage’s leave? It had been nothing but a shell of the land it once was and nothing other than a place to live and reside… Too many times had I heard those words since my return and too many times had I considered them less than substantial. I wanted the Edge to be a place that one grew and learned. I wanted it be a place that again made sense instead of war.

As I listened to the crashing of the waves and inhaled the sweet, salty brine that curved up from the sea… I knew. I knew that no one else would be able to honor the World’s Edge like I could. No one else would see the World’s Edge like I did. Even if I did not again claim its crown, I would remain… if only to reminiscence and live out my past in the quiet wood that had nurtured me since my youth.

I, Thor the GentleHeart, had come back to remember. I had come back to rule the World’s Edge.

When I had come to approach the gathering of hopefuls, with so many of them set of claiming the throne, I almost turned away. I thought about my inabilities and my insecurities. I was not strong and I was not young, but I was knowledgeable because the best of hearts had taught me to be otherwise. It was almost comical that Mirage was amongst them (thought I wouldn’t laugh at her presence by any means). In fact, upon seeing the little shadow-mare in my company, I couldn’t contain the smile that touched my lips. She too suffered from the hold that the Edge had on her… Surely they would understand my own quarrels concerning her next leader?

"My lips felt as though they were stretched and cracked and yet there was an echo of a feeling that made it all feel natural. I was home. I was HOME!

I was home…"
- Thor the GentleHeart

There were many faces that I’d seen and many that I had not. It appeared that greed was a ferocious thing that even mortals could not avoid… but when had I avoided greed myself? I recognized Ophelia and of course Mirage. I recognized the Dragonheart’s daughter and I knew Kahlua… but everyone else was a mystery. They held no bearing on my time in the Edge and therefore knew nothing of her. If I was wrong, then the Gods would find pity on their souls…

If they were favored members of the World’s Edge, then they would find their throne just as I hoped.

Though, they would also have me at their back... looking for room to displace them.

Friends! I come seeking your audience and your favor. I know many of you are here to discredit me and to trump my presence, but I look instead for your favor and your encouragement. I am Thor the GentleHeart. At one time, many years ago, I ruled this land alongside Mirage,” I stated almost breathlessly. “However, my youth was not helpful… it was not commendable. I return now seeking this throne- I return in order to restore the balance the World’s Edge once knew,” I stated evenly while turning my gaze to Mirage. She had only seen me a few moments upon her return, but this was different. I had grown. I had learned.

I don’t care about past rivalries- they will be amended. I don’t care about bad blood, because it will not be tolerated. These age-old conflicts will be forgotten because that is not the life I intend to lead. No matter the ruler and no matter his or her second, I will forever be a presence in your midst. I will forever put the World’s Edge above your selfish greed. I have come from battle and a battle that should not have occurred… I come seeking strength and security- of which I can make! This will not be a land of want and instead of land of absolute safety and development-,” I stated while looking to each individual with an honest look of understanding. “-and I don’t care about what the Moon Goddess has done to disrupt this land. The Edge has been a home to me and it has been a home to so many more for so long… I ask of you, Kahlua, to remember my servitude to you. I ask that you remember what I’ve done despite my prejudices. This land, because it is not just a land, deserves peace and justice. The sea and the wood and the mists… they are just as much a part of this land as its people. I will forever be devout to the World’s Edge, King or not! Though I ask that you see me! I ask that you remember me! I ask that you choose me.
Image Credits

OOC-- Sorry I forgot to mention that Thor would be Diplomatic and Phi magic is accepted.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM