the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

Her exceptional consumption of air all for the sake of 'chiding,' would amount only to a blank stare. To me, there was no point in standing around arguing about whether it was right or wrong to sleep in trees. I certainly didn't see the need to waste oxygen or further energy in upholding or justifying my presence in that beech to this know it all girl. Besides...there wasn't time to offer a rebuke even if I'd wanted to. No sooner had she finished scowling, the young thing took off on what she obviously assumes to be a perfectly reasonable explanation/answer to my disbelief. I'm treated to continue standing by like a newborn, ears drinking (or rather drowning) in her words.

Considering my ignorance of this land, its culture, ect -- this mind only manages to understand a small portion of all that was said. Most (all) of her attempts to clarify, only provide kindling and fuel for yet more questions. There is a solid ache forming within the deepest retreats; the beginning of a slight twitch that would eventually increase to a throb -- the first step of a migraine. A soft shake sends the orangeburst silk flying across my brim, those stray locks fall to mask further befuddlement. The feathers on either side twitch, (forgetful of the bruise that was slowly forming beneath their weight,) nearly reacting on impulse to speed off as my knowledgeable company offers to provide an example, "N-," the word dies on my tongue as this crown rises to see her stare averted off.

I steal a glance at the clear heaven above and feel a surge of confidence rise above my fear. These wings could easily out pace most tweeter birds. Right? This newfound comfort was slightly dented when from the loins of earth she fashioned two great beasts; who look like a cross between bat and lizard - neither of which were like a creature I'd ever seen before. Both brows draw themselves taunt -- my jaw remains open, frozen on an unfinished word. These eyes follow their motions with awestruck shock; I didn't bother asking what they are...not when I was still trying to grasp the notion that they are.

Both gems rotate between the two harpies. Magic, she called it. This jaw shuts like a claw trap, "Magic?" I gave this creature and her crew my unflinching attention. All the while taking a noticeable step in reverse; this was stuff straight from a colt tale. "Y-your...a..a.. witch?" Long ago Momma had told me stories about innocent looking individuals who gain immortality by consuming the flesh of their kin -- they are rumored to have special abilities.

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Isopia]
OOC: sorry it took so long -_-.... I'm slow and he's wordy

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM