the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to"live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
His confirmation caused her head to bob gently in recognition that she had been right. It didn't surprise her - all of her assumptions and premises had led her to the correct conclusion, and now that she knew the truth, she didn't find the subject interesting any more. She didn't bother to ask, where are you from? or how are you enjoying it here, or even, is there anything about these lands you need to know? - as others might have. Her mother certainly would have, but social confirmation and politeness were out of the girl's reach. They seemed so utterly pointless. If he wanted to know, he could ask.

As his attention was drawn to the magic visibly creeping up her legs, she shook her head decisvely once.

"No I can't." She responded, her voice distant and clearly un-bothered by the fear that had crept into his. However her golden gaze did dip lower, watching as the beginning of a vine and ivy sprouted around her knee and continued up to her chest. The sight of it made her smile. Her magic alone allowed her to witness nature in full speed. Watching grass grow was meant to signal a boring task, or one which couldn't be watched. But here she could. On her own limbs she could watch it grow - and with haste and beauty. The girl smiled, and then, remembering Camon's statement, became frustrated. It wasn't as if it was growing on him, so what did it matter?

"This type of magic is in my blood. The other kind - with the water - I can control. But this ... this just happens to me anytime I stand still. You see -" Raising a forelimb, all of the accumulated greenery promptly fell off in a lump around her hooves. Yet as she set her hoof back onto the ground, it immediately turned to dirt and the process began anew.

Shrugging her blood splattered shouldered, she returned her gaze to the hybrid. "Just because it's new doesn't mean it should bother you. Not understanding something isn't a reason to avoid it." She advised, her tone academic and bordering on condescending.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 05-24-2015, 09:51 PM