the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

An agitated snort for this little ray of mystical sunshine fans these nostrils apart. Her talents and manner of wielding them are distracting my miniscule desire to ask any further questions, not to mention it was still frightening my unsure nerve. "Uh." Was all response those bored remarks deserve, I was bold enough to wonder if she'd be offended by a sarcastic lash -- then instantly (wisely) decided against it. Seeing as those bat things still lurked on either side. "Guess your pretty d-... special..." Hooray for you. My forelegs unhitch, they tremble but grow firm by will. I didn't grace that last statement with an immediate response -- Miss Special, could have the damn tree and all the grass below it.

I'd already exceeded my personal expectations for this conversation. Purposely this frame shifts, pivoting in the completely opposite direction of the girl, "Good luck with..." Good luck with what? My mind chucks out a poorly handled reply that mimicked her callus way of address, "Life." All ivory feathers tighten against sore ribs. I'd almost forgotten about that... with fearborn reluctance these lungs draw a shaky breath and turn my eyes away. Leaving this witch who wasn't really a witch to peer at the distant treeline.

Later, when my heel prints are miles from here (and her) -- this whole adventure would have felt like a dream, one I'd find the courage to laugh at. Cackle at the foolish fear of a child and her tricks, ride it off as the excuberant fantasy's of a tired gypsy. Surely none of it had been real. Surely. That is the bull this brain would fabricate as it tried to convince itself out of a hole. But this heart would known the truth, and tonight I'd dream of her. The silken blood stained cloak she wore and its unusual decor. Those gilden horns and the calculating mask worn as either a wall or inability to feel empathy. My midnight scape would be filled with random mud beasts of every shape and size -- some as small as a blade of grass and others (the nameless ones) towering above the mighty elder red oak.

But for now.

Walking away....before anything else can happen.

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Isopia] - feel free to stop him if ya want ;) otherwise camon out

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM