the Rift

[PRIVATE] Strings & ceiling wax & other fancy stuff

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
I'm the end of a Hitchcock movie; a little dark and a lot confusing.

Zero was so excited. She could practically feel the enthusiasm wafting towards her. It made her want to pull away. She had never experienced anything even remotely like what she pictured him to be feeling now. She didn't enjoy things the way that he did, she simply wasn't capable. Standing there, on a bridge of her own construction, having found a whale (which seemed an absurdly hard task to begin with), made her feel nothing. Nothing at all. If it weren't for the opportunity to learn her name from a creature she regarded as much more knowledgeable than she, she could have taken to the sky without a moments notice. It was only Zero who was tying her here - Zero, and her desire to not disappoint him. For she knew that if he could see the darkness inside of her, he would run. Or try to fill it. Both options seemed equally terrifying.

Zero's joke about height brought an uneasy smile to her lips, which quickly froze as his skin once again found her own. She couldn't tell if the boy had leaned into her intentionally, or whether his excitement had finally gotten the best of him, but either way it had the same time-slowing power that his last embrace had. She felt fluttery, cold and hot, confused and empty. Please stop.. her mind begged silently, as the girl's gaze remained blindly fixed on the whale. I don't know what it means ... Then he was gone, and the emptiness took over once again.

"Ait-" Aithniel. Her delicate ashen friend flooded her vision and the girl could feel her mind relax into something it knew. "-my cousin-" She continued, "Said she just knew her name. I've never found anything like that ... I know my purpose here ... to bring balance to the world. I know to do that I require more understanding, more knowledge of it. I seek out wisdom wherever I can find it, listening to the philosophies of others and correcting them when I can. It's the only thing that I am certain of and yet ... I don't know my name."

The girl felt silent, feeling as though even know the purpose of this little quest was to find her name, that she had somehow stolen Zero's thunder. He was clearly so impressed with the whale, that she almost felt as though she should give the two a moment. Some part of her, unmotivated by actual emotions, wanted to please him - wanted to keep him in a perpetual state of everything is great. She didn't know why - it wasn't caused by any sort of rationality that she could find, but it was there nonetheless. A weight in her chest.

@[Zèklè]

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strings & ceiling wax & other fancy stuff - by Isopia - 05-28-2015, 11:56 AM