the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lessons Loved And Learned

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

The sun is not even a rumor in the sky before I wake. There is much to do, for today was a day I had been looking forward to for some time now. With haste I roused Azeeza from her slumber, cooing sweet apologies to the disgruntled chick before sweeping her up, settling her down on the feather-dusted space between my wings. Once she is nestled down, her little claws securely gripping my feathers, I take to the sky. As ever, since she hatched, I flew carefully, taking the gentlest and softest air currents I could find. Today was a busy day.

------

Azee grows more and more excited as I approach the Oasis. I was bringing her for the first time to meet two of my four(possibly five) children, and brought...other things as well. I needed a good day, a day spent solely with my children. Earlier than the norm I woke, rushing through my duties to finish before the sun fully left the sky.

And here I stood, the water of the oasis lapping at my hooves, the sun just beginning to warm the sands, chasing away the iciness of the night. I lower my head, letting Azeeza down onto the sand below, where she trembles in excitement, before I raise my head high. "HERTZ! AAKESH!"

I bellow, calling for my eldest sons, my words ringing out into the summer dawn. Today would be about them, about trying to bond with them. I had been planning and looking forward to this day for a long time now, only reason I had not done this earlier was because I had been searching for things.

But now I was ready.

Now I was ready to be a father.

@[Aakesh] @[Hertz]

SORRY ABOUT THE TAGGING. Forgot to switch accounts
Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me...
My revolution sets me free...
credits :: table

Pixel by Aud

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

HERTZ
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

Go to bed early, wake up early. At this point in my life, that was my routine, maybe one day it would be more along the lines of go to bed late never and wake up early. I would be too busy trying to win over the beautiful Isara to sleep properly, and if it wasn't Isara then it would be one of the many other females that would one day capture my attention, but for now all of it was focused on the pretty painted filly with the large wings. The ghost of a smile crept across my navy features while I rested in my sandy nest, baby blues watching the sky as it changed colors.
Each color seemed to go along with the hues of my own pelt, a deep and dark navy to a much brighter one before everything turned shades of red and orange, the only coloring I was missing out on was the bright pink. But gods was I glad that I wasn't pink! It looked good on ma not so much on a boy. Navy harks flicked restlessly on top of my lightening struck skull as I wondered what excitement the day would have for me and Aakesh as I nodded off to sleep once again, lulled by the sound of the crickets chirping in the coolness of dawn.

--

"HERTZ! AAKESH!" The bellowing call of my father broke through my napping, interrupting the dream of thunder storms and fires, bringing me rushing back to the real world where everything was bright and starting to warm up again. Navy rimmed harks flicked back and forth then forwards once more as I easily pulled myself up from the warm sand, shaking to remove the grains that had decided to dig into my pelt as I slept. Long limbs moved my body forwards as a dark stained muzzle lowered to tap my brother's shoulder in hopes to wake him up as well.

Dad needed us for something.

Probably something stupid, like chores.

Ears flicked back into my bed head as banded wings tucked in close to my slender ribcage, making my canter to where my father's call had came from so much easier. I skidded to a halt when the black and gold stallion was before me, a sheet of sand crashed in front of me and instantly I prayed I had stopped a little bit further away from my father, surely he would be mad if I had managed to coat him in the itchy grains. A childish giggle escaped from dark stained lips as I watched the last few grains hit the ground before baby blues turned to Bucephalus and the strange fuzzy creature that was on the ground before him. "Mornin' dad!"

I was super curious as to what the winged stallion wanted from us, but I suppose I had to wait until Aakesh decided to join us before I would get to find out.

"speech"
Tag;; @[]
WordCount;;
Notes;;

Aakesh Posts: 16
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
Adoptable

Unlike his brother Aakesh had very little trouble sleeping through the night. He could sleep all day if Hertz and Alija would let him. Dreams of sand and rain filled his young mind. He laughed and skipped through the desert until the sand grew slick. He slipped to the ground with a massive puff of air the colt jumped. Tiny black ears pricked as grey eyes flew open looking at the sunrise. Shifting his focus to the navy boy still snoozing beside him. Ebony kissers lifted warmly before his growing body jolted again as a familiar voice boomed around them. Panting as his pounding heart worked it's way back down from it's hiding spot, in his throat. Welcoming Hertz's soft touch using it to relax from the two scares he had already felt this morning.

Throwing long legs out the boy stood and shook himself as well watching the small cloud of itchy grains puff away. Yawning broadly the colt trotted after his brother before laughing and cantering smoothly passed him. Everything was always a competition between the two boys. Laughter peeled from him as neared their father. Skidding to a halt in front of his golden fleck father Aakesh smiled brightly watching the sheet of sand him and his brother sent flying towards Buce. "Hi Dad!" Steel eyes caught sight of the fuzzy creature and his tender muzzle slowly dipped towards the small being. "Hello there fluffy! What is it Dad?" Sniffing curiously at the white ball of feathers his handsome purple spotted head tilted happily.

------------------------------------------------
talk Thoughts
Words; 257
Notes; So sorry about how long this took!! @[Bucephalus] @[Hertz]

Danger? Hah!
I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry
Please tag Aakesh

[Image: comm_aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24aj.png]

[Image: aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24ke.png] Both pixels by Aud!

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

My sons arrive in flurries of blue and purple-black, both so big already... Time seemed to fly by, leaving me behind. I almost wanted to shove the two back into their tiny newborn bodies... I wasn't ready for them to grow, but it was nature's way. Azeeza picks up on my melancholy, and...

SHIT

I jump, feeling the chick's beak yank out a hair or two of the light feathering on my feet, definitely banishing the negative emotions. Such positive reinforcement, wow. I frown at her, then smirk and drop my head, nudging her just enough to roll her onto her back. That would keep her occupied for a while. So while my bonded flails around like a turtle(reveeeeenge), I return my attention to my sons.

"That, Aakesh, is Azeeza." I glance down at the chick, who managed to make it back onto her feet, our little...bickering(was that a good word for it?) forgotten in the face of something strange, and she moves closer to my foot, leaning against me. "She is called a companion, her egg hatched for me a week or so past."

I look back to my sons, then shift my weight, settling with one ankle cocked. "I have gifts for the two of you." I smile, watching them in amusement, gauging their reactions. In the back of my mind I fretted; what if they did not like their gifts? What if Hertz grew jealous because his brother got the larger one? Gah! How mothers dealt with things like this on a daily basis... They had my full, utter, complete(really how many times do I need to say the same word?) sympathy.

I move away from them, towards a bush I had hidden the clumps of leather. I pick the largest pile, Aakesh's, up, and Azeeza drags Hertz's as we return to my children. I place the pile of glowing leather before Aakesh, then take the smaller gift from Azeeza and place it in front of Hertz. "Aakesh, I'm giving you my bags. I've less need of it, and perhaps you shall find use in all it's various pockets." Azeeza was too big now to fit in the chest pouches, and all my things could fit in my new satchel.

I look to Hertz, ears pricked. "And you I give a sheath. I'd give you a blade to go with it... but I suspect Alija would have my head on a platter for that." He grinned, then reached down and brushed his muzzle over both of their heads. "But! I also have a few lessons I wish to teach you two while I have you." He grinned, then in a playful move swiped up the leather gifts and pranced off a bit, looking back at them, obviously waiting for them to follow. If they wanted their prizes, they would have to earn them.

@[Hertz] @[Aakesh]

Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me...
My revolution sets me free...
credits :: table

Pixel by Aud

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

HERTZ
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

It didn't take long at all for my brother and I to appear in front of the black and gold, our little race cutting the distance down as we each tried to pull ahead of the other until the finish line was crossed. While Aakesh noticed the strange little bird right away, my mind was elsewhere, skipping through the sands eagerly to find the painted frame of the beautiful Isara. Daydreams only interrupted by the sound of my purple brother's words, "Hello there fluffy! What is it Dad?" as he spoke my baby blues turned towards the ball of pale feathers that he was sniffing and instantly curiosity smacked me across the face.
A companion? Da had a companion?! How lucky! I hoped one day I would be lucky enough to find the smooth surface of an egg that would hatch and bond to my very soul. Not that I really knew what it meant to have a companion at this age it was more just a friend that would constantly be there to play with when I couldn't find anyone else. A snort blasted through my navy paper thins as I took a half step closer to my brother and the ball of feathers, bumping it gently while a broad smile stretched across my features and Bucephalus began to speak once again. "I have gifts for the two of you." Instantly the chick was forgotten as the idea of presents trickled into my childish mind.
Taking a step away from the small bird I wondered what it was that our father had in store for us today. Navy harks flicked forwards as I watched the older stallion and the small bird move across the sands to a bush where leather lumps were pulled back towards the two of us. "Aakesh, I'm giving you my bags. I've less need of it, and perhaps you shall find use in all it's various pockets. And you I give a sheath. I'd give you a blade to go with it... but I suspect Alija would have my head on a platter for that." Bucephalus spoke to each of us in turn, explaining the use of our awesome new presents. Blues widened with excitement as I thought of all the things I could put in the small leg strap until I came across something that would work as a dagger, although Aakesh got the larger of the two presents, I was thankful for the smaller present. The leg strap would always be useful and I didn't see it ever getting in the way as the many straps and bags of the leather harness would. Being that strapped wouldn't be useful in any sort of fighting, but the leg band could hide some kind of weapon to be used. A grin spread wider across my navy and colbalt features while the stallion brushed his rosy muzzle across both of our crowns before reaching down to snag up the presents another string of words tried to escape through clamped teeth. "But! I also have a few lessons I wish to teach you two while I have you." As soon as the words stopped the black and gold took off in the other direction, stopping only momentarily to look over his shoulder to make sure we were following.
With a squeal of excitement I took off after our father, curious as to what we would have to do in order to receive these wonderful presents he had just shown us.

"speech"
Tag;; @[Aakesh]
WordCount;; 583
Notes;; ahhh sorry this took forever

Please tag me in all posts!

Aakesh Posts: 16
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
Adoptable

The boy smiles brightly turning steel blue eyes up towards his father before looking back at the squirming chick. Laughter bubbles from light purple spotted lips before a soft warm look replaces the laughter. She seemed to be wary of him, so to ease her mind he cooed softly like he had heard the birds do to each other. So this was a companion! "She is very pretty Father." He paused to soften his voice, "Azeeza, I wont hurt you I promise." The colt smiled softly before stepping back to gaze between his father and brother. He wasn't jealous that the black and golden stallion had a companion, but meeting one made him want one as well. He wanted everything his father had. Power, a family, a companion, and crafting powers. He hadn't ever seen him use the powers, but Alija had told him about them.

Ears and attention flew towards the stallion. 'Gifts! Sweet!' Prancing in place with excitement he watched the stud move towards the bushes. Anticipation bubbled in his purple spotted heart. What did his father have for the two of them? Steely eyes widened with wonder as he listened intently. Nose dropped instantly to sniff the glimmering bags. They smelled wondrous; leather, mixed with Buce's, and Azeeza's scents. His smile flashed brilliantly in the sun light. That is until he saw Hertz was getting the smaller of the two presents. "Hertz, I can carry some stuff for you if you ever need me to, and you can borrow it if you want!" Raising his handsome head up high he watched the navy boy. There wasn't anything that matched brotherly love, and he was proud to have such an amazing brother.

Turning back to his father reaching up to try and press his refined muzzle to the black's cheek. "Thank you Father, they are wonderful gifts!" Giggles erupted from large nostrils when Buce pranced off with the gifts. He squealed with his brother and raced ahead bucking once he was clear of the small family. Sure he had no idea where they were going, but that didn't matter right now. He bucked as laughter peeled from him in short excited bursts. Even around the pur joy of being with his family, Aakesh was eager to learn whatever Buce had in store for them. Learning was something he lusted after. He wanted to be the smartest colt in his sandy home.

------------------------------------------------
talk Thoughts Alija
Words; 403
Notes; Sorry it took so long!
Tags; Taging @[Hertz] and @[Bucephalus]

Danger? Hah!
I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry
Please tag Aakesh

[Image: comm_aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24aj.png]

[Image: aakesh_by_oddmountain-d8h24ke.png] Both pixels by Aud!