the Rift

Have I Found My Lands of Forever?

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

She could tell by the faint gestures on the chestnut mare's face that she had surprised Cheveyo and surely she must be left wondering what exactly her intentions were. Simply put, she didn't think it was right to invite someone into the homeland when everything was so unstable. Even when Cheveyo made the effort to offer the Edge in her stead, Leeka couldn't make herself agree with the sentiment. The Edge was about peace and sanctuary...and it had betrayed that concept thanks to the Moon Goddess. What kind of place was that to introduce to someone? The Edge wasn't what it used to be and it was uncertain as to what it was to become. Not even Kahlua, their...former Queen would be staying behind to guide it in the coming days. The new leadership of the Edge had yet to be decided but the days till that choice were waning. Not even those who had called it home remained behind to influence its revival. Everything was on shifting ground.

Maybe, in time, if things came together again like they were, then – and only then– she would preach about their home proudly...but not today.

Leeka could not see clearly what the future held. She could not see the path to rebuild what was lost and feared what might be created from the fragments.

Could she be blamed for her doubt?

In return, Leeka offered a solemn smile back at Cheveyo as the mare's head tilted, doubtlessly in question. It is the right choice. She almost made a motion as if to speak and explain herself but the action was interrupted when another voice broke out into the air, announcing the arrival of yet someone else. Someone else that she found herself almost instantaneously disliking.

It could be admired how concise this 'Colt' was with her introduction and her brash manner forgiven, but Leeka's ears slowly pinned themselves toward the back of her skull as her attention fixated particularly on one line of Colt's speech. ' Just know, we do not take the weak or sickly, and those unfit to fight will not be accepted.'

What sort of demographic was that? After the 'war' with the Hidden Falls Leeka had had her cut of fighting, whatever the reasons. To her, the same could have been achieved if they had just asked or moved into an unoccupied part of the Wilds but she could not undo what has been done. To find that there was a group out there with apparent focus on this, well needless to say it hit a sore spot and raised her suspicions. She could of course just be thinking the worst. Outcast bands were odd, as far as she understood them. They weren't quite like herds and varied wildly in their purposes. This interest in fighting could be little more then a sparring club, but the roan's words implied a less then innocent intent. Colt had after all divulged nothing of her band and simply stated that she couldn't trust them unless they showed interest. It left one to wonder why'd she'd be elusive like this, perhaps it was just a pitching strategy? Whatever the case Leeka intended to use her 'invitation'. Karalius seemed to share a similar thought as well.

" I'm not against listening, either." If only to warn others of you in the future, if need be." I've always wondered at the lives of outcasts, if that's what you like to call yourselves." Who knows, if things in the Edge continue as they are....she...might have to be one. How she prayed for that not to happen.

________

"Speaking"
Thoughts
@[Karalius]
@[Cheveyo]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM