the Rift

Debris

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Snap.

Crackle.

Pop.

Against the dark night sky the orb shone like a beacon of hope. The strangest noises seemed to surround the burning light; a crackling, fizzing, bursting, whispering. Sitting out in the middle of the ocean with nothing surrounding it, the light is simply existing there, sitting above each wave that broke the surface of the sea. It is about nine feet out, looking almost innocent.
The orb seemed to float just above the rolling waves, however on closer inspection one would see that it is actually reseted upon a medium sized platform that is almost completely see-through. Encasing the entire unusual and frankly bizarre sight is electrical sparks, each appear run on a continuous loop around the orb and platform..

Fizzle.

Hiss.

Crash.

Within the enclosure time is frozen.

Fish underneath the platform are paused in time, one half out of the water as it leapt for the sky. A bird that had clearly been attracted to the light stares blankly down at the magic, it's ruffled body still soaring through the air. A wave crashes around the enclosure, only few water droplets are allowed into the orb where they become captured within the bubble, frozen. The fish, birds and even water droplets have had their destiny changed within the blink of an eye.

CRACK

The lightening has begun to escape it's prison! Each strand lashes out into the open air at random times. Behind it the orb's light flickers once...twice...thrice before holding steady again. With each crackle of lightening that the orb burning light expels the weaker the it becomes. The magic inside the orb relies on it for life, should the orb die so will the magic!
It is as if they have been awakened from a long sleep; the beings within the timeless bubble begin to move. Some may miss this movement however, it is so stagnant, so painstakingly slow. With each second that passes, the more the light begins to flicker, time is running out!

BOOM

Hurry.

The magic is contained within the orb, however with each passing second and the more lightening the orb expels, the weaker it becomes. If it is not reached and claimed soon the orb will loose it's energy and die, causing the magic inside it to be lost forever.

Your character must attempt to reach the orb before this happens!

This is a Spark/Time magic drop!
You have 72 hours to respond.
You must include your wishlist, prior refusals and the magic you seek in your first post to be considered.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA

Hello world, you goddam beautiful son of a bitch. I don't have a home now, but let my ass get struck my lightning if I let that get me down.

Oh look.

Lightning.

I was here to you know, wash away all of my sins or whatever the dick kids called getting drunk and skinny dipping these days, when I saw it. Well, Princess saw it first actually. He's such a good boy, you know. Alerting me with a deep and resonant bark, my beloved hellhound trotted forward. Following suit, I saw it. It was like the holy grail of awesomeness. A fucking glowstick emanating electricity.

"Cool.." I whispered to Princess as I moved towards the waters edge. Was I hallucinating? Was this how Da felt, unable to tell the difference between dreams and reality? Had that big fucker who invaded our home knocked my ass out? Was I in a coma? It made a little bit of sense. I mean, how else would there be a ball of light just sitting above the water like that -

flash. flash. flash.

Dude. Who the fuck cares. Even if this is a dream, I'm in. I'm so in.

The water touches my hooves and splashes up to my knees but I ignore it. What's a little cold water compared to a fucking glowing ball of power. Priorities yo, I've got them. Do you? On the beach, Princess whines. He is far less convinced of the plan that is formulating in my mind. "Stop being such a little bitch and sit your ass down darling. This is gonna be the bees tits." I instruct lovingly, not taking my eyes off the orb.

Focusing my steely gaze on the sparks and lightning as they escape the orb, I concentrate. I can feel the feeling rising in me, hot and fast. "Oh yeahhhh-" I mumble as the ball continues to spark, dying. "You like that? I bet you do. I bet you like it hot and hard. I bet you like MOTHER FUCKING EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" As the words leave my lips, I aim three explosions near the orb, sort of like a triangle.

I figure if it's losing power, this will help jump start it. Hold on to your sippycups kids, I got this.

Unsurprisingly Shida shoots explosions towards the orb.
Wishlist.
Wants: Magic :: Shock (U) | Can create explosions.
Restrictions | Limited to a radius of 30 ft.

no prior refusals.

Coding by Tamme. Image here

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The magic draws her. She, storm queen, beckoned by the lightning that sings to her like a beacon. Her ears flex above her head as the silver soldier moves at a steady trot towards the itch, the tingle of static in her skin that tugs her existing magic and threatens to pull it out of her. Dominus struts beside her, his tail lashing behind him as he prowls with predatory grace across the sand, drawn like his bonded by the begging of the storm.

They arrive as a duo, and take in the sight with impassioned eyes. An orb, nearly ten feet out in the water - too deep to swim, perhaps? The waves thrash against the shore and Nyx muses for a moment on quite how to access the sizzling speckle of splendour. She soon realises she is not alone; a hybrid filly with an expletive-laden voice launches explosions in the general direction of the orb, and Nyx winces in anticipation of the whole thing going kaboom. "Because clearly launching an explosion at an already volatile orb of sizzling death is a fantastic idea," intones the mare dryly, amusement alight in her electic gaze. What a delightfully violent little lady this is!

But what other way is there to reach the orb? Her own magic is useless right now. Dominus, momentarily sidetracked by eyeing the nearby hellhound, looks to the orb too, and they pool their combined thoughts. How? She has no wings, so she will have to use her brain. She knows a lot of lighting, of electric currents, and an idea comes to her. She pivots where she stands, presenting the orb with her rump, and cocks her neck around to focus on it with a gunslinger's squinted eyes. With a huff she flicks her back legs out and up, her hooves slamming into several pebbles and kicking them across the water. It's quite a distance to reach, but Nyx fancies her backside to be both magnificently sexy and powerful - but just to make sure she has a few tries at it, kicking dozens of stones in the direction of the orb. She hopes that the force of them hitting it will awaken what lies within and spark some life back into it.

Because Nyx logic says explosions are silly but stones are just peachy.

-----
Nyx kicks pebbles at the orb to try and dislodge it/awaken it.
wishlist
[ Magic: Shock x Water | Ability to electrify the water within other's bodies, causing considerable pain and/or temporary paralysis. More extreme effects could involve disrupting brain fuction due to the electricity, but this would have to be with the player's permission. ]

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Helovian Ancient
As the water, ground and only god knows what else explodes around the orb it’s electric field shimmers and grows brighter, sucking in energy and expelling more lightning than ever before. Shida hasn’t just jump started the orb, she has fed it. From the orb the lightening expulsions become more erratic - more powerful as well.

BOOM.

CRACK.

SNAP.

It wants more.

Suddenly the lightening begins to weave together, growing in size and strength- it shoots out across the water towards Shida and captures the young girl. It's light holds the girl in place, an iron strong grip. It is desperate for more, hungry for whatever Shida had just provided it with. The beams lift her up above the waves and then pull her towards the orb. While this is undoubtedly terrifying (for the sane minded) the beams are not painful, instead they are a light tickling sensation against the skin. Yet as Shida approaches the orb it is getting ready for more of her gifts- the same as a blood thirsty beast might be when it finally caught it's prey. The beams, however, become weaker as they approach the orb; it's grip on the girl is almost completely gone as they arrive at the orb.

POP.

Frizzle.

Cru...nnn...cchhhh...

As Shida enters the orb she also becomes effected by the slowed time, everything except the mind is almost frozen. The lightening strands that had picked her up had now dropped her the second they entered the orb, returning to the centre of the orb where the magic is. If she was watching she would have noticed the way the lightening was expelled from the orb the moment it touched the glowing mass. If she could just touch the mass, even for a second, it might do her the same favour.
This might be Shida's escape.
The orb wants more of her explosions, more of her power, perhaps she can use this to her advantage?
She must fight against the delayed time and reach the centre of the orb to hopefully find a way out of this mess.

Shida must fight against the slowed time to try and reach the centre of the orb where the magic is contained.

Nyx posted out of the time limit and has been eliminated. This does not count as a refusal.
There is no longer a time limit as Shida is now the only entrant.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA

I'm not surprised that someone else shows up. I bet they feel the blue-hot pull of the magic in their bones too. I glance to the side to see who my competition will be, and snort. Some unicorn broad with a white lion. Nice outfits ladies. Did you pick those out yourselves, or did you just happen to wake up matching this morning. I roll my eyes as she speaks to me. "The fuck do you know about it?" I snap back, my tail flicking against my hocks. Bitch, I know about shit like this. I know this fucking orb is gonna take what I am giving it and love it. "Nice cat." I conclude with a smirk. At my heels, Princess snarls and agrees. He gives the abnormally small lion a once over, before deciding it probably wouldn't taste very good anyways.

As the orb begins to grow brighter, I sneer towards Nyx. "Toldja-" I begin, but instantly the smile droops of my face.

"Oh shi---------------"

Sure just fucking beam me up Scotty I think, and am mildly surprised that I have time for sarcasm as I am whisked across the mother fucking water, by some startrek hocus pocus shit. Use the force Harry! Throw the orb into Mount Doom. Live long and prosper. Fuck I don't know.

"W"__" h"____" a"____" t"_____________"
t"____" h"____" e"___________________"
d"_________" i"_________" c"_______________" k"___________" ?"

My lips aren't moving. Okay, they are just really fucking slowly. I sound like i'm talking in slow motion, out of my ass, under water. WHAT THE DICK IS THIS. I glare at the bright light in the center of the orb, and mean to spit at it. Only had I given that decision even a seconds thought, I would have realized what a poor decision it was. Without the ability to project the spit, due to the slowed time, it merely dribbled oh so elegantly down my chin, landing on my hoof.

Fuck. This. Game.

Let old sugar tits and her pussy on the shoreline deal with this nonsense. I am out.

But where is out and how do I get there?

Fuck it. I know the answer. It's the same answer as always.

MOTHER.

FUCKING.

EXPLOSIONS

I might not be moving too quickly, but this ball of shit certainly seemed to like being zapped before. I don't know if magic is temporal or what, but it's worth a try. In fact, I might be able to kill two birds with one stone. I decide to focus my explosions just behind me. I hope that i'll simultaneously satisfy this ball of god knows what, and also propel my ass forward. I noticed how the lightning got expelled from the center, and I figure I'd rather be exploded than live for another second inside a world where I sound like a retarded whale.

Here goes nothing.

I feel the magic leave my system and promptly shut my eyes.

This will either go very good, or very poorly.

Shida causes an explosion behind herself, to try and use the force of the explosion to shove her forward, and satisfy the orbs need for her magic at the same time.

Coding by Tamme. Image here

Helovian Ancient
…BOOM…

…Shida’s magic explodes behind her…

…CRACK…

…The orb is feeding on the energy…

…BANG…

...All around the force from the explosion builds...

....SNAP...

SHIDA IS PROPELLED FORWARDS INTO THE MAGIC.

The orb has sucked in far too much power and time now begins to speed up! Everything is happening so quickly. As Shida soars through the sped up time, the orb is crackling, sparking and fizzing out- OVERLOAD.

SYSTEM OVER LOAD.

The orb begins to expel lightening more erratically than ever before! Meanwhile Shida’s entire body is thrown into the center of the orb! The magic contained within begins to connect with her, choosing her over the continued imprisonment within the quickly dying orb. Meanwhile the beings that had been frozen in time are released, allowed to finally be free and escape what would have been a slow existence.

Without the backing of the magic and more feeding from Shida, the orb's power grows weaker by the second. Until finally;

…BOOOOOOOOOOM…

The entire orb explodes!! A tidal wave of water rushes towards the beach while the lightening reaches it's peak and cracks one last time. Shida is the last thing to be ejected from the orb. She is sent flying into the water and as she is flying like a bird, the rest of the power from the orb drains away and dies.

It is no more.

Congratulations Shida!
You know the drill, post in updates ;D