the Rift

[OPEN] Where Life Starts Anew

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

My egg had hatched praise the Gods. In the meadow I had given my thanks and promise to Lena. Should she ever find herself in a place of need I am in her debt. Gladly so!

Every breath that I take is fresh. Each time my lungs draw in the air seems to be new. Surely my heart itself must have been wiped clean and made into a blank slate; it beats in what seems to be an all new rhythm. My life had nearly ended yet in this moment I feel more fresh than ever before.

I have been making my way towards the Secret Grove. Most of my dearest memories have been made in the grove and I want to make some of Anka's first memories in it also. There is no need for a fortune teller in order to know that the place will remain a special one throughout my life.

The softest of chirps tickle my throat as Anka's paws unintentionally preen my feathers. Why does it not feel as fantastic whenever I do it myself?

I am startled by the sound of Anka's voice in my head. My nostrils flare and my eyes widen. Even my steps, that have faltered only come nightfall, come to an abrupt halt as I take a moment to process what has happened.

The feeling of the otter's weight leaving my back fills me with terror unlike any I have ever felt. I spread my wings haphazardly in an attempt to catch her.

"Anka!" I crane my neck to where the otter pup lays, only to jerk back as she leaps to her feet and runs off. "Anka! Come back!" Only a moment ago my voice had been breathless with concern; now, as I scramble to chase after my bonded, it has a sharper edge to it.

Rei

Anka

I am only days old. Days. There is so much in the world around me, and every single part of it is new. My life is to be a grand one. Although it is lacking the grandeur at the moment. What my life does not lack? Walking.

My few days of life have been composed of walking; walking that isn't even my own!

"What are these?" My paws lift and pull on the odd body parts that sprout from Rei's shoulders. What is she? What am I? Am I what she is; or is she like me? Is she my mother? Will I grow up to look like her?

A huff of a sigh tumbles from me and blows at the white mane that I lay near. Not being able to communicate my questions and Rei's lack of comprehension of my words frustrate me. A large pout grows to what must be a comical proportion on my small face.

I am filled to the brim with questions but I recieve no answers. Covering my face with my paws I start to settle in. Might as well take a nap. But then Rei's steps stop. She is still! Chattering comes wildly from my lips as they part in excitement. Taking her pause as the opportunity that it is I leap from where I have spent most of my life.

The ground is hard. For a moment I am only able to lay motionless where I have landed. Then I am off. The flowing tresses of the willows brush against my fur and I laugh at their touch as I scamper by. None can catch me!

I will explore and discover my own answers. Then I might come back.

yewrezz | larfsalot
on deviantart

Sorry for how rusty the post is, I will get back into the groove!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.