the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking homes and hearts

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI

He says you didn’t hurt him, but his face is still wet. “Where hurting?” you insist, clucking over him like Mama clucks over you. Illy pushes on though, saying that he’s leaving—he’s “going somewhere else.” Your fault? You wonder, squinting at him uncertainly. But he said you didn’t hurt him, he did! “I won’t be living with you any more,” he continues, and from the tone of his voice, even you can tell he’s not teasing. He whispers your name, but you cannot hear it. “No!” you cry, even as his warm muzzle touches your shoulder. You’re crying now, too. “No, Illy! ‘Lios, don’ go.” You know you’re too little to change his mind, but you’re also too little to live without Mama. However, you won’t accept that Ilios is leaving you either. If you can’t stop him, you’ll follow him. And then Mama will come for both of you; you know she will. She’ll bring him back.

“Areli, I want you to have my necklace, so you can remember me always,” your brother tells you, and you watch with wide eyes and snotty hiccups as he lowers his head and slips off the pendant you’ve never seen him without. You want to tell him no, that you won’t need to remember him because he’s not leaving, but you’re too overwhelmed to get out anything coherent. Your little chest heaves with emotion as you stare at the shiny blur on the ground between you. It looks so lonely there, a lifeless peace offering lying in limbo. It doesn’t belong in the dirt, you think. Illy’s being stupid you think vehemently, rebelling in your private use of the s-word. “Won’t need’t,” you mumble, but you shove your muzzle under the chain and slip it on nonetheless. The pendant hangs comically low from your skinny neck, the chain much too long for you, but if you have to carry it until he comes to his senses, then so be it. “Coming with,” you say firmly, eyeing him defiantly. Mama’ll know how to find you, and when she does…she’s gonna Kick. His. Butt.

@[Ilios]
@[Kaj], I’d really like Areli to go to the Throat with Ilios just to see where he’ll be living! Would it be possible for Kaj to a) humor her and go along to bring her back, or b) at least tell Pare where she is?

[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-21-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-09-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-29-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-24-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-27-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 05-04-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Tamme - 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 05-22-2015, 04:47 AM