the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking homes and hearts

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
with everything falling down around me, I'd like to believe in all the possibilities

The two had grown strong and beautiful, glowing in their youth, holding heart and compassion close to their souls. He had watched with pride as they blossomed, regretting at times that he was not truly given the right (no, privilege) to have helped raised them. They were fine individuals, and in part the invasion was for them. The foals of the Edge that Kaj had taken beneath wing, into his heart. He had etched their names into his ribs so that he could carry them forever, and he had waged the war to ensure their safety and survival. He could never live through having to find a young, broken body that he knew so intimately. Could never forgive himself if the Goddess decided to prey upon his people, even as their patron.

He had watched them, given them as much undivided attention as the newly named Czar could offer, afraid that they would simply disappear as Rue had in the maelstrom of the invasion. And when the two had wandered away for a day of play and lighthearted antics, he had silently followed, a shadowed guardian prepared to lunge forth and protect them should anyone or anything seek to harm them. He had watched with a tight chest and a glittering broken smile on his pale lips to see them cavorting about cheerily, as innocent as he could recall them always being in some way.

Close enough to hear faint echoes of their words, Kaj admitted to himself that he'd somehow expected this from Ilios. He loved the boy in a private, quiet fashion. Knew him well enough to expect the youthful desire for change, for independence. He wondered how Parelia and Ciceron were faring, his more age-appropriate friends surely being the first two Ilios would have alerted to his thoughts. Areli did not understand at first, and it broke Kaj's heart to hear her cries when at last it dawned upon her, to see Ilios depart with his medallion and give it to his sister. A great sigh shook the beast, and he began to pad down into their little area, gently intruding in their little bubble on behalf of Ilios.

A quiet murmur sprang to his lips as he became the third point to their triangle, eyes on Ilios with an understanding expression crafted into his features before turning to Areli. "Ilios will be safe and happy in the Throat, Areli. He is old enough to decide where he wants to go, and it does not mean he can't visit you often," he assured, voice like velvet and silk, soothing and paternal where it should not be. They were not his children, by blood nor by right, but he loved them regardless and wanted to erase the pain of their parting the best he could. "I have a very good friend there, his name is Gaucho, and he leads the herd there. I promise Ilios will be safe with him, just like you're safe with me," a light tone of teasing infused itself into his vocals, a smile dawning on his face as he brought wing up to try and brush comfortingly against Areli's closest shoulder.

"I can take you both there, and you may see where Ilios will be staying. But you must come home with me afterward, Areli. You are too young to be leaving your mother, but the choice will be yours if you desire to follow Ilios when you are his age." Eyes finally flickered to Ilios, a sad sort of pride lingering in the cobalt and sapphire fissures. "I'm proud of you, Ilios," he murmured, meant more for the boy's ears than Areli's, lest they upset her further.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-21-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-09-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-29-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-24-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-27-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 05-04-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Tamme - 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM