[OPEN] And now we turn to my beautiful city

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

"It’s right! No, no, its left!"

Sacre stopped to stare pointedly at Inari and shook his head. "Not helping! I know my way back" he huffed as he turned to stare back out over the horizon, doing his best to put on a ‘business like’ face. The land had come to an abrupt stop with nothing but the ocean before them, there had just been a rather violent storm and the lingering cloud obscured his view. Sacre’s gaze wavered as he searched for a way in, a way over to the other side he knew was there, but something niggling at the back of his mind was telling him there was something else that had to happen first. For a while and much like a buffoon, he jogged around the vicinity in frustration with his brilliant blue eyes narrowed in thought. It had been a whole season since last he was here; he was older now too, a three year old! Though he still looked very much like Sacre with his ever growing black locks and red stains. Just a touch taller and a little more toned. Apparently travelling great distances agreed with his body that now sported a new fitness. His long travels had been in aid of a search, the boy had gone looking for his older sister Nao who had not been seen in a long time, he had only thought his search would take him to the northern bounds of Helovia. Instead, the trail had led him out and into different territory and his ever-curious mind followed the trail, of what he thought was Nao, until it ran cold.

After all that, he never found his lost sister and he only wanted to bring the news to her about mother.

"Ah!" A memory struck him like a bell. That of crafting and moulding many keys to unlock a… BRIDGE! "AHHHH!" His voice rang out in both frustration and realization. His two foxy companions sat and watched him lament over his own stupidity. "BRIDGE! I forgot about the- ugh BRIDGE!" Sometimes he surprised himself at how easily he forgot things in the face of his mind being preoccupied by other matters. Ríona, new to the land of fire, looked across the ocean curiously and with a knowing that this was where her bonded friends had come from. Inari, however, was shaking his head in exaggerated disappointment.

"Idiot, you helped make the key!"

"You forgot too!"

The childish and yet almost fun swipes carried on as they lingered on the Dragons Throat border.

image by strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

A tigermare sat in her boat, a lone pirate on the calm seas, swaying along with the wakes of the waters in between the island and the mainland, when a scream, voiced by either distress or frustration, resounded over the waters. The contrast between the stillness and the echoing noise brought Maren back from her chain of thought. Alabaster ears and wings jumped sky-wards as they both began circling into different directions like sonars, searching for the sound's source. Her eyes blinked against the vague light reflecting on the ocean, while she awakened. Then her gaze rotated towards the shore. A silhouette. A figure, troubled by the bridge? Ghe... Intrigued by either his fear or frustration (somewhere she hoped fear), she decided that it was only her sacred duty as self-pronounced water-patrol to see what precisely this was about.

She would come to the rescue.

Getting out of her lazy, comfortable position, she began to push and pull on the oars and - along with some squeaking, the boat began to slide through the water. As it was just a short distance, she let go again to decrease their speed, and sat back as they sailed the last bit of distance along with the waves.

"Good morning..." she said, as she sat motionless like a pup on the surface of the wood. Her wings lay still in the wind as the vessel began to gently bump and slide against and over the shoreline, moving with the motion of the ocean. Her whole body shocked along with it, but she didn't seem to care - or notice - as her lips parted, ready to speak, and her eyes fixated on the stranger. So while the wood made its grinding noises against the sand, she silently analyzed the visitor. The figure was dark, bearing only a vividly red splash on his flank as contrast. Red, just like his horn. His beautiful blue eyes were surrounded by something that looked like the scratches left by claws - also red, but as they were such an unnatural bright color the mare thought it a false wound. Still, she was intrigued. For it was always fun to find these unique ones between the average... Although, now she thought of it, there were actually little of those prancing around here, that this was not really deserving to be called rare anymore. Point was: He was quit simple, but still a pretty boy.

He had been rampaging about the bridge, which she thought was funny. Still, the enjoyment did not reflect in her silent eyes. Instead, her brain was more fixated on fixing his problem. "Want to borrow my key?" she offered casually with the flatness of an unconcerned voice about giving away her suppose-to-be only measure to go and leave her home. She ended her sentence with a soft smile. No... Wait. Her lazy eyes suddenly jumped open as they seemed to be experiencing a moment of realization. "...No!" She decided for the stallion, without really meaning anything with it. Maren's eyes just squeezed themselves together as she pried into the stallions beautiful blues. The tigermare's body wiggled to sit up a bit more straight, sat more like a watch-dog now. But in a boat. "What is your business here?" She attempted a stern look, accompanied by an attempt on a strict voice. After all, the handsome was acting odd and frustrated enough to be not one of her kin. Then again, the Throatlings were a bit odd; their acting and their coloring. But in the middle of her sentence the vessel bumped into the sand again, and there was a shock. Still, she managed to somehow keep her furowed frown.

Speech
@[Sacre]
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

"If you swim across and find-"

"I’m not swimming!"

"You can swim better than me!"

"Who said that?!"

Sacre snorted at the fox and dropped the matter. The damning fact was Sacre wasn’t sure how far across the sea it would be, even if Inari had agreed, the boy probably would have stopped him in the end. Still, he didn’t know what else to do other than wait for someone to notice him and open the bridge for him. If only life wouldn’t have sent him away on a mission, a matter of compassion for his sister who didn’t know… If only mother hadn’t of died and left the world a little duller than before. Even his benevolent heart couldn’t find his sister to offer his condolences. He just hoped she wouldn’t find out second hand from a stranger. The boy’s thoughts were growing rather spiritless until his little red friend spoke up in his mind.

"A boat?"

"I can’t just make a boat?!" Sacre suddenly exclaimed. Boat… Inari sounded more desperate than him. Or was he? "No, there’s a boat coming!" the vulpine stressed and Sacre’s expression turned incredulous "what?" he blurted as he turned to the sea to see the wooden object bobbing towards them. There really was a boat coming! Sacre watched it roll up against the shoreline with his face a concoction of surprise and disbelief. Had there always been a boat here? Aboard the wooden contraption was a mare sat more like dog than a horse and she had wings on her head. It looked quite cute really, nestled charmingly behind her silvery ears as her golden eyes with their red tint captured his attention along with her greeting. "Good morning" he returned, his voice wobbled a little as he took in the bizarre scene.

The boat bumped onto the shoreline and he watched as still she sat, seemingly unperturbed and he bared her examination willingly. Her voice was quite offhand as she offered him a key to get across the currently invisible bridge and Sacre was ready to jump on the opportunity until a realization seemed to strike the mare. 'No'- quite literally, she answered her own question for him and the boy watched her, holding his tongue as his expression became puzzled. He noted her sit up quite suddenly, like a guard dog, and her voice tightened somewhat or, well, more stern than her casual tone before. It was almost like she’d instinctively gone to help him before remembering she wasn’t meant to. In the end, it made the red stained boy smile brightly.

His boyish grin filled his face as he exuberantly proffered his head to begin his introductions "I’m Sacre! These two are Inari and Ríona" he nodded to each fox in turn before considering his business. "I’m from here! I went on a mission that took me away for a while and now I’ve returned-" he paused a moment, he didn’t really have anything on him to prove his identity. Though he was sure there were others in the desert land who would recognize him "I’m a crafter. That key you almost offered me, it opens a magical bridge right?" He smiled a bit more "I made that key- oh well, I made some of them maybe not that key specifically… But, what I mean is, we’re herd mates!" As always, his mouth ran away with him.

He paused again, looking at the boat and then back to the tiger striped mare who jolted along with it. Each time Sacre almost crept forward as if he was going to somehow catch her should she fall, but the tiny winged girl seemed to sit there sturdy enough. "I like your boat! Who are you?"

@[Maren]

image by strideroo

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Maren

The ocean rushed quietly in the background as the vibrations of its song caressed her skin. Her back began to ache. This appears to be a not so natural way to sit, after all. So the tigermare was glad when the stallion explained himself. Her wings, which had gone straight and militaristic, relaxed along with the rest of her red-striped body, and were now left with a soft wind flowing through the long feathered fingers. She nodded to the two foxes, for whom species her appreciation had spontaneously grown. "Good day." Then she returned her attention to the stallion. "Sacre", she said. Stating it as if she had been planning to invent the name herself while licking her upper lip, in thought. "Almost...?" She then mumbled more to herself, as he had proceeded on with his speaking. Now that she had been made aware of who he was she wasn't able to imagine herself not wanting to offer him her key. After all, the small, golden trinket was - if anything - more a bomb to her than a solution to a problem (entirely and deliberately made by themselves). He made them and then forgot about them. The wheels in her brain rattled and squeaked. It would not seem that he was afraid of the bridge. One did not forget such things so easily, so it must have not bothered him. Something inside her was... disappointed with that find. It made her feel a little more lonely.

The boat shocked, scraped loudly over the sand. She still sat in it, not making any suggestion for stepping out of it or changing from her now re-found relaxed doggy-sit. "Heh", she snorted softly a faraway twinkle in her eyes. They were herd mates, then. And somehow hearing Sacre put that fact into real words made her feel warm from the inside. Family. Her loneliness dimmed a little as a slight smile fell around her lips.

Alright...
This stallion appeared to be just another odd one, just like the rest - and just like her.

"I like your boat! Who are you?"

Instead of a 'thank you' she said: "I like my boat too"...because it's my key. A short pause followed in which she looked lovingly at the wood. Then she glanced up again. "I am the Sun's Diviner, Maren. Guidance is just a part of my services, but I wouldn't mind guiding you home..." While saying that her gaze had started walking between the space that was left in the vessel and the stallions tall figure. She frowned thoughtfully at the unicorn, deciding whether his dark derriere would fit in next to her light colored one. Having made her decision after some fairly obvious judging, she finished her sentence. "...In my boat." If he wanted to, at least. If he wasn't afraid of the sea. If he believed in her as captain and foremost; if he believed in her as a guide. Her eyes pried into his; an attempt on getting his thoughts, even though she wasn't mind-reader. "The waves hold me in their grip, so I can't fall...- Don't worry, I am a great captain." she answered his look as she had concluded from the tensing and easing that was going on around his muscles that he was worried she would fall out of the symphony of the boat's rocking. "I am one with the waves", she announced, closing her eyes. But then she fell forward. Alas, she had not yet merged on the same level with the sea as she had with the sun.

Speech
@[Sacre]
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

The two vulpines, who were watching the exchange in deep fascination, dipped their own heads in a foxy “hello” to the tiger horse upon her greeting. The boat continued to bump against the shore causing Sacre to worry more for the safety of the mare who sat in it. Still, she rocked along with the wooden vessel and the boy began to admire her balance, he wasn’t sure he could stay on something that bumpy. "You should have built a boat" Inari muttered into Sacre’s mind, his voice had an edge of disappointment which the red stained stallion ignored. If he had his key he wouldn’t need to have a boat although the thought of his own little ship made him happy, he could have his own standard! With a lustful sigh, he stared across the ocean and towards the red land. Having no bridge seemed like a good idea at the time, but when one was stuck on the other side of home, it was a bit inconvenient. For now, he let this scout on the water scrutinize him until she had found all the answers she wanted.

He smiled brightly, "did you build it?" he enquired, wondering if she had a crafters touch like himself. If so, she had quite the talent. It rocked up against the shore without seeming fragile, it was simple and pretty, a nice creation. However, the boy’s gaze soon returned to the pixie-winged mare that enlightened him of her name, her rank and a little hope. Maren the Sun Diviner. Tandavi had been a Diviner before she had become Sultana. Her memory crept into the corners of his mind and he felt a pang sadness, he hadn’t spoken to her in so long. He made a mental note to find her soon and check she still faired well. "Your guidance would be very helpful, thank you Diviner Maren" his voice was courteous for her offering, he was more than ready to be home and any help in the matter would be met with great appreciation from the eager stallion. However, when she mentioned their mode of transport he looked sceptically at the rocking boat, to Maren and then across the sea. Perhaps she didn’t have a key, perhaps this was her key. He didn’t want to ask if she had a one of the bridge keys instead in fear that he might upset her.

"I am a great captain"

He looked at her again, this time firming up his gaze, if she was his Sun Diviner then he no reason not to trust her. There was no way he was getting across any other way. There was also the fact that Inari and Ríona were already beginning to make their way onto Maren’s vessel, their eager paws not even giving it a second thought. Sacre laughed but stopped abruptly when the mare lurched forwards and he took a few steps towards her instinctively "are you okay?" he asked hurriedly. He waited to confirm she was indeed fine before replying to her offer "I would be honoured to ride in your boat, Captain" his voice was far more bubbly now.

He made his way towards it and waited to see if she had any instructions before boarding rowboat.

@[Maren]

image by strideroo

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Maren

Regretfully taking back her last thoughts, she leaned back again, unharmed. Still, he asked her if she was okay. With one of her wings she flapped his polite worries away. "Ah, that was just the wind." She attempted to recover herself. But the vessel underneath her was starting to grow restless, and thus he would have to hop in soon or not. For this boat was going to take off with or without him. She was not about to put to much effort in stopping it from sailing the paths of motion it was meant to sail, after all. His bright smile worked somewhat dazzling and she had to blink a few times before his question made its way to her brain. "Heh..", the happy chuckle left her lips. She dipped her head as she spoke, wings starting to flap cheerfully next to her temples. "I did build it. With a little help from a friend." she smiled mysteriously delighted now, too. For the power of forging metal that had helped her fix the ship had not come from her, but from him.

She let the glorious sea winds fill her lungs for a moment. "But chit chat can come later, this old boat's blood pressure is getting low." The tigermare's eyes wandered over the deep blue sea and the sky where the figures of seagulls flew in the far. Inari and Ríona were slowly making their way onto the ship, and she was silently cheering them on before looking over to Sacre again. He seemed such an easy-going stallion, something which she didn't came across very often. It made her feel easily relaxed and as if she could just throw him all the words that came to her unstoppable mind, without having the need for a tiring discussion after. "Aye! Crawl in then, lad, and I will show you our home's backyard...", she said while lowering her head and glancing up at the stallion - an attempt to get him to hurry the up, but in a kinder way then she would normally do were she to follow her standard. She had lowered the volume of her voice to a hypnotizing whisper. "...In a in a way you've never seen before." As her last resort she wobbled her eyebrows only once under a golden gaze, and then shot him a flawless wink.

When she saw that he had given in to his (she was sure) inner desires to become a sailor, she turned her determined face to the sea. "Give it a good push before you jump in, that will give us a nice boost."

Speech
@[Sacre], wild waters or smooth waters? :D
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

Quite suddenly, their conversation was coming to the climax. He would either have to get in the boat or camp out on the coastline. The ocean beneath her wooden vessel was growing restless and the current rocked it this way and that, causing Sacre to dither on the beach before it, watching Maren with the eyes of a concerned horse. There was enough time for her to confirm that she was indeed the owner and builder of said boat, with the help of a friend that is. The colt became visibly impressed, now it was in front of him it was almost an obvious thing to build, but he may never of thought of it had he not come across the boat of the Diviner. "You built a fine vessel, both you and your friend" he wondered if her friend was another crafter or something else entirely, his gaze bought into her mysterious smile, but the restless sea would leave it a mystery for now. It did seem appropriate to compliment it, from one builder to another, in some strangely adequate way. Maren seemed to have caught onto (probably much earlier than Sacre) the agitated waves and it seemed to reflect in her voice.

As well as this, her words appeared to wrap around never seen before in a way that tugged at the strings of this curious mind forcing his hooves to itch ever forwards. It inspired thoughts of unseen corners in a world so vibrant and full of mystery that it lulled his inquisitive self to finally commit to the boat with headstrong determination. Curiousity was a passion Sacre didn’t easily lose. So, with great enthusiasm, he went to ‘crawl in’ her craft that would lead them south and beyond. "Well, if you put it that way I best climb aboard" and as he approached the boat he listened well to her instruction, a flicker of concentration crossing his young features.

"Aye, aye cap’in" hadn’t every young lad always wanted to say that before boarding a boat. His front feet hit the deck and he pushed with his hind legs off the shore in order to give it the boost it needed before clambering in. Finally on board, he looked a little like a rabbit in headlights, trying to steady his limbs that weren’t used to the motion of a boat. Like two true little sailors, Inari and Ríona appeared quite content with the proceedings so far, their foxy gazes looking eagerly to the horizon. When he thought he’d gained enough confidence balancing, his bright blue eyes tried to seek out Maren with a searching question "you need any help?"

ooc: Let’s go wild, wild is always fun xP
waaa I just realized your table quote, I love that Lights song <3 [sorry for the wait too, Uni deadlines suck]

@[Maren]

image by strideroo

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!