the Rift

[OPEN] Mad World

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik was not bothered by time or the conversation. It make be making a circle, but all spirals were still circles. Though achieving similar shape, the velocity changed, sending the object ever closer to the center. Perhaps they were getting closer and closer to the matter at the middle, but he honestly had no idea. For once, sharing so many words was not an issue – not something that was dragging him down into discomfort and irritation, so he was not rushing to end it any time soon. Still, she seemed exhausted, so held back, taking a moment to listen.

He still did not agree. She did not either. Why would she want to share the sadness? Why would she need to understand and heal it? Sadness was not a bad emotion, and sometimes it needed to heal over time - not without meddlesome intervention. Essetia’s head seemed full of fanciful ideas and dramatic notions about the heart that he simply did not feel and would never feel, but that was part of what made her such a curiosity. She treated these intangible emotions as if they were concrete. How?

The stallion could agree to the last part though, and he nodded. “I left my… brethren to fend for themselves, but I did it out of disagreement. I was not forced,” he said, speaking of his past – back when he was still a yearling. “I can understand how that would make you feel guilty, and… I am sorry that you had to feel that way.” Apologies were rare, and trying to understand how she felt was even moreso. He was a creature hunting like a wolf to crash through naïve notions of the world, but she was so articulate and clear. Her argument was shockingly valid.

Apparently she was still upset about Midas, but he had no idea why. Ulrik did not kill him, and it was clearly apparent why he was nervous about returning the body. Emotions had this stupid way of clouding reality. Wouldn’t she understand that he did not want to take claim for a death when it was not caused by him?

His velvet black lips set into a grim line, and he waited patiently as she approached, closing the distance. Ulrik raised a thick, black brow and watched as she let out a girlish squeal. The Engineer almost visibly cringed, and he flattened his ears out to the side, squinting his bronze eyes against the pitch of her noise. What was that for? What could he possibly have done to deserve that?

Apparently that must have been some sort of noise of excitement and humor, and he carefully uncrinkled his expression, raising a curious brow. She sarcastically called him a “wise-one”, and he snorted. He supposed he was being a bit holier-than-thou, and he exhaled, looking back toward her with a self-deprecating smile.

Her next words were a complete surprise, and he blinked dumbly a few times. Absently, he wondered if she was getting at something, but she was in a vulnerable state. He didn’t anticipate that she was being manipulative. Ulrik smiled a bit, a weirdly honest smile that sat funny on his usually stoic face. “I can’t promise that I will be interesting, or that you will like what you see,” he prefaced. “But, if you want to get to know me, I will be honest.”

“And, I would like to get to know you too. Question for question?” he suggested, taking a bold step forward and clearing some space between them. He stood tall, neck lifted as he looked down at her strange, pale eyes from beneath his thick, black lashes.

@[Essetia]

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Mad World - by Essetia - 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-25-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 05-01-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 05-02-2015, 10:45 PM