the Rift

[OPEN] Mad World

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul

Didn't they say that only love will win in the end
Our conversation felt more like disconnect than understanding, or like two waves pressing against one another until someone collapsed in the monsoon of our discord. It didn’t matter how much light I tried to shed or how many stars I tried to hang from the sky- Ulrik was not taken by my ideas of grandeur, and really, that was just fine. We certainly didn’t have to agree to exist or to converse or to simply part ways, but there was a glimmer of hope that I foolishly gripped to my heart that just would not be extinguished. I supposed there was some small piece of my soul that believed there was something bigger hidden beneath the crude layers of logic that Ulrik lived by…. But, I wanted more than anything to know if he kept dreams or desired the sweet tang of a fantasy or two. Did he ever just let go, or was he always so formal- so hard and regal?

Sure, he attempted to sympathize with me by sharing tales of disapproval in his past -tales likely fitted with black, silken lies- or how sorry he was sorry that I felt so useless. Yet, it mattered little when comparing our situations- I felt that I was needed and he was not. I wanted to regale him with only more argument to support my opposition, but what good would it do now? We’d reached an obvious impasse and no amount of logic on my part could sway a man so set in his ways. It was best to ride out the tide and move forward, forget that these words were ever even mentioned. They wouldn’t be remembered anyhow… “Well thank you,” I murmured reluctantly. Though you still don’t understand, not truly.

But, I would have to forgive him his inability to grasp the storm I presented; after all, we were nothing alike. I couldn’t be angry that Ulrik was a man made more of stone than flesh or that his eyes ticked like clockwork, always studying, always calculating something unseen. Even now as I peered up at him from beneath thick, dark lashes, his mind was working to provide a conclusion to all loose ends that hung limply from my open lips. I baffled him with my theories and vice versa, but the alternative was also a truth that I had a hard time swallowing. Of course deep rooted resentment for him still stemmed from his successful attempt to keep from my position in the Falls, but there was something else thriving just beneath the ash. The ember was still too small to be seen and yet it was a thought planted, a curiosity stoked.

Even as I watched his lips part, smoothing into an almost brusque smile, I could not help but stare. He was indeed a fascinating creature at the very least and one that was quite easy on the eyes- even I could not deny my appreciation of the man. Though, such fascination appeared almost unrequited… almost. I’d pressed my hand with a bit of light flirtation (though I could not say it was all that convincing) and the way the Engineer received my sentiments tugged a soft smile from my velvet lips. He claimed modesty in regards to personality and inner workings, which was not an unfamiliar reaction as I’d come to learn, but at least he’d agreed. I wondered if he knew that I already found him to be interesting, intriguing actually. He was like the answer to a problem that was just as the tip of my tongue, but one that evaded me time and time again. I was so focused on finding the answer that I didn’t care how close I came to, or how hard I pressed, Ulrik even if I hadn’t expected him to challenge me in return.

Yet, I was not backing down, no matter how tempting those bronzed eyes appeared or how muscular he- Was he trying to distract me? Surely he didn’t believe me easily swayed? “Question for question then,” I responded fluidly. But what had I to ask? It was clear that I knew very little of Ulrik and his life, but I knew some things, such as his passion for crafting machines… I also knew of his independence and his ability to solve problems logically and accurately. Perhaps I knew more than I’d ever want to confess, despite our rocky beginnings. “You first,” I urged. I was hoping that he would open the floor for our discussion because I feared where my own incentives might lead.

Credits: Whit & Tamme are too fab | Image by Image

@[Ulrik]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Mad World - by Essetia - 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-25-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM