the Rift

[OPEN] whats the sense in anything?

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Thor && Evangeline
“I was more worried that you had found yourself dragged into the fray. I never would have been able to forgive myself for that… and I’m still struggling to come to terms with this.”

"No." Evangeline murmured at the very idea of even being involved in the battle. Even if she had been dragged into it she wouldn't have lifted a hoof to harm anyone. She would have commanded Tallis away so he would not set fire to anyone who attacked her. She would rather be surrounded by those that wished her pain, that attacked her and hurt her than to hurt any of them. Her beliefs in peace were too strong for her to sacrifice and if she did sacrifice that then what? Who would she be? If she couldn't stand for peace no matter the odds then what would she stand for?

“I don’t believe in it at much as you… but what else could we do? I was called to assist my herd and I did, no matter how right or wrong."

"You could have said no!" Evangeline retorted, her exasperation unmistakable. "But you didn't. You said you don't believe in this and yet you sacrificed that belief because you were told to fight by warmongers. And for what? This!" She jerked her head at the beaten herd, snorting. It wasn't the time or the place for them to be arguing, but how could he asked what else he could have done? "All of this could have been avoided." She said sadly. "If they would have talked to me ... if they would have let me do my job. Why even ask me to be their Emissary if they don't use me? I could have negotiated, I could have ..." She shook her head, frowning. "But its done. My job, my title, everything I was supposed to do ... completely worthless. Pointless." They hadn't even gone to her to talk to her about any other possibilities. And if that was how it was going to be what was the point in even trying to force herself to stay in the Falls? Why try to help kings and a queen who thought so little of their advisors?

"Evangeline, Thor. Are you guys alright? Resplendence is healing over there if you need it."

"Alysanne..." Eva murmured the healer's name as she turned to look at her. There was no need for her to even ask her what she thought of the ordeal, she could sense the bitterness that rolled off of Alysanne. "I'm fine..." She turned her head away and looked at the battle weary herd. "They're the ones that need healing. If I had the healing magic I had in Isilme I would heal them all myself." But there was very little that she could do in the way of healing major wounds. The only thing she could do was point them toward a healer or give them some herbs to help for a short time.

She listened as Alysanne expressed her disbelief and as Thor said that he could not live in the Falls. "I can't, either." She said. "I will not serve or follow kings and a queen who throw diplomacy and negotiation to the way side." She turned and looked at Thor and Alysanne. "They said they wanted peace. That the World's Edge wanted peace." She shook her head and frowned. "This is not what they claimed to want. This is hypocrisy at its finest and I want no part of it."

"."

@[Thor]
@[Alysanne]
image credits

Messages In This Thread
whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-04-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM