the Rift

[OPEN] whats the sense in anything?

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Instead of answering in words, Alysanne shook her head vigorously at Thor’s question - tears swimming in her green eyes that she did not wish to let fall and she knew they would as soon as she tried to answer that question. She wasn’t okay - physically, yes but the shock of seeing battle was not something she was going to dance away from. There was such a flurry of negative emotions in her heart that she wasn’t even sure she had names for all of them, nor did she understand where one ended and another began. They all mingled together and she felt lost, swept out to sea and finding temporary relief in the guise of these two acquaintances.

She felt relief to find them unharmed, though she would have certainly helped them if they had, and they both pointed out the need for the members of the Falls. She nodded sadly, hoping that all those who wished for healing found it today. “I did what I could, helped them out during the fighting. Both sides.” She did not feel ashamed at this - her herd betrayed her long before she betrayed them by healing who they considered the opposition. Alysanne had not been able to turn away when she realized the mare Archibald had been fighting needed more help than anyone on “her” side. She only wished that she had come to her senses sooner, she might have been able to help out the members of the Falls throughout the battle

A weight lifted from her as she heard first the whisper from Thor and the stronger agreement from Evangeline. She had already been planning on leaving but their words solidified her choice, made her feel better about it. Her bitterness, anger, hurt, and sadness was not uncalled for - she saw versions of the same emotions reflected in the two she stood with now. “The herd that invaded the Falls today is not the one I joined when I came to Helovia - I’ll not stay with them either.”

Once more her attention drifted past them and toward the entrance of the Falls though she caught herself faster this time, realizing that being angry was no reason to be rude. “I was on my way out, I cannot bear to linger any more.” No farewells needed to be made, she felt the need to get back to the Edge. A rush of guilt reminded her that her family was still there, waiting to hear news on what had happened today. There would be others too, left behind to guard the herd, that would face a choice. “Would you care to join me?” An offer with a ghost of her usual smile, feeling fond of the two as they experienced mutual disappointment over the actions of their leaders.

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

@[Thor], @[Evangeline]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-04-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-13-2015, 10:03 PM