A lake that never

freezes, a heart that

always burns.

Friendship becomes him,

confidence absolves,

and the night:

his gentle parent

with the cheek that guides to rest.

Lena had no need to fear that Ashamin would depart. The young buck moved with anxious ease at her beckoning, following her deeper into the territory that was to become his home. He was thrilled by the prospect of friends, of these two mares as his potential confidants, but couldn't shake the feeling that it was all too good to be true.

And then, before them stretched the lake. It was a wide expanse of purity, an ancient silver mirror that spread across the basin and left the viewer with the sense of its belonging. This lake had always been here; Ashamin felt that in his bones, and he could not help himself from wandering closer to its short and placing his delicate white forehooves in its comfort.

The water did not disappoint. The buck was instantly taken in by its soothing comfort, and dipped his head lower to its surface. His nose brushed the surface, creating cool, small ripples that danced over the glassy facade and disturbed the clear reflection of the marvelous painted sky overhead.

Ashamin turned his face back to Lena and Rexanna, his black eyes brimming with a thankfulness that perhaps they could not make out but was there nonetheless. His lips turned up, and he felt the confidence of comfort, of friendship, swell in his fast-beating breast.

He listened with perked ears as Lena explained the unfreezing lake, and though he filled with questions, his excitement overtook his ability to voice them. The Haruspex, the Time God... a God? And a God that the Helovians knew? Ashamin was shocked, and struggled to wipe the surprise from his features. That was something he would have to investigate, but perhaps on his own, when he couldn't possibly embarrass himself with his ignorance. He had known faith all his life, but to know a God? That was something special, and he felt the desire to know a god, too, filling his soul.

Rexanna was right. It was nice to get a true tour, and especially with friends. But the hour grew later each passing moment, and his tail began to droop as exhaustion set over his being. He had, after all, been venturing alone for quite some time. The journey to Helovia had been long enough, and the journey to the Basin had been no short one itself. He blinked slowly, focusing his gaze first on Lena, and then on Rexanna, where it settled. "Thank you," he replied, his stuttering fading to a familiar warmth. It was surprising how at home he felt here, with these two once strangers--these two now friends.

"Thank you both for showing me this. I hope to see the rest of the Basin at your sides," he spoke, pushing down the so many questions he longed to ask in favor of politeness. "I think..." He paused, considering briefly that this could be rude, but decided against it, "I think we should meet again, but part for tonight. The day has been long."

It was polite, he decided as his tail curled forth and dipped into the water where he stood. He had said the right thing, he thought as he lowered his already dripping feature back to the water to quench his thirst. And in the morning, some morning sometime in the future, after this leave and after some sleep, he would find them again.

[[Tagged: @[Lena], @[Rexanna]. Closing this up for now because of Ashamin's timeline being so far ahead of this but you guys can post again if you want, and they should meet again soon! Sorry this is not my best post, I have been struggling with it and just wanted to get something out for you guys.]]
Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LENA] [Introduction Thread] Your Sky - by Ashamin - 05-31-2015, 07:54 PM