the Rift

Ashamin :: Jen

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Magic (P)::Light:: When emotional, the stone in his horn pulses with light at the pace of his heartbeat.

Magic::Light:: Ability to share heartbeats, allowing him to feel those of others and letting others feel his at will, and to interpret another's emotions based on their heartbeats.
Magic::LightxDark:: Upgrade. Ability to alter the heartbeats of others to influence their emotions or cause discomfort.

Magic::LightxDark:: Ability to manifest his or another's heart as a spectral creature that can be hurt or even killed. All damage done to the vulnerable manifestation harms its source. Manifestation's form differs with each character, and is usually represented by something or someone that they hold dear, decided by the source's player.
Magic::LightxDark:: Upgrade:: Can separate the manifestation from its source, allowing him to keep it captive.

NSS Companion:: Royal Cerndyr

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Everything looks fine to me save for the second magic.

The regular form sounds okay to me - the upgrade might need to be restricted. For instance, it might be either a time issue (can only keep a manifestation for 1 or 2 threads), OR that he can only keep 1 captive at a time.

Heya Aud--I was assuming it was only one at a time, I meant to put that in there. Whatever restriction the administration thinks is fairest I am happy to abide by, thanks for letting me know.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Odd
Up to date!

Genetic Mutation::Ability to have two companions

(The other companion would be another Cerndyr so just keep the other one that he now has, I guess?)

Odd
utd

Small Item :: A set of six ancient gold coins, worn in his mane. Create small electric sparks when they strike each other.

Small Item :: Lochan's the Cerndyr's four lost milk teeth, strung together by a golden thread.

Medium Item:: Lochan's the Cerndyr's first shed antlers, both solid black with 16 tines each.
(Will eventually be coated in gold by Zahra and attached to some other material by a crafter so they can be worn as a headpiece, to be done in RP--will provide design of this when solidified)

Would like to alter the magics above to be the following:

Magic (P)::LightxSpark:: When emotional, the stone in his horn crackles with electricity at the pace of his heartbeat.

Magic::Light:: Ability to share heartbeats, allowing him to feel those of others and letting others feel his at will, and to interpret another's emotions based on their heartbeats.
Magic::LightxSpark:: Upgrade. Ability to alter the heartbeats of others to influence their emotions or cause discomfort by influencing the electrical pulses to their heart.

Magic::LightxSpark:: Ability to manifest his or another's heart as a creature that can be hurt or even killed and is made of harmless electricity. All damage done to the vulnerable manifestation harms its source. Manifestation's form differs with each character, and is usually represented by something or someone that they hold dear, decided by the source's player.
Magic::LightxSpark:: Upgrade:: Can charge the electricity of a manifestation to be harmful and command his own to attack.

Small item :: Speckled grey fragments of the egg of Lochan the Cerndyr, collected after his hatching. The inside of the shell is a smooth, jet black. Strung together by a white thread.

Odd
The coins would be a custom item, just FYI.

With regard to the heartbeat magic - you can't do anything that requires GMing. So, if my character looks emotionless but has a quickly-beating heart and I write that it's because she's really happy, you wouldn't know that. It could be out of fright or anger for all you know.

Same with changing the heart beats of others - if you increased my heartbeat it might make me anxious just as easily as happy, even if those have the same BPM.

And for the electric-heart-creature, again it can't have GMing. Agreed upon forms are totally fine, but without that it would just be his own approximation.

@[Aud], yup, that was all what I figured. I didn't know about the coins but I'm happy to list that as custom, or just remove the spark part so they can be small. I'd like to think on that for a bit, I'll repost when I know.

I was trying to be careful when I said "interperet"--I meant from this that he would use the heartbeat speed to make his best approximation, not that he would necessarily be correct. Same with the influencing. I'm figuring if someone says something tender or is crying and he feels their heartbeat rise it's fair for him to figure out that emotion though? For characters like Mauja who keep a stone face he'd just figure "something has that dude feeling a lot of something right now."

I had assumed I'd be asking people for forms, yup. :) If they don't give one I'll do whatever Ashamin might think. IE, if he is chilling with someone and their companion he would probably do a form of the companion, when that character might really be thinking of their long lost brother.

The rest is good, though?

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Yes the rest is good! :D

Odd
Just for clarity, the magic would be

:: [Magic: LightxSpark | Ability to share heartbeats, allowing him to feel those of others and letting others feel his at will, and to interpret another's emotions based on their heartbeats.]
:: [Lasts 30 seconds in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.]

:: [Magic: LightxSpark | Upgrade. Ability to alter the heartbeats of others to influence their emotions or cause discomfort by influencing the electrical pulses to their heart.]
:: [Lasts one post in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Fine by me! :)

Custom Item :: A set of ten ancient gold coins of varying sizes and from various ages in history, worn in his mane. Create small electric sparks when they strike each other.

Could the following please be removed:
Small Item :: Lochan's the Cerndyr's four lost milk teeth, strung together by a golden thread.
Medium Item:: Lochan's the Cerndyr's first shed antlers, both solid black with 16 tines each.
Small item :: Speckled grey fragments of the egg of Lochan the Cerndyr, collected after his hatching. The inside of the shell is a smooth, jet black. Strung together by a white thread.

And could the following be added:
Custom Item :: Offensive :: Antlered Headpiece :: A headpiece and helmet created with Lochan the Cerndyr's first shed antlers. The base of the headpiece is black cloth and stone, and falls between the ears, splitting in two behind them and curling on each side to cover his cheeks in crescent moon shapes. The antlers are black with 16 tines each, and are strung with Lochan's four pale white milkteeth as well as fragments of his egg, which are a pale speckled grey. The headpiece is wrapped underneath Ashamin's horn and set with his white stone. It is unable to be removed, but can be summoned or collapsed into the stone. When summoned, the stone is white as before and appears to glow; when collapsed, the stone bears the black marking of an eye.

((I would like for Ashamin to gather all the materials to make the item himself IC, but then have them compiled to create a custom item. I am also happy to/would like the option to compile them all as a large item minus the enchantment for it to be summonable and then quest for that, later. Talked this over with Time and got the OK for it and the successful combination of the headpiece, eggshells, milk teeth, and stone.))

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
CURRENTLY APPROVED

Magic (P)::LightxSpark:: Stone in his horn crackles with harmless electricity to the pace of his heartbeat.

:: [Magic: LightxSpark | Able to share heartbeats allowing him to feel others/others to feel his which lets him interpret another's emotions.]
:: [Lasts 30 seconds in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.]
:: [Magic: LightxSpark | (U) Able to alter the heartbeats of others to influence their emotions.]
:: [Lasts one post in battle. Requires permission outside of battle. Can cause discomfort by influencing the electrical pulses to their heart]

Magic::LightxSpark:: Able to manifest his/another's heart as a creature made of harmless electricity which can be hurt/killed. All damage done to the vulnerable manifestation harms its source.
Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.
Magic::LightxSpark:: Upgrade:: Able to manifest his/another's heart as a creature made of electricity which can be hurt/killed and attack. All damage done to the vulnerable manifestation harms its source.
Lasts 30 seconds in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.

Genetic Mutation::Ability to have two companions

[Custom Item :: A set of 10 ancient gold coins that create small electric sparks when they strike each other.]

[Custom Item :: Offensive :: Antlered Headpiece :: A headpiece created with Lochan the Cerndyr's first shed antlers. Comprised of black cloth/stone/16 tine antlers/4 milkteeth/egg fragments. Can be summoned or collapsed into the stone.]
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

I would like to change the antlered headpiece so it can be combined with his bear god mask and it's adornments would hang off of his necklace when collapsed. So that would just be an unenchanted medium item(?)

Lochan's first shed 16 tine black antlers decorated with four milkteeth and egg fragments.

[Offensive Item: Spiked spinal piece made of upwards facing sharpened antlers. Fixed by two down-turned antlers that wrap around the breast and girth, covers the entire length of the spine.]

PLEASE REMOVE:
Antlered Headpiece/Lochan's antlers, Milk Teeth, Egg shells. (No longer needed/wanted)
[Offensive Item: Spiked spinal piece made of upwards facing sharpened antlers. Fixed by two down-turned antlers that wrap around the breast and girth, covers the entire length of the spine.] (Better wording agreed upon, receiving IC using item passes)

PLEASE ADD (Discussed with Aud)
Item enchantment/quest:: Honey Badger Armor :: Armor is weightless
Item enchantment/quest:: Honey Badger Armor :: Absorbs the shock of blows, dulling or nulling pain.

PLEASE ADD
Item:: Two Companion Magic Mutation (if it is possible to have this twice, one for each of two companions, I would like to have it on the list twice.)

YOU MAY REMOVE (received)
NSS Companion Cerndyr